Good RPGs after P4G?

#1Sniper4hire8209Posted 3/22/2013 4:39:46 PM
P4G was my first JRPG and I loved it. I didn't feel like I needed to play the others to understand the characters. It has become one of my favorite games ever. Any other games like this that have a good story and that I don't need to play the others (If there is others) to enjoy?

FYI, I don't really want MH and I'm buying Gods Eater Burst.
---
PSN - TheAmazingNapkin
"We all make choices, but in the end our choices make us." Andrew Ryan
#2JongJungBuPosted 3/22/2013 4:42:44 PM(edited)
Persona 3 Portable (PSP) is very similar in gameplay (in some cases identical, for obvious reasons) to P4G. So if you like P4G you will probably enjoy P3P a lot. Also, on the NA PSN it is currently on sale still I believe for $9.99 (along with the other Persona games).
---
PSN: Jongjungbu
#3TheExiled280Posted 3/22/2013 4:41:56 PM
Magical Moe Alchemist Girl RPG Plus

Seriously though I recommended these:

Growlanser Wafer of Time
Legend of the Heroes Trails in Sky

God Eater Burst is a good choice
---
Currently Playing: Naruto UN Storm 3(PS3), DoA5+(PSV), Persona 4 The Golden(PSV), Atelier Totori Plus(PSV), Unit 13(PSV) & Persona 4 Arena(PS3)
#4Sniper4hire8209(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2013 4:43:47 PM
Yeah, I've seen gameplay of GEB and it looks awesome.
---
PSN - TheAmazingNapkin
#5MinatoArisatoP3Posted 3/22/2013 4:47:13 PM
Persona 3 Portable
---
Add me! PSN: TheLimit32 4everrr Playing: P3: FES, P4 Golden, and P4: Arena {Mains: Mitsuru <3 and Akihiko}
Mitsuru <3 http://i.imgur.com/5MMPUql.jpg
#6kamikaze135Posted 3/22/2013 4:47:34 PM
Persona 3
Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection
---
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time -Tyler Durden
#7Sniper4hire8209(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2013 4:49:02 PM
Okay, P3 being an obvious choice. Anything else besides Persona and has a story I can pick up on without buying previous entries?
---
PSN - TheAmazingNapkin
#8RotuhiiriPosted 3/22/2013 4:49:31 PM
If you haven't played a single RPG I think you should give Final Fantasy IX a shot. It's the PS1 game in the series that has aged the best. Final Fantasy VII isn't a bad choice either but it looks like ass nowadays.

If you're up for reading then Xenogears has a strong story but it does feature hours and hours of just reading and clicking X to see the next text.

Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky is one of the best original RPGs for the PSP. Likeable characters and a lot to do and explore. Lunar: Silver Star Story is also great.
---
JRPG fans, support our struggle: http://chn.ge/SsowWy
Join our cause: https://www.facebook.com/OperationDemonBane
#9JongJungBuPosted 3/22/2013 4:51:34 PM
Ok, Hexyz Force and Ys Seven. Turn-based and action RPG respectively that don't require you to have played any other game. You could substitute Ys Oath in Felghana for Ys Seven, different parties feel it is the better game.
---
PSN: Jongjungbu
#10Sniper4hire8209(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2013 5:02:04 PM
Okay, so far my list is P3, Ys Seven (Looks better than Oath and way more fun), and FF IX. None of these games have a story which I can't get into without playing previous titles, right?
---
PSN - TheAmazingNapkin