Question about importing / swapping to a different Vita model

#1Retroxgamer0Posted 3/24/2013 1:02:52 AM(edited)
lets say i import a japanese vita, and im using an american one now, and i want to put my memory card and all of my american psn games onto that vita.

would i have to buy another memory card, or can i deactivate the american psn vita, put the memory card in the japanese one and be cool using the american PSN store and games / saves?

furthermore, would i need to use a japanese memory card, or is it as simple as get new vita, deactivate this one, put memory card in and im good?

thanks.
#2NerdstickPosted 3/24/2013 1:54:43 AM(edited)
It's as simple as popping it in and logging in, although the X/O buttons might be reversed on a Japanese model. They aren't region locked. Nor are memory cards.
#3Ergot_CholeraPosted 3/24/2013 3:02:42 AM
Nerdstick posted...
It's as simple as popping it in and logging in, although the X/O buttons might be reversed on a Japanese model. They aren't region locked. Nor are memory cards.

This is a common misconception. The X/O buttons on the console are not reversed (unless you set the language to Japanese), it is just within the games. I have a Japanese Vita and my non-Japanese games use X for select and O for cancel/back.