Is it possible that Sony will discontinue the PlayStation Vita in North America?

#1SolnotPosted 3/19/2013 2:55:36 PM
Since UK retailers are going to stop selling the PlayStation Vita next week, does that mean Sony is leaving the UK market forever? Is it possible that this move will spread to North America and Sony will stop selling the Vita here too? The only place where the Vita seems to have picked up in its sales is in Japan, so what if Sony decides to discontinue selling the Vita everywhere except Japan?
#2DalekZeroPosted 3/19/2013 2:57:45 PM
No. That would be suicidal for present and future sales of ANY Sony system.
---
Dear gamefaqs: why do you make sales topics which cause stupid fanboy wars and negative feelings on all sides? WHY CAN'T WE BE FRIENDS GODDAMMIT!? -DalekZero
#3BakaIdiotPosted 3/19/2013 2:59:03 PM
2 million sold worldwide. I wouldn't be surprised.
#4marioparty17Posted 3/19/2013 3:00:11 PM
if they did the psp, they do the psv :P
---
3DS FC 2535-3692-1887 PSN : MARIOPARTY17
He covered from head to toe in weaponary, like a rainbow apocalypses - Viridi Goddess of Nature from KI:U
#5shadowcat2164Posted 3/19/2013 3:00:25 PM
isnt the uk stores stopping selling the vita like a grocery store chain? The vita from what I can tell is doing fine at least locally. And sony isnt discontinuing anything its a store not carrying it.. Anyway thats why they have specialized stores like game stop which carry it so buy it there?
#6elluinkPosted 3/19/2013 3:05:08 PM
Solnot posted...
Since UK retailers are going to stop selling the PlayStation Vita next week, does that mean Sony is leaving the UK market forever? Is it possible that this move will spread to North America and Sony will stop selling the Vita here too? The only place where the Vita seems to have picked up in its sales is in Japan, so what if Sony decides to discontinue selling the Vita everywhere except Japan?

yeah starting tomorrow.
#7twerterPosted 3/19/2013 3:13:58 PM
shadowcat2164 posted...
isnt the uk stores stopping selling the vita like a grocery store chain? The vita from what I can tell is doing fine at least locally. And sony isnt discontinuing anything its a store not carrying it.. Anyway thats why they have specialized stores like game stop which carry it so buy it there?

Yeah that's what I thought. It's not like Sony stopped shipping Vita's to the UK....or did they???!?!?!? Conspiracy afoot.
---
Hey baby. I noticed you have braces. I have braces, too.
PSN: fuzywuzy
#8KenauePosted 3/19/2013 3:16:23 PM
No.

/topic
---
HOCKEY'S BACK! GO PREDS! WELCOME BACK TO SMASHVILLE!
PSN: Lord_CBH / Live: LordCBH
#9Riyo_chanPosted 3/19/2013 3:17:54 PM
Wow....UK Stores =/= Sainsbury's

Sainsbury is a very expensive grocery chain.....not known for games (in fact I've never seen a Sainsbury's with even a slightly decent selection beyond a handful of shovelware)
---
The life of a samurai is like the cherry blossom, beautiful but brief
Official Brakidios of MH3G Board
#10Spiffy247Posted 3/19/2013 3:19:46 PM
Sony is almost certainly going to try a price drop before discontuation.
---
I'm clever, vaguely feminine, a vampire, and I wield Dice. PH33R.
The 3DS and PSVita are both outstanding systems. Wally the Equality Weasel says so.