Why doesn't Sony have PS2 games available for download for Vita on PSN?

#21gray_fox_00Posted 3/12/2013 9:09:18 AM
FKRW4Life posted...
plo617 posted...
brycemorr posted...
gray_fox_00 posted...
FKRW4Life posted...
If the streaming future of Sony comes to pass the expect your wishes to come true

IF you buy a PS4.

GaiKai will be coming to Vita as well. While Sony hasnt out right said it, they have been dropping subtle hints that it is. If you watched the GaiKai segment of the PS4 reveal they did mention the Vita in their as well.

Honestly, that feature will be useless for most people that actually use their Vita outside of the house. So it would great to see more PS2 remakes on there.

Agreed, lol. But I still see it coming for both ps4 and Vita

I have my doubts that they'll actually release anything for the Vita by itself. The fact that they haven't come out and said it when that's something that would make the Vita sell (and right now it needs to sell) is was makes me doubt it'll get a service independent of being routed through the PS4. I mean news that you'll be soon be able to play the majority/entirety of the PlayStation library as you know it on your handheld system. That would sell systems.
---
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice
#22OtakuGameraPosted 3/12/2013 9:13:17 AM
PS2 emulation hasnt been done and optimized for the vita yet, the vita absolutely can handle it no problem and if the PS4 can stream game at a reasonably good level, then you can use that
---
PSVita no games? http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/64767381
http://www.atlus.com/res/p4g_faithful_reviews_1.jpg
#23PHOENIXZEROPosted 3/12/2013 9:59:12 AM
No... It can't. >_> No amount of optimization is going to change that. If it could be done the PS3 would have a software based emulator instead of what they have been doing with PS2 "Classics" on the PS Store.
---
Search engines are awesome, you can find the answer to the question that's been asked a hundred times before in a manner of seconds, more people should try it.
#24ns_85Posted 3/12/2013 10:12:32 AM
Eoin posted...
KINDERFELD posted...
So the Metal Gear Solid HD collection are the games remade specifically for the Vita?
Also what about the Final Fantasy X HD and Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus?

Yes, any PS2 game that appears on the Vita is remake specifically for the Vita.

FFX is also coming out for PS3.
#25EoinPosted 3/12/2013 10:29:44 AM
ns_85 posted...

Yes. It is. How does that relate to what I posted?
#26TechniMyokoPosted 3/12/2013 11:01:47 AM
Rotuhiiri posted...
PS2 emulation is challenging and taxing on the hardware. It isn't enough with just more powerful hardware and the Vita probably couldn't handle it.
#27ns_85Posted 3/12/2013 11:41:51 AM
Eoin posted...
ns_85 posted...

Yes. It is. How does that relate to what I posted?

I thought you were saying that any PS2 games that were being remade for the Vita would be exclusive for the Vita.