Can anyone use anyone's save?

#1firepixiePosted 3/13/2013 9:13:46 PM
Like say for example, I know someone who has beaten X game that has a Clear Game file to start over with New Game Plus goodies.

Could they just copy the save to the PC then I can copy it to my Vita?
---
PSN/Pawn:
firepixiedarien/Leggylass (200 Bezel Ranger), JugsOfHolyness/Battle Bra (200 Mage), LanceToTheN/Mageulook (200 Sorc)
#2brycemorrPosted 3/13/2013 9:16:50 PM
No Saves are tied to your account. Sorry to say that any games with NG+ in it wont work.
---
psn: bdawgtimes84
#3TinyTim123Posted 3/13/2013 10:12:57 PM
The ONLY way it can be done is if the game is first played on a Vita that has no PSN tied to it. I know this because I had my Vita for something like 5 months before I could associate it with a PSN ID (there was no broadband infrastructure in the town in which I lived, so no possible way to link it to a PSN).
---
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
#4firepixie(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2013 10:35:12 PM
TinyTim123 posted...
The ONLY way it can be done is if the game is first played on a Vita that has no PSN tied to it. I know this because I had my Vita for something like 5 months before I could associate it with a PSN ID (there was no broadband infrastructure in the town in which I lived, so no possible way to link it to a PSN).

^dis true? o.O
---
PSN/Pawn:
firepixiedarien/Leggylass (200 Bezel Ranger), JugsOfHolyness/Battle Bra (200 Mage), LanceToTheN/Mageulook (200 Sorc)
#5TinyTim123Posted 3/13/2013 10:48:02 PM
It's true, but then it can't be transferred by a computer, as if you hook a Vita to the computer, unless one is using Open CMA, it has to connect to the net, and if it connects to the net at all you have to have a PSN ID. So the game has to either save to the cart or to the memory card, and then someone would have to give that cart or memory card to you, and if you have a PSN ID on your Vita, then that save is then tied to your PSN and cannot be used by the person who originally had it, because it then expects that person to sign in using your PSN ID.
I know all of this from having a Vita with no PSN for five months, playing a game on my brother's Vita just fine, but being unable to then play my game on my Vita, 'cause PSNs. Then I put my brother's PSN on my Vita, and that is part of the reason we now share the same PSN.
---
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/