im noticing a screen issue with ps vita now

#1Retroxgamer0Posted 3/23/2013 11:45:26 PM
i have a launch vita and i just started noticing this issue. if im sitting in the dark, on black screens during loading, i am noticing slight screen damage. almost looks like water damage on the screen. it isnt noticable when its light in the room at all, and i dont have any dead pixels. its only noticable in the dark on black screens. a good way to check would be to run metal gear solid 2 and simply switch zones, im noticing it after riding an elevator during the brief load afterwards. is this normal for launch ps vitas?
#2Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 11:46:43 PM
http://psvitaforum.com/threads/black-spots-on-dark-screen.3399/

im finding people with similar issues it seems like it could be very common...if you have metal gear solid 2 then transition between zones in a dark room and tell me if you see them.
#3Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 11:49:49 PM
you have to look pretty close to see them you might even think you have a perfect screen at first i literally can only see them in the dark with the vita inches away from my face looking carefully, but when you see them, youll see theyre huge and very noticable upclose, almost like a giant blemish, like massive water damage...i urge you to go check it out =p
#4Guerrilla SoldierPosted 3/23/2013 11:51:01 PM
Why's it an issue if it never gets worse?
---
CainExodus - Oakland A's fan: 2012 AL West Champions
Keep the A's in Oakland!
#5HoIlywoodPosted 3/23/2013 11:51:03 PM
Everyone has it, you can see it in the light when you turn off and then turn on your Vita
---
PSN: Ahkiva
#6Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 11:54:22 PM(edited)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=21459833

A little off topic but earlier I was looking for PSVita reviews and I stumbled upon a screen issue discussion which showed a few similar issues we are facing on the G-Note and other OLED devices such as the Galaxy S2 and including the N9. Issues such as lines,discoloration,blobs,viewing angles and ect ect.. and it opened a new insight to me.. anyone who started with a perfect OLED screen ( in my case the Galaxy Wave and Galaxy S1 ) will have a hard time accepting these defects on the other hand those who already started with OLED screen a long time ago will find that the current issues are not as severe as before. These issues are dubbed as 'mura'.
#7j2zon2591Posted 3/23/2013 11:55:49 PM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
i have a launch vita and i just started noticing this issue. if im sitting in the dark, on black screens during loading, i am noticing slight screen damage. almost looks like water damage on the screen. it isnt noticable when its light in the room at all, and i dont have any dead pixels. its only noticable in the dark on black screens. a good way to check would be to run metal gear solid 2 and simply switch zones, im noticing it after riding an elevator during the brief load afterwards. is this normal for launch ps vitas?

It's NORMAL.. everyone has them to a degree.. some are lucky their units barely have them and some aren't with big splotches in the middle.

It's an OLED issue.

It can get annoying with very dark content.
#8Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2013 12:00:50 AM
j2zon2591 posted...
Retroxgamer0 posted...

It's NORMAL.. everyone has them to a degree.. some are lucky their units barely have them and some aren't with big splotches in the middle.

It's an OLED issue.

It can get annoying with very dark content.

well its actually pretty noticable in a dark room especially if you know theyre there and where they are already, so yeah it is an issue if you like to game with the lights off...i never noticed this until ps vita.
#9co1onelPosted 3/24/2013 12:06:51 AM(edited)
Its called the mura effect and its a problem that has been known since release.
---
PSN: Co1onel-225
#10Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2013 12:11:11 AM(edited)
OK you say common but my 3DS XL screen is perfect, not a single blemish in the pitch dark no matter how close i look, and my TV doesnt have them either. Ive never even heard of this issue until now. Only other screen issue ive ever had were the dead pixels on PSP, those were a big issue as well..this is a big problem with Sony handhelds apparently. i noticed these without anyone telling me about it, i didnt know it was known already =0