Aaaaaaaaand the hype train crashes again

#201XeedragonPosted 3/24/2013 9:10:35 AM
kcypher2000 posted...
inuyasha1031 posted...
15: New User (1)
Awarded to users with at least 3 Karma. Can create 5 topics, 50 messages per day. Can delete own messages, close topics.

Who cares either way? This is just something fools point out that can't deal with the topic at hand.

More or less.
---
Definitive list of active trolls on the Vita board(updated): DemonDog, Roturhiri, Stargazer 64, ejay8320, yankee6903, Nightmare637,chuchumyrocket, BossBang
#202CompassPosted 3/24/2013 3:02:02 PM
TranslatorTom posted...
dualkatanafred posted...
PhaseSlaethe posted...
So someone sucked at the game and thinks it is the game's fault.

Cool story bro.

Did you read my post? I'm saying that the game is bad because it is so EASY. Reading comprehension for the win.

Maybe you could try using some of the other "useless skills" instead of only using the best ones and see what happens then?

I pray I'm misunderstanding this guy's point. Let me take a stab:

It's TC's fault the game is too easy because he chooses to use the most powerful skills instead of limiting himself to the sucky ones?

That cannot be the dude's point. Please someone show me the error of my ways.
#203PolarbaggiPosted 3/24/2013 3:06:52 PM
RyuuHou25 posted...
dualkatanafred posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...
*coughs*

PARAGRAPHS

That is all. Did not read.

I did not know kindergarteners visited Gamefaqs.

I know, right, you'd think people older than 5 years old would learn how to not type in one big giant clump of words.

Instead of using spaces so as not to cause peoples eyes to bleed.

Crazy.

I think Ryuu is right. If you are gonna clump a bunch of words together at least indent and have separate paragraphs each expressing a valid point!
---
3DS sells more then Vita, McDonald's sells more then Subway. I don't want inferior hardware just like I don't want type 2 Diabetes!~BoardUser-Heavysack
#204XeedragonPosted 3/24/2013 3:12:17 PM
Polarbaggi posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...
dualkatanafred posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...
*coughs*

PARAGRAPHS

That is all. Did not read.

I did not know kindergarteners visited Gamefaqs.

I know, right, you'd think people older than 5 years old would learn how to not type in one big giant clump of words.

Instead of using spaces so as not to cause peoples eyes to bleed.

Crazy.

I think Ryuu is right. If you are gonna clump a bunch of words together at least indent and have separate paragraphs each expressing a valid point!

And here we have another specimen from the Bronx Zoo's monkey cage. Be sure to thank them for loaning it to us.
---
Definitive list of active trolls on the Vita board(updated): DemonDog, Roturhiri, Stargazer 64, ejay8320, yankee6903, Nightmare637,chuchumyrocket, BossBang
#205PlayaMadeTxn05Posted 3/24/2013 6:52:18 PM
bad3ip420 posted...
Also tried SS on a friend's vita. The game is so broken in many ways, there are a lot of cheap spammable spells that will bring down even the toughest of bosses. There's no thrill factor at all; Unlike when you first saw a random Jinouga in MH3 and you end up running for your life. This game feels like FFXIII where you just mash one button and see kewl gfx.

Overall: 5/10. An OK but passable game. There are a lot of nice concepts but the developers messed up . Any potential it had were flushed down the drain and what is left is just your mediocre monster slaying game.

Inafune tried to bring back the vita to life but it looks like a futile effort. My only hope now is PSO2 and hopefully a bioshock vita. If the fanboys here don't believe us just wait and buy the R1 and prepare to be disappointed.

You got all that from just trying SS on your friends Vita? How long did you play it to gather all that info? Or is the game that short in between boss fights?
---
http://www.youtube.com/greeneagemedia
Check me out!
#206XeedragonPosted 3/24/2013 6:53:46 PM
PlayaMadeTxn05 posted...
bad3ip420 posted...
Also tried SS on a friend's vita. The game is so broken in many ways, there are a lot of cheap spammable spells that will bring down even the toughest of bosses. There's no thrill factor at all; Unlike when you first saw a random Jinouga in MH3 and you end up running for your life. This game feels like FFXIII where you just mash one button and see kewl gfx.

Overall: 5/10. An OK but passable game. There are a lot of nice concepts but the developers messed up . Any potential it had were flushed down the drain and what is left is just your mediocre monster slaying game.

Inafune tried to bring back the vita to life but it looks like a futile effort. My only hope now is PSO2 and hopefully a bioshock vita. If the fanboys here don't believe us just wait and buy the R1 and prepare to be disappointed.

You got all that from just trying SS on your friends Vita? How long did you play it to gather all that info? Or is the game that short in between boss fights?

I imported it, and sadly, it's that short.
---
Vita Board Troll List(updated): DemonDog, Roturhiri, Stargazer 64, ejay8320, yankee6903, Nightmare637,chuchumyrocket, BossBang, Angemon_23, thinkingofwar
#207thinkingofwarPosted 3/24/2013 7:01:46 PM
Without creating my own skepticism topic and without commenting on the TC's structure, I'm starting to have reasonable doubt about the game myself. Difficulty and challenge are important to me, personally, and the numerous topics made about cheese in SS has me a little disillusioned.

Atmosphere goes a long way, but...
---
If you enjoy RPGs, please consider purchasing Trails in the Sky for your PSP/Vita on PSN and supporting XSeed's translation efforts on this massive undertaking.
#208XeedragonPosted 3/24/2013 7:09:01 PM
thinkingofwar posted...
Without creating my own skepticism topic and without commenting on the TC's structure, I'm starting to have reasonable doubt about the game myself. Difficulty and challenge are important to me, personally, and the numerous topics made about cheese in SS has me a little disillusioned.

Atmosphere goes a long way, but...

The best analogy I can draw about what Soul Sacrifice does wrong is this:
Gravity Rush's atmosphere is, perhaps, the best aspect of the game, perhaps of any game.
This means that the combat itself does not have to have dozens of strings of combos. In Soul Sacrifice, however, combat is the main aspect of the game, and it is ridiculously easy, to the point where I am confused as to how the same guy who made Senator Armstrong for Metal Gear Rising Reveangence could create such an easy game.
---
Vita Board Troll List(updated): DemonDog, Roturhiri, Stargazer 64, ejay8320, yankee6903, Nightmare637,chuchumyrocket, BossBang, Angemon_23, thinkingofwar