lol. Ign "VitA oUtsold 3ds for the first time in japan"

#1hajile12Posted 3/14/2013 5:44:43 AM
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/13/vita-outsells-3ds-in-japan-strong-sales-continue?utm_campaign=twposts&utm_source=twitter

"Price Cut + Games = Success"

"Last week, we reported that the PlayStation Vita was finally finding some significant sales success in Japan following its vaunted Japanese price cut. During that week, Vita sold 62,543 units, a tremendous spike for a handheld that’s been wallowing in low sales numbers for a significant period of time.

Well this week, according to Japanese sales numbers published by Gemastu, not only have Vita’s sales been sustained, but they’ve actually increased slightly. From March 4th to March 10th, Vita sold 63,581 units, with Vita outselling the 3DS in Japan for the first time ever (including Vita’s launch week, when it was outsold by 3DS 367,691 to 324,859)."

"Price Cut + Games = Success
by Colin Moriarty
March 13, 2013

Last week, we reported that the PlayStation Vita was finally finding some significant sales success in Japan following its vaunted Japanese price cut. During that week, Vita sold 62,543 units, a tremendous spike for a handheld that’s been wallowing in low sales numbers for a significant period of time.

Well this week, according to Japanese sales numbers published by Gemastu, not only have Vita’s sales been sustained, but they’ve actually increased slightly. From March 4th to March 10th, Vita sold 63,581 units, with Vita outselling the 3DS in Japan for the first time ever (including Vita’s launch week, when it was outsold by 3DS 367,691 to 324,859).

Sales have likely been sustained due to Vita’s price cut to below ¥20,000, though two new significant games also launched for the handheld that almost certainly helped as well. Soul Sacrifice, from Mega Man creator Keiji Inafune, sold 114,446 units at retail (plus an undetermined amount digitally), while Tales of Hearts R pushed an additional 55,258 units at retail. Last week’s big games on Vita – Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus and Phantasy Star Online 2 – reached total retail sales of 111,461 and 71,258, respectively.

Can Vita’s strong sales be sustained in Japan? Only time will tell."
---
Somtimes i go to dog parks even though i dont have a dog. I bring a leash though and i wear a very shifty look. =I
#2DrROBschizPosted 3/14/2013 5:47:26 AM
Vita still has plenty of Big games coming to japan this year too

One Piece
Dangan ronpa
Dragons Crown
Toukiden
And many more

I expect the sales to remain respectable for the rest of the year

Also Sega announced that 350K Vita players have PSO2

Not a shabby number even if its a free download. Should make Sega the boatloads of cash it desperately needs
#3EonPaladinPosted 3/14/2013 5:48:24 AM
Geez.. We're all happy that the Vita outsold the 3ds, but enough with this kind of topic! Theres like tons of them here and its getting annoying... :|
---
PSN: Derrysan360-US
#4silenthill4vidPosted 3/14/2013 7:10:24 AM
lol annoying....welcome change from all da hating id say b0is...
---
splinter cell: blacklist......the latest game series turned generic shooter.
#5DrROBschizPosted 3/14/2013 7:15:26 AM
silenthill4vid posted...
lol annoying....welcome change from all da hating id say b0is...

Seriously

Plenty of room for Vita in the market

Not to mention all the great deal we are enjoying on games at the moment from the awesome digital store
#6cheezedadadaPosted 3/14/2013 7:17:24 AM
EonPaladin posted...
Geez.. We're all happy that the Vita outsold the 3ds, but enough with this kind of topic! Theres like tons of them here and its getting annoying... :|

There were MONTHS and MONTHS of vita bashing topics....no one was trying to get those to stop.
---
"And the companies get those blank dvds for pennies, burn to them, then sell them for $60. That's ok?"
-TheGlow
#7Cyber Akuma ZeroPosted 3/14/2013 7:41:52 AM
Hard to sell more 3DSes when everyone in Japan owns one :P

To be fair, while the price was indeed high, the biggest thing stopping me from buying a Vita is the outrageously priced propitery memory. If it used memory sticks, mini-memory sticks, or even MicroSD(yeah right), I would have already had a Vita by now.

The PSP's memory sticks were (and still are) expensive too, but at least they were not exclusive to the Vita and Sony weren't the only ones allowed to make them, and still not as expensive as Vita memory.
---
"A train station is where a train stops. A bus station is where a bus stops. On my desk I have a workstation." - William Faulkner
Gamertag in profile
#8StrikeNinja24Posted 3/14/2013 7:47:55 AM
LolIGN.
---
Xbox & PS3 gametag = StrikeNinja24
And if Strike didn't stroke his own peen, then nobody would. - Super-Pangolin
#9Undrey_Posted 3/14/2013 8:09:08 AM
cheezedadada posted...
EonPaladin posted...

There were MONTHS and MONTHS of vita bashing topics....no one was trying to get those to stop.

Yeah.
#10BruceLee1974Posted 3/14/2013 8:09:17 AM
I don't mind seeing these topics, it gives the Nintendo fans less to tease us about now.

I would love to see the Vita to continue each week with strong sales, as I want to come to this board just to talk about games and not sales stuff.

Maybe one day that will happen.