Where do you see the Vita 1 year from now outside of Japan ?

#1BruceLee1974Posted 3/9/2013 8:03:07 AM(edited)
I think Sony has got some big plans for the Vita Worldwide specially if it continues to do so well in Japan. I know Sony doesn't give up and I know they will pull something out very soon.

Maybe they were testing the water first in Japan to see how it went, I think 1 year from now, it's going to be one of the best handhelds with a lot of great games on it, games that were never possible on handhelds before the Vita.

I just think the Vita needs that 1 game that blows people's minds, a game that's never been possible on a handheld before. Maybe something like a GTA5, Fallout game, a game like Skyrim, FarCry 3 or something big like one of these and then it might kickstart it to a really bright future.

In your eyes, where do you see the Vita 1 year from now outside of Japan ?
#2DalekZeroPosted 3/9/2013 7:59:23 AM
Same spot where the psp was. Vita gets the niche jrpgs, 3ds gets the castlevania, dragon quest type games. Which I'm fine with.

Also, I think western devs will work more with the vita. They like dazzling effects, and while the vita isn't amazing by any means, if has enough graphics power to give devs what they want. Before last year I don't think any of us imagined a full assassins creed game on a handheld. It wasnt great, but you compare the psp assassins creed to the vitas.....miles ahead IMO.
---
How do you make holy water?
You boil the hell out of it.
#3ContradictatorPosted 3/9/2013 8:01:45 AM
If they continue this slew of crap game support, then I see it as I see it now. A beautiful emulator machine with a beautiful interface that wishes it could compete with 3ds. I own both and am not a fanboy, but Sony is its own worst enemy when it comes to business. I mean, look at the sd card prices!!
---
".........."
#4kyncaniPosted 3/9/2013 8:55:47 AM
If PS4 remote play really works, it will be brighter than ever :
- Play PS4 games when you're at home
- Play Vita games otherwise
- PS+ will bring PS4, PS3 *and* Vita games
#5Natureboy99Posted 3/9/2013 8:58:41 AM
It will be doing way better than now after a price cut and ps4 remote play.
---
Voted class of 2079 most likely to abuse time travel
#6MobileWarfarePosted 3/9/2013 9:01:20 AM
Natureboy99 posted...
It will be doing way better than now after a price cut and ps4 remote play.

---
"If you buy a hotdog and don't like it can you get a refund lol" - DemonDog666
#7BruceLee1974(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2013 9:55:20 AM
What is this remote play I hear so much about ?
#8Natureboy99Posted 3/9/2013 10:21:54 AM
BruceLee1974 posted...

Every PS4 game that uses a normal controller will be playable on Vita through remote play. Vita is basically the PS4s WiiU tablet controller.
---
Voted class of 2079 most likely to abuse time travel
#9William_18Posted 3/9/2013 10:28:02 AM
I see it as only an accessory to the PS4 which makes me pretty sad.
---
PSN: Kaminari2
If you don't believe in Jesus Christ, put this in your Sig.
#10BruceLee1974(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2013 5:05:58 PM
Natureboy99 posted...
BruceLee1974 posted...

Every PS4 game that uses a normal controller will be playable on Vita through remote play. Vita is basically the PS4s WiiU tablet controller.

What's the use of that, you would have to be home to use remote play wouldn't you ? If so might as well just play it on your TV.