Disappointed in DOA5+

#1Steve_TeddiePosted 3/20/2013 8:29:23 PM
Boatloads of DLC, which is pretty problematic on its own (and they are trying to get us to buy an old port minus some key features - lobbies anybody?) which with its availability day one could have, and I think, should have been included in purchase price.

What does everyone else think?
#2Spiffy247Posted 3/20/2013 8:31:25 PM
I bought Dimensions for the 3DS after Everyone told me how awesome it would be. Luckily I got it for 30$ at launch. I just didn't like it much.
---
I'm clever, vaguely feminine, a vampire, and I wield Dice. PH33R.
The 3DS and PSVita are both outstanding systems. Wally the Equality Weasel says so.
#3Fallen_LordPosted 3/20/2013 8:33:20 PM
As long as the core game is solid, so what about DLC costumes? They are not necessary to play or enjoy the game. I would agree that they are overpriced but they know the costumes will sell. Developers and publishers make video games for financial gain, not to give you a fun hobby.
#4Steve_Teddie(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2013 8:43:22 PM
As long as the core game is solid, so what about DLC costumes? They are not necessary to play or enjoy the game. I would agree that they are overpriced but they know the costumes will sell. Developers and publishers make video games for financial gain, not to give you a fun hobby.

So, you're defending them purposefully withholding completed game content to make more money? Got it.
#5NnamzPosted 3/20/2013 9:16:16 PM
Steve_Teddie posted...

So, you're defending them purposefully withholding completed game content to make more money? Got it.

So 3+ Costumes for every character without DLC is an incomplete game? Got it.

What is the standard for fighting game costumes? It's always been 2-3 max, and they're giving that to you and more. I understand the whole "But it's on the cart!" argument, but those costumes would have never even been in the game if they couldn't charge extra for them. That was always the working plan when they were coding them.
---
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 4527 - 7250 - 9769 <-- Inbox me your FC.
#6Steve_Teddie(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2013 9:17:53 PM
Steve_Teddie posted...

So 3+ Costumes for every character without DLC is an incomplete game? Got it.

What is the standard for fighting game costumes? It's always been 2-3 max, and they're giving that to you and more. I understand the whole "But it's on the cart!" argument, but those costumes would have never even been in the game if they couldn't charge extra for them. That was always the working plan when they were coding them.

Can you read? Who the hell said the game was incomplete?
#7NnamzPosted 3/20/2013 9:26:15 PM
Steve_Teddie posted...

So what does the extra games content being completed have to do with whether or not they give it out for free? If they couldn't charge extra for them, they would have never included them. They're a business, not a charity.
---
#8Steve_Teddie(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2013 9:32:16 PM
Terrible, mind-numbing logic. They could have made more money making the fighters all DLC too.
#9NnamzPosted 3/20/2013 9:35:26 PM
Steve_Teddie posted...
Terrible, mind-numbing logic. They could have made more money making the fighters all DLC too.

I'm glad you're not in business.
---
#10LockDeltzPosted 3/20/2013 9:40:59 PM(edited)
Nnamz posted...
Steve_Teddie posted...

So what does the extra games content being completed have to do with whether or not they give it out for free? If they couldn't charge extra for them, they would have never included them. They're a business, not a charity.

Charging extra for costumers and other crap that should have been in the game in the first place is ridiculous you know? Part of a business is not just earning profits it's about satisfying consumers, if they are making consumers angry, they are doing something wrong.

Why do you think millions of people were dissatisfied with SimCity 4? Because EA was pissing off consumers with the always online DRM. Of course you are a sheep so you defend these type of business practices, and you are unware of why these video games companies do this in the first place.

If Namco can provide extra stages and extra costumers for free in Tekken, I don't know why Temco couldn't either for DOA5+.
---
"Ha! They locked us up in a house made of candy." Gibari, Baten Kaitos