Why doesn't Sony have PS2 games available for download for Vita on PSN?

#1KINDERFELDPosted 3/11/2013 7:39:17 AM
I'd spend so much money all the PS2 games I've missed out on.

Sorry if you have 100s of PS2 games in your room but I don't.

I was too busy Gamecubing and Xboxing it and I missed out on a lot of those games.

Sony, please hear my cry.
Folks are saying Soul Sacrifice isn't as good as they thought it would be.
Put the PS2 library on PSN for Vita to download....please!!!
---
the polyfilla way look strong in the weakness of the gaps
#2Evil_GogetaPosted 3/11/2013 7:40:50 AM
KINDERFELD posted...
I'd spend so much money all the PS2 games I've missed out on.

Sorry if you have 100s of PS2 games in your room but I don't.

I was too busy Gamecubing and Xboxing it and I missed out on a lot of those games.

Sony, please hear my cry.
Folks are saying Soul Sacrifice isn't as good as they thought it would be.
Put the PS2 library on PSN for Vita to download....please!!!

Soul Sacrifice is better than what I thought it would be! A lot of my friends feel this way too!

But on topic, I would love if the Vita could play PS2 games but I doubt we would see this :(.
---
PSN/Wii U: GuiltyPersona Official Foreign JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken #1 Fan
Playing: (WiiU) MH3GHD and Dragon Quest X Beta (Vita) Soul Sacrifice and PSO2.
#3RotuhiiriPosted 3/11/2013 7:45:06 AM
PS2 emulation is challenging and taxing on the hardware. It isn't enough with just more powerful hardware and the Vita probably couldn't handle it.
---
JRPG fans, support our struggle: http://chn.ge/SsowWy
Join our cause: https://www.facebook.com/OperationDemonBane
#4KINDERFELD(Topic Creator)Posted 3/11/2013 7:52:33 AM
Rotuhiiri posted...
PS2 emulation is challenging and taxing on the hardware. It isn't enough with just more powerful hardware and the Vita probably couldn't handle it.

Wow, then why was this system sold and promoted as a handheld PS3?

Damn I'm really upset now.

I was hoping to play Lament of Innocence and Curse of Darkness.

If what you guys say is true, that the emulation is impossible on the Vita, then I'm really disappointed, not in the Vita but in that fact.
---
#5RotuhiiriPosted 3/11/2013 8:06:55 AM
I thought it had always been known that the Vita was less powerful than the PS3 but I guess not. The PS3 even struggles with PS2 emulation.
---
JRPG fans, support our struggle: http://chn.ge/SsowWy
Join our cause: https://www.facebook.com/OperationDemonBane
#6FKRW4LifePosted 3/11/2013 8:17:44 AM
If the streaming future of Sony comes to pass the expect your wishes to come true
---
Before you comment remember this "It is better to remain silent and be thought of as a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"
#7Fallen_LordPosted 3/11/2013 8:51:18 AM
KINDERFELD posted...
Rotuhiiri posted...

If what you guys say is true, that the emulation is impossible on the Vita, then I'm really disappointed, not in the Vita but in that fact.

Emulation, as stated earlier, is very demanding of the hardware. The system doing the emulation has to run the game and run the emulation program that is running that game which basically means the hardware has to be powerful enough to run 2 programs at the same time. Most handhelds are simply not designed for multi-tasking.
#8gray_fox_00Posted 3/11/2013 9:02:56 AM
FKRW4Life posted...
If the streaming future of Sony comes to pass the expect your wishes to come true

IF you buy a PS4.
---
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice
#9KINDERFELD(Topic Creator)Posted 3/11/2013 9:08:11 AM(edited)
Fallen_Lord posted...
KINDERFELD posted...
Rotuhiiri posted...

Emulation, as stated earlier, is very demanding of the hardware. The system doing the emulation has to run the game and run the emulation program that is running that game which basically means the hardware has to be powerful enough to run 2 programs at the same time. Most handhelds are simply not designed for multi-tasking.

So the Metal Gear Solid HD collection are the games remade specifically for the Vita?
Also what about the Final Fantasy X HD and Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus?
---
#10brycemorrPosted 3/11/2013 9:10:10 AM
gray_fox_00 posted...
FKRW4Life posted...

IF you buy a PS4.

GaiKai will be coming to Vita as well. While Sony hasnt out right said it, they have been dropping subtle hints that it is. If you watched the GaiKai segment of the PS4 reveal they did mention the Vita in their as well.
---
psn: bdawgtimes84