Just bought a Vita

#1LordMarluxia11Posted 3/19/2013 11:48:14 AM
Bought one for 160 and so far I am loving the experience, this is my first portable system and I don't have any Vita games yet so I have been playing GoW Gost of Sparta and LBP (both for PSP, they were on sale on PSN).

So what games can you recommend? I will absolutely be getting Persona 4 Golden (Persona 4 is my favorite game), Little Big Planet Vita, Uncharted and Gravity Rush.

What are the other hidden gems?
#2William_18Posted 3/19/2013 11:50:45 AM
Vita Games:
-MGS HD Collection
-Playstation All*Stars
-Sly Cooper Thieves in Time
-Uncharted
-Mortal Kombat
-UMvC3

PS Classics:
-Resident Evil 1-3
-Castlevania Symphony of the Night
-Tomba
---
PSN: Kaminari2
If you don't believe in Jesus Christ, put this in your Sig.
#3DrROBschizPosted 3/19/2013 11:51:50 AM
Here is what you have to look forward too as well

http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/blacklagoon/blog/march-vita-lineup-and-upcoming-titles/99754/
#4LordMarluxia11(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 11:51:57 AM
Is there any cross buy for the PS3 MGS HD collection?
#5XphoenixedgeXPosted 3/19/2013 11:52:02 AM
Wipeout 2048
If you like racing games and dont mind relatively long loading times.
#6canton kidPosted 3/19/2013 12:11:31 PM
look into psp games, i myself liked parasite eve 3rd birthday, corpse party was on sale a bit ago and ys 7

for vita i love stardust, its a great portable game... virtues last reward is good even if you didnt play 999

there is a sunflower game for like $4 thats really good also... plants vs zombies if you never played it before is great
---
psn/wiiu: flyingdragon_903
3ds: 0259-0302-8546
#7RotuhiiriPosted 3/19/2013 12:20:49 PM
Congrats and enjoy your purchase! No cross-buy for MGS HD, sadly.

Here are my top 5 Vita games:
Persona 4: Golden
LittleBigPlanet
Virtue's Last Reward
Gravity Rush
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time

I don't know about hidden gems but these are all good games and if you haven't heard of them, then they were hidden. And Gems. Of course you might not like them if you don't enjoy the franchise genre but look some up.
Silent Hill: Book of Memories
Dokuro
EDF 2017 Portable
Urban Trial Freestyle
New Little King's Story
Sound Shapes
Virtua Tennis 4
Assassin's Creed III: Liberation
Uncharted: Golden Abyss
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD
Plants vs. Zombies
Playstation All-Stars
Sine Mora
Super Stardust Delta
Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack
MotorStorm RC

FREE games that are pretty fun:
Jetpack Joyride
Treasures of Montezuma Blitz
---
JRPG fans, support our struggle: http://chn.ge/SsowWy
Join our cause: https://www.facebook.com/OperationDemonBane
#8DragonyeuwPosted 3/19/2013 12:54:28 PM
I'd recommend investing in a year of PS+ plus. Right now, Uncharted, Wipeout, and Gravity Rush can be downloaded at no extra cost to be used for the duration of your subscription, in addition to other games that are thrown in every few weeks. Examples of other games that have been made available for Ps+ users in the past are Final Fantasy Tactics PSP, Jet Set Radio HD, right now Plants vs Zombies, Megaman Maverick Hunter X can be downloaded at no extra cost.

Additionally, PS+ members get discounts on select games, even on top of games that may be on sale generally. Case in point, this week UBIsoft is having a sale, Lumines Electronic Symphony is usually( I think) 26.99, this week is on sale for 18.99, with Plus members getting a further discounted price of $13.22. Depending on how much you're into digital downloads, the service can offers good overall value.
---
Current systems owned: 8gb Wii U, PS3 slim,xbox 360 GOW model, Wii, PS2,Dreamcast, SNES, White PS Vita, Red 3Ds, PSP3000, PSPGo,
#9William_18Posted 3/19/2013 12:55:09 PM
LordMarluxia11 posted...
Is there any cross buy for the PS3 MGS HD collection?

Nope but it's still worth buying it for the Vita since you still get 4 great MG games on the go.
---
PSN: Kaminari2
If you don't believe in Jesus Christ, put this in your Sig.
#10LordMarluxia11(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 1:11:44 PM
I completely forgot about AC3 and BLOPS2.
Thanks for all the suggestions I got some ideas now, another question:

As a collector, I have multiple PSP games on physical format, mostly Collector's Editions of games from my favourite series. I don't have a PSP, is there a way for me to play these games on the Vita, like download them for free?, since I already have the physical copies of them.