Is Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3 that bad?

#1dualkatanafredPosted 3/8/2013 8:50:08 PM
I'm new to fighting games and am trying to pick one to buy. I like the characters in UMVC3 the most, but some people say it's a spam fest and some people say it's the new Smash Bros. Can someone tell me whether or not it is any good, and whether Mortal Kombat and TekkenXStreetfighter are better?
#2Simon_JeehaPosted 3/8/2013 8:53:09 PM
UMVC3 is awesome.
---
Add me! PSN: TheLimit32 TTGL 4everrr!
Yoko <3 http://i.imgur.com/FOnn1Pb.png
#3MetalZoicPosted 3/8/2013 8:54:05 PM
Personally I thought SFxT was much better, but if you prefer the UMvC characters then get that one, I'm sure you'll like it.
#4zandm7Posted 3/8/2013 8:54:26 PM
UMvC3 is allegedly quite amazing, on the contrary...
---
Playing - Too much. But mostly Vita, PS3, and PC games.
PSN: zandm7
#5Golden_MeanPosted 3/8/2013 8:55:33 PM
MvC has ALWAYS been a spamfest, but whoever gave you the idea that it's the "new smash brothers" is disgustingly misguided.

There is no denying that it is very, very fun. Perfect for people new to fighters.
---
LoL: Rontuaru - "Grasp Destiny. Forfeit Humanity." - Rah Xephon
#6dualkatanafred(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2013 8:56:05 PM
zandm7 posted...

I've been hearing a lo of contradicting opinions, though. Most of the hate probably comes from people who were upset when they released two versions of MVC3.
#7BigG777Posted 3/8/2013 8:56:48 PM
its cool but blazblue is the superior fighting game. just saying.
#8dualkatanafred(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2013 8:57:42 PM
Golden_Mean posted...
MvC has ALWAYS been a spamfest, but whoever gave you the idea that it's the "new smash brothers" is disgustingly misguided.

There is no denying that it is very, very fun. Perfect for people new to fighters.

Perhaps I did not phrase it correctly. What I meant by "new Smash" is a very popular fighting game. No more and no less.
#9Golden_MeanPosted 3/8/2013 9:01:44 PM(edited)
dualkatanafred posted...
zandm7 posted...

I've been hearing a lo of contradicting opinions, though. Most of the hate probably comes from people who were upset when they released two versions of MVC3.

It's always the case with capcom fighters, and they are upset mainly because for the hardcore players, this means they are forced to buy the new iteration just to keep up with the technical nuances that change the metagame in competitive play. Whereas Capcom doesn't give a damn and knows people WILL buy it and it just nets them more money in the end.

Exhibit A: SF4 > SSF4 > SS4AE

dualkatanafred posted...
Perhaps I did not phrase it correctly. What I meant by "new Smash" is a very popular fighting game. No more and no less.

I see. It's popular because it's fun. The most popular figher scenes on the east/west coast have adopted marvel since its first iteration. MvC2 was already a big hit in the fighting game scene. With the advent of social networking and live streaming that's available nowadays, word has spread, lots of top calibur fighting game pros have flocked to it, and it's just become an extremely popular game.

---
LoL: Rontuaru - "Grasp Destiny. Forfeit Humanity." - Rah Xephon
#10dualkatanafred(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2013 9:01:14 PM
Golden_Mean posted...
dualkatanafred posted...
zandm7 posted...

It's always the case with capcom fighters, and they are upset mainly because for the hardcore players, this means they are forced to buy the new iteration just to keep up with the technical nuances that change the metagame in competitive play. Whereas Capcom doesn't give a damn and knows people WILL buy it and it just nets them more money in the end.

Exhibit A: SF4 > SSF4 > SS4AE

I'm not sure why they're so upset, though, if it's so obvious to predict. Everyone bashes Capcom for this, yet they keep on buying their products. Hypocrisy at its finest.