digital download question

#1policemenmanPosted 3/14/2013 10:24:29 PM
does it have a download limit? i have recently bought a 32gb memory card from ebgames and i read something like this
"You can only register a digital game onto 3 systems. Since I was forced to restore my Vita, I had to re-link my account to it. That means the games only have 2 registers left."

source : http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/639534-disgaea-3-absence-of-detention/65167426

my vita crash ones and i decided to remove the memory card and everything restart/including psn/system information.. does that count?. also does it count when using content manager? i cant understand it clearly though can anyone explain it to me? thanks
---
snake can you read me.. Snake SNAKE! *turun tun tun* (gunfire sfx)
#2Bs-KILLPosted 3/14/2013 10:28:26 PM
as far as i know digital have no download limit. but ("digital download register onto 3 systems") i didnt know that there is something like that..
---
NOW playing : ACIII(360), PS allstars(PSV), Resistance BS(PSV), SW: force U(360)
NEXT target: ACIV(360), Killzone Mercenary(PSV), AC"2013 rumor"(PSV)
#3shadowcat2164Posted 3/14/2013 10:30:11 PM
im not sure did you de authorize your vita before you restored it? when I did it I was told to do it before I formated and it gives you the option to do it before it formats. If you didnt de authorize before formatting than you might have lost one of your registers to sonys ridiculous drm policies. If you did authorize than your golden and its like you never installed it.
#4policemenman(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 10:33:47 PM
shadowcat2164 posted...
im not sure did you de authorize your vita before you restored it? when I did it I was told to do it before I formated and it gives you the option to do it before it formats. If you didnt de authorize before formatting than you might have lost one of your registers to sonys ridiculous drm policies. If you did authorize than your golden and its like you never installed it.

i dont know. what happened is that the time i reformat all its like the time you bought vita for the first time. where you arrenge the clock/psn.. so i dont really understand on what exactly the "limit" their talking about and im a little hesitant on digital upon reading this. *sigh i just bought this 32gb and now this*
---
#5shadowcat2164Posted 3/14/2013 10:40:15 PM
I prefer physical copies of games my self but I buy digital only versions when its the only option or if its on sale. The digital stuff is fine just make sure you de authorize your system before you reformat again. I would call sony tech support and tell them what happened because im not an expert on how their license stuff works.
#6Angemon_23Posted 3/15/2013 2:12:54 AM
i dont really understand on what exactly the "limit" their talking about

There's not a download limit per se, but there's a limit to the number of systems you can have registered on your account (one of the reasons you should deactivate a system before getting rid of it). Maximum is 2 home consoles and 2 portable systems. It used to be 5 systems, without differencing home consoles and portable systems, but i guess Sony wanted to crack down on account sharing. Anyway, there's always https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com .Log in, deactivate all systems if for some reason you can't access a console/handheld.
---
"Angemon_23 already rocked this topic to its very core, and everyone since is just posting in the ashes." - GradyHoover
#7ninigoucnPosted 3/15/2013 2:19:56 AM
https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com .Log in, deactivate all systems if for some reason you can't access a console/handheld.

you can do it only ONCE per year
#8Angemon_23Posted 3/15/2013 2:24:17 AM
you can do it only ONCE per year

Once every six months.
---
"Angemon_23 already rocked this topic to its very core, and everyone since is just posting in the ashes." - GradyHoover
#9policemenman(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 4:15:50 AM
Angemon_23 posted...
i dont really understand on what exactly the "limit" their talking about

There's not a download limit per se, but there's a limit to the number of systems you can have registered on your account (one of the reasons you should deactivate a system before getting rid of it). Maximum is 2 home consoles and 2 portable systems. It used to be 5 systems, without differencing home consoles and portable systems, but i guess Sony wanted to crack down on account sharing. Anyway, there's always https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com .Log in, deactivate all systems if for some reason you can't access a console/handheld.

ok i get it now. what i can't really understand is the OP's words on the link i have given

"You can only register a digital game onto 3 systems. Since I was forced to restore my Vita, I had to re-link my account to it. That means the games only have 2 registers left."

he said that he had only 2 registers left. what does he mean by that? so if i mistakingly forced to restore your vita twice. does that mean i cannot register it again after that and all the games i bought from the psn will be restart? im really confuse into this.. but is the OP totally right on what he said?
---
#10policemenman(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 4:31:32 AM
^and also what happens if i mistakingly "restore the ps vita system" without deactivating the device?
---