they should seriously sell the vita at a massive loss

#1EbonMagicianPosted 3/19/2013 8:11:46 PM
Sell the vita for like... $100, then make up for it in software sales once more developers pick it up because of the massive new market. The current strategy doesn't seem to be working BTW, I have a vita, but I haven't touch it in months :<
---
3DS FC: Lotaphi 1118-1539-9491 --- Vita PSN: Bernkestel Wii U: Bernkastel
message me if you add me. yes, there is a spelling difference between my psn and wiiu
#2TheExiled280Posted 3/19/2013 8:13:13 PM
Whats the point if they go bankrupt
---
Currently Playing: Naruto UN Storm 3(PS3), DoA5+(PSV), Persona 4 The Golden(PSV), Growlanser WoT(PSP), Unit 13(PSV) & Persona 4 Arena(PS3)
#3ORANGE666Posted 3/19/2013 8:20:22 PM
Sony charges less for licensing than Microsoft and Nintendo. Meaning they make less money on each third party game sales. Which is why despite the PS2 having a large library and and 5x the install base of the Gamecube, Nintendo made significantly more money than Sony on their console.

An issue I have with the Vita in particular is the small carts. Sony probably charges publishers around $3 per cart because of the cost to make them. The 3DS carts are much bigger, meaning cheaper to produce. Sony should have made the carts larger, and compromised something on the Vita to fit the cart in. That few dollars extra adds to a lot, that makes no one happy.
#4kamikaze135Posted 3/19/2013 8:20:49 PM
Yeah, but there isn't enough software to make that much of a profit. Having enough software is the reason it got a price cut in JP.
---
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time -Tyler Durden
#5kingofall214Posted 3/19/2013 8:21:40 PM
Do you know how much it costs Sony to make the vita? Do you know how big the research and development bill is? Do you know what there sales projections are in each country? Do you know what countries are meeting expectations and which one are not? Do you know what Sony's plan for the vita is for the next 5 years is? Do you know the status of every 3rd party developers game is and how much longer before each game is out? Do you have any idea of how inflation in certain countries may hurt or benefit the vita?

Do you have the answer to all those questions? No. Only the top brass of Sony has that data and any other data required to determine what exactly to do with the vita.

Not a soul on this board has this information. Stop with the armchair analysis. They are getting old. Any topic about what to do with the vita is pointless. The information just isn't there to have a good conversation about this.
---
http://psnprofiles.com/kingofall214
#6GeassMasterPosted 3/19/2013 8:25:42 PM
I still believe they need a more solid base of casual appealing games before doing so. I expect a price-drop around the same time FFX, FFX-2, Killzone and Tearaway comes out.
---
Now Playing: FotNS: Ken's Rage 2,Battlefield 3(PC), Atelier Totori+ , Ninja Gaiden Sigma+, Drakengard,Sengoku Basara HD Collection
I Have A Huge Backlog.
#7JobocanPosted 3/19/2013 8:29:43 PM
Yeah because selling the PS3 at a 200-300$ loss wasn't a massive mistake that lost them billions of dollars, right?
---
www.vgcollect.com/jobocan - My Collection