Is Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3 that bad?

#11Golden_MeanPosted 3/8/2013 9:02:21 PM
dualkatanafred posted...
Golden_Mean posted...
dualkatanafred posted...
zandm7 posted...
UMvC3 is allegedly quite amazing, on the contrary...

I've been hearing a lo of contradicting opinions, though. Most of the hate probably comes from people who were upset when they released two versions of MVC3.

It's always the case with capcom fighters, and they are upset mainly because for the hardcore players, this means they are forced to buy the new iteration just to keep up with the technical nuances that change the metagame in competitive play. Whereas Capcom doesn't give a damn and knows people WILL buy it and it just nets them more money in the end.

Exhibit A: SF4 > SSF4 > SS4AE

I'm not sure why they're so upset, though, if it's so obvious to predict. Everyone bashes Capcom for this, yet they keep on buying their products. Hypocrisy at its finest.

Oh yes. Same with COD. lol.
---
LoL: Rontuaru - "Grasp Destiny. Forfeit Humanity." - Rah Xephon
#12graveyoutoPosted 3/8/2013 9:05:05 PM
dualkatanafred posted...
zandm7 posted...

I've been hearing a lo of contradicting opinions, though. Most of the hate probably comes from people who were upset when they released two versions of MVC3.

No most of the hate comes from people that get the s*** kicked out of them and can't do anything about it but wine like little girls
---
Go away im bay'ting
#13Golden_MeanPosted 3/8/2013 9:06:46 PM
graveyouto posted...
dualkatanafred posted...
zandm7 posted...

No most of the hate comes from people that get the s*** kicked out of them and can't do anything about it but wine like little girls

So free.
---
LoL: Rontuaru - "Grasp Destiny. Forfeit Humanity." - Rah Xephon
#14pariah164Posted 3/8/2013 9:08:21 PM
I love UMVC3.
---
The Original Pari - Accept Nothing Less (Innocent Until Proven Evil)
Keeping this in my sig until a new Phoenix Wright game is released in the US!
#15ExcIusivity69Posted 3/8/2013 9:30:03 PM
Mortal Kombat, Blazblue, and Street Fighter x Tekken are better. Go for those.
---
When did "casual player" become an insult? -Taizuku
The real question is "When did hardcore gamer become a compliment/aspiration?" -JMBoote
#16Linkin-Park_Posted 3/8/2013 9:36:47 PM
Touch the Screen to win prettt much.
---
Dragonballzfan2, Knuckles_Sonic, LPxDBZ. http://i.imgur.com/PiRCN3k.png
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_meezbw7wUP1qzk426o1_1280.jpg
#17EseenuzPosted 3/8/2013 9:41:00 PM
The game is nearly a perfect port of PS3 version (minus some static backgrounds here and there) I own all of the fighters mentioned above aswell, awesome games
#18Skull_proPosted 3/8/2013 10:14:31 PM
I love UMvC3. I technicly prefer it over SFxTK (I own both) but due to the fact that SFxTK has higher online activity (Mostly due to it being cross-play compatible (though I DO see a lot of vita version players)) I play SFxTK more. If only Capcom could make an update that makes both the PS3 and Vitra version of UMvC3 cross-play compatible, I'd probably be playing that a lot more!
---
Married to Clay, Driftveil city's gym leader
Official Roserade of the Pokemon X/Y boards
#19KerneIPosted 3/8/2013 11:31:34 PM
No, the game is great. Calling the game a "spam fest" is rather naive. Any fighting game will have spammers, thing is spamming never works at high level play for any game and UMvC3 is no different. Spamming is pretty much asking to get hit and shows how unfamiliar you are with the game.

Regardless the game garners its huge fanbase in the west due to the fast paced, combo oriented gameplay. Its more of a hit or miss. Some people love the fast-paced action and fun combos, others want something more slow paced. Don't let that make you think that the game takes no skill and is just a party game though. Its quite the opposite. Its good for picking it up from scratch, but if you want to get better it takes some serious practice and learning.

It is also popular due to its comic characters. If you really like the roster, go for it. The roster is not super well balanced gameplay wise, but its not as bad as something like all stars.

Btw, touch controls are optional and most people online don't play with them on. Also, the touch controls are limited to small combos so I actually like it when my opponent uses them because its an easy win.
---
http://oi45.tinypic.com/2evgnds.jpg