im noticing a screen issue with ps vita now

#11thedicemasterPosted 3/24/2013 12:14:33 AM
they are common for OLED screens.
your TV and 3DS aren't OLED.
#12Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2013 12:16:02 AM
okay thats reasonable, but what about the PSP? im not falling for the same trick twice, they have problems making a screen without graphical defects. the psp screen isnt oled and it had dead pixels all over it.. i had to return 3 models at launch cause of it.
#13Evil_GogetaPosted 3/24/2013 12:21:18 AM
Yeah I`ve always had it, with my original and with my Soul Sacrifice Premium Vita, both have it in different ways!
I just play my games as I never see it during game unless its a pitch black Now Loading screen!
---
PSN/Wii U: GuiltyPersona Official Foreign JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken #1 Fan
Playing: (Vita) Soul Sacrifice, One Piece: Kaizoku Musou 2 and PSO2.
#14j2zon2591Posted 3/24/2013 12:24:20 AM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
OK you say common but my 3DS XL screen is perfect, not a single blemish in the pitch dark no matter how close i look, and my TV doesnt have them either. Ive never even heard of this issue until now. Only other screen issue ive ever had were the dead pixels on PSP, those were a big issue as well..this is a big problem with Sony handhelds apparently. i noticed these without anyone telling me about it, i didnt know it was known already =0

It's an OLED issue.. 3DS ain't OLED.

You have no idea.. since the VITA, I've started to hate OLED.. Sony/Samsung cheaped out on the VITA screen (there's that Ingis Admpot tech for removing mura).

I OLED gets out of it's issues asap.. (I'm sure OLED tech will improve).

Today, it's still LCD for me. Plus, power efficiency doesn't seem to be that much better with OLEDs if you're not display dark colors/black.

I'm glad a lot of people love the oversaturated screen with black clipping. I prefer the industry standards.
#15NerdstickPosted 3/24/2013 1:59:53 AM
IPS ftw?
#16j2zon2591Posted 3/24/2013 3:11:02 AM
Nerdstick posted...
IPS ftw?

Yes IMO.

I don't buy into that contrast ratio bullcrap.. real experts know (considering typical ambient lighting)

You know what? I'll take a decent TN panel ANY day as long as the whites are more accurate.

(Had 5 VITAs only 1 has about neutral whites.. the rest have yellow/green tint).

But w/e.. If I were rich enough I'd buy several other tablets and "forgive" the VITA's screen.. that way I'm distracted for being so OCD about it LOL.
#17zxelmanPosted 3/24/2013 5:39:49 AM
Nerdstick posted...
IPS ftw?

Yes IMO.

I don't buy into that contrast ratio bullcrap.. real experts know (considering typical ambient lighting)

You know what? I'll take a decent TN panel ANY day as long as the whites are more accurate.

(Had 5 VITAs only 1 has about neutral whites.. the rest have yellow/green tint).

But w/e.. If I were rich enough I'd buy several other tablets and "forgive" the VITA's screen.. that way I'm distracted for being so OCD about it LOL.

So, how would I find out if my Vita's whites have a tint to them? I've never really noticed it.
---
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/Xelorx.png
You don't want to be famous for your trophies. Hakoom is an example of this.
#18alexg1989Posted 3/24/2013 9:49:18 AM(edited)
Godf-ing dammit... how many more of these topics will people make?

Its normal!

Its talked about in the PS Vita manual!

EVERY PS VITA HAS THIS ISSUE! And NOT JUST PS VITA, ANY DEVICE THAT HAS THIS TYPE OF SCREEN WILL HAVE THESE DARK BLOTCHES...

Mine has dark blotches ALL AROUND THE SCREEN and they're very noticeable in a dark room/dark screen but not at all while playing...
---
Gamertag: psvitagamer89
Read my blog: http://www.artisticexpression.wordpress.com
#19Spiffy247Posted 3/24/2013 9:41:14 AM
alexg1989 posted...
Godf-ing dammit... how many more of these topics will people make?

Its normal!

Its talked about in the PS Vita manual!

EVERY PS VITA HAS THIS ISSUE!

Mine has dark blotches ALL AROUND THE SCREEN and they're very noticeable in a dark room/dark screen but not at all while playing...

I don't think my Vita has that.
---
I'm clever, vaguely feminine, a vampire, and I wield Dice. PH33R.
The 3DS and PSVita are both outstanding systems. Wally the Equality Weasel says so.
#20InfernalLurkerPosted 3/24/2013 10:37:46 AM
I used to think that my vita didn't have it when I got it brand new. I checked in every possible situation to see it, it didn't have it.

A year later while playing a game I noticed it clear as day without even looking for it.

I think the mura effect doesn't occur until after screen usage. So if you have a new system, you might not have it, and that it appears down the road. Oh well, oled, what can you do?
---
Leveling up jobs is a means to an end. It isn't content.