FFX and FFX-2 out this year in japan

#21Mister MoneyPosted 3/21/2013 7:36:47 AM(edited)
BahamutBBob posted...
bh7812 posted...
Quote:Yay! *happy dance*

I wonder if the English version will include dual audio? That would be awesome, if not I'll get the Japanese versions.

@Lord_Vishana

No, you will not. You and the rest of your posse are gonna start supporting English only releases, thank you. I'm getting fed up with you guys saying "dual audio or no buy!" and these companies cave every damn time or worse yet wont release the games at all because you people had to have your precious dual audio. 99 percent of us don't speak Japanese! Why should it be shoved down the throats of those that don't? This is probably why these two games will cost 40 bucks instead of 30, allll cause you had to have precious dual audio. Oh, just so you know this damn dual audio crap jacks up the download sizes of these games which is an inconvenience.

So, you're gonna support the damn English versions, thank you, and encourage these companies to release these RPGs in English, end of story.

This guy is my hero.

It truly bothers me when people hate the English dubs because "they suck" (I.E. the person saying/typing it is obsessed with Japan and is sad that they can't live there for whatever reason.) There are plenty of good English dubs that people don't like simply because they're not the Japanese original. I know some companies do a horrible job (One Piece's first few seasons) but most do a more than passable job from my experience.

I doubt the problem is as serious as he says as far as localization, but he said what I've felt for years, probably better than I could say it. Or more bluntly than I'm willing to.

I personally hate the dubs because the people they hire to dub anime, games etc are 99.9999% crap. The Black Ranger as Kurosaki Ichigo?? Lance Bass as Sephiroth?? Really??? Really??? I've heard fandubs with a better Rukia and Ichigo than the official English Dubs.

Voice acting is a respected profession in Japan. They have schools specialized in training and producing seiyuus. In America, voice acting the is one of, if not the, lowest form of acting here. It's no wonder many people despise English Dubs. I'll support English versions when they actually hire good people to voice roles and it no longer is the **** of the acting industry.
---
Japanese Import System Collection: PSP-3000 (White/Blue, Black/Red, Red/Black, Sky Blue/Marine Blue), PS3 (Scarlet Red), PS Vita (Cosmic Red)
#22XxAzerothxXPosted 3/21/2013 8:05:21 AM
TheExiled280 posted...
2014 Q3 Release date for NA confirmed..... >_<

WHAT?! Seriously? That's absurd.
#23StrikeNinja24Posted 3/21/2013 8:14:25 AM
BahamutBBob posted...
bh7812 posted...
Quote:Yay! *happy dance*

I wonder if the English version will include dual audio? That would be awesome, if not I'll get the Japanese versions.

@Lord_Vishana

No, you will not. You and the rest of your posse are gonna start supporting English only releases, thank you. I'm getting fed up with you guys saying "dual audio or no buy!" and these companies cave every damn time or worse yet wont release the games at all because you people had to have your precious dual audio. 99 percent of us don't speak Japanese! Why should it be shoved down the throats of those that don't? This is probably why these two games will cost 40 bucks instead of 30, allll cause you had to have precious dual audio. Oh, just so you know this damn dual audio crap jacks up the download sizes of these games which is an inconvenience.

So, you're gonna support the damn English versions, thank you, and encourage these companies to release these RPGs in English, end of story.

This guy is my hero.

It truly bothers me when people hate the English dubs because "they suck" (I.E. the person saying/typing it is obsessed with Japan and is sad that they can't live there for whatever reason.) There are plenty of good English dubs that people don't like simply because they're not the Japanese original. I know some companies do a horrible job (One Piece's first few seasons) but most do a more than passable job from my experience.

I doubt the problem is as serious as he says as far as localization, but he said what I've felt for years, probably better than I could say it. Or more bluntly than I'm willing to.

While I agree with the sediments, I think they should just take Namco's approach to it.

Basically telling your fans to piss off and you will like what we give you. Because you will buy it anyway because what the hell else are you going to buy.
---
Xbox & PS3 gametag = StrikeNinja24
And if Strike didn't stroke his own peen, then nobody would. - Super-Pangolin