Are you sold on Soul Sacrifice?

#41JobocanPosted 3/12/2013 6:26:10 AM
All the videos I've seen for SS made it look insanely boring. I don't know if it's because the players just weren't good at it, but the gameplay seems so bland and... Well the bosses don't look fun to fight at all which sucks even more since, in all the videos I've seen, they were really long to kill. I'm fine with long bosses, but only if they're actually fun to fight rather than just repeating the same over-telegraphed pattern for the duration of the fight.

I'll have to try a demo.
---
www.vgcollect.com/jobocan - My Collection
#42Evil_GogetaPosted 3/12/2013 6:30:43 AM
Jobocan posted...
All the videos I've seen for SS made it look insanely boring. I don't know if it's because the players just weren't good at it, but the gameplay seems so bland and... Well the bosses don't look fun to fight at all which sucks even more since, in all the videos I've seen, they were really long to kill. I'm fine with long bosses, but only if they're actually fun to fight rather than just repeating the same over-telegraphed pattern for the duration of the fight.

I'll have to try a demo.

You really do have to find the weaknesses of the bosses and also have to telegraphy attacks yourself as well as throgu hthe bosses attacks!

The bosses do repeat a lot at the start but then they do change as you progress through the main story and the offline multi `story` parts"!
---
PSN/Wii U: GuiltyPersona Official Foreign JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken #1 Fan
Playing: (WiiU) MH3GHD and Dragon Quest X Beta (Vita) Soul Sacrifice and PSO2.
#43BahamutBBobPosted 3/12/2013 7:01:03 AM
No undecided option, just three "Yes" options and a "No" option.

trollhunter2 posted...
I need a playable demo

Pretty much this. I have it preordered, but I don't know if I'll cancel that or not. I need to play the demo before deciding, and I refuse to create a Japanese account just for one demo.
---
XBL / PSN: BahamutBBob
#44Evil_GogetaPosted 3/12/2013 7:07:53 AM
BahamutBBob posted...

trollhunter2 posted...
I need a playable demo

Pretty much this. I have it preordered, but I don't know if I'll cancel that or not. I need to play the demo before deciding, and I refuse to create a Japanese account just for one demo.

Well a pre-order means that you`ve seen enough to buy it already this gen. If you enjoy being put into a small to medium area ( half of Monster Hunter kinda areas) and killing some monsters/bosses and taking between 3-50 minutes to defeat with you own unique set Magical attacks/Illegal Magical attacks/ uniquely edited left arm, then keep you pre-order!!
---
#45SieKensou(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2013 7:28:39 AM
BahamutBBob posted...

sorry... i noticed that a little too late.... the topic was already made by then...
---
Tear Grants: Yappari Kawaiii~! <3<3<3
Want/Interested/Recommended Games: http://artonelico.isisview.org/viewtopic.php?p=362462#p362462
#46ryudin89Posted 3/12/2013 7:34:53 AM
Kyoshiro12345 posted...
ryudin89 posted...
I was never one for Monster Hunter or any of it's clones. I'll wait for a demo and see where that leads.

the only thing that SS has in common with MonHun is that there are 4 players fighting a big boss, nothing else, not building armor, not armor system, magic and weapons, whiole MonHun is only weapons.

The gameplay looks Monster Hunterish enough for me to barely be interested in it. Again, I'm going to need a demo or it's going to have to get one hell of a reception for me to consider buying it.
---
GameFAQS=why games should be played and people should be avoided.-selfdeztruction
http://fav.me/d3e91yr
#47Evil_GogetaPosted 3/12/2013 7:40:10 AM
ryudin89 posted...
Kyoshiro12345 posted...
ryudin89 posted...
I was never one for Monster Hunter or any of it's clones. I'll wait for a demo and see where that leads.

the only thing that SS has in common with MonHun is that there are 4 players fighting a big boss, nothing else, not building armor, not armor system, magic and weapons, whiole MonHun is only weapons.

The gameplay looks Monster Hunterish enough for me to barely be interested in it. Again, I'm going to need a demo or it's going to have to get one hell of a reception for me to consider buying it.

It seems like it, but you fight in a small to medium area against a boss or a few enemies, you choose you magic or Power seeds before a match and then you or you and a few people/friends take on a boss in different ways, if you die you can as kfor them to revive you or sacrifice you or let you die.
If they choose to make you live they lose half of their health (most of the time), if you choose to die you just watch them but if you are sacrificed your death deals dmg to the enemy and you can help strengthen your party for a certain time or you can make your enemies defense weaken!
---