I have no idea how Sony is going to be able to compete with this.....

#21MaximusPadicusPosted 3/25/2013 4:21:35 AM
I own an Ipad Mini. (which is awesome btw)
So, im gonna play this game either way.

BUT, it would've been far better if I could play this game on my Vita which fits securely in my back pocket whereas my Mini does not. For those of you who are not familiar, this is an incredible and awesome game. Just like Baldur's Gate, Magic 2013, Bastion, and all of the other A listers that showed up on the iOS devices and skipped right over the Vita brand.

......yes, Sony is going to have to greatly pick up the pace if it wants to remain relevant.
We are getting, Walking Dead soon. And, that's a good start. This is one of the best games in the apple app store hands down. All Sony has to do is follow suit and pay whatever is necessary to retain the rights to have these games on the Vita and boom the system revives and lives on for another 10 years as they originally projected.

Also, the vita would be even better if it had more APPS. As in productivity type apps. This is 2013, people do more than just play games all day long. The fact that there isnt a proper note taking app or calendar app with a to-do list is a tragedy considering my lowly phone has this stuff. Hell, even the 3DS can take notes!

And, no im not talking about that juvenile handicapped, color with my fingers, 5 loading screens before it even starts, app Paint Park either. I swear that app just makes me plain angry not being able to type or insert text in it!
---
"In the land of the one-eyed, the man with TWO eyes is King."
Maximus Padicus
#22protect_badgersPosted 3/25/2013 4:25:50 AM
MaximusPadicus posted...
I own an Ipad Mini. (which is awesome btw)
So, im gonna play this game either way.

BUT, it would've been far better if I could play this game on my Vita which fits securely in my back pocket whereas my Mini does not.

Oh, I bet XCOM never thought of that.

Maybe, just maybe, they looked at user base? And then threw away any idea of putting a man's game on 3ds? And then realized, there are so few men left in gaming, so few vitas, we have to go for the hipsters and hope the true men gamers adopt apple products?

Lets be men guys, lets go to iOS and manly the thing up. Buy some skin decals and man up out ipads. Make a vita skin for ipad, then we don't have to give up our look, even if we lose dat screen and dose controls.

I am ready for the reservation.
---
VIP Nintendo Life Reviewer - I am the guy who gives Bit Trip Anything perfect 10's. I'm on metacritic, and you are not. No need to bribe a fanboy.
#23Multiboy2k(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2013 4:31:58 AM
Yes.
Monster Hunter was surely a greatly missed opportunity for sony and the Vita.
You can thank Sony's over confidence in it's brand for that utter fail and oversight.

On topic,
Yes I greatly wish this version of x-com would come to the Vita.
The vita is better suited for the game. Just like Monster Hunter is better suited for the vita.
The Vita needs more deep and immersive games to fully distinguish itself from the psp of old. Right now, the vita is basically functioning as a PSP 4.0 reboot. It needs a killer app badly. This game could've been that.

Soul Sacrifice is allegedly good, but no one has ever heard of it till now.
X-Com is a legacy. A guaranteed win for sure. Sony needs to stop being so cheap. It's hypocritical considering how much they charge their customers for everything and the delusion that seems to have long clouded their judgement of the Vita brand. The machine actually died sometimes last year. And, they are just taking note of this now.

Now, that the Vita is beginning to pick up steam again due to the price cut that should've happened 8 months ago, they need to aggressively take advantage of this new time and opportunity to fully breathe life back into the vita brand.
#24neskyPosted 3/25/2013 5:14:25 AM
Multiboy2k posted...
Yes.
Monster Hunter was surely a greatly missed opportunity for sony and the Vita.
You can thank Sony's over confidence in it's brand for that utter fail and oversight.

On topic,
Yes I greatly wish this version of x-com would come to the Vita.
The vita is better suited for the game. Just like Monster Hunter is better suited for the vita.
The Vita needs more deep and immersive games to fully distinguish itself from the psp of old. Right now, the vita is basically functioning as a PSP 4.0 reboot. It needs a killer app badly. This game could've been that.

Soul Sacrifice is allegedly good, but no one has ever heard of it till now.
X-Com is a legacy. A guaranteed win for sure. Sony needs to stop being so cheap. It's hypocritical considering how much they charge their customers for everything and the delusion that seems to have long clouded their judgement of the Vita brand. The machine actually died sometimes last year. And, they are just taking note of this now.

Now, that the Vita is beginning to pick up steam again due to the price cut that should've happened 8 months ago, they need to aggressively take advantage of this new time and opportunity to fully breathe life back into the vita brand.

Not sure if you're serious about that legacy bit... I've honestly never heard of the game before now. Doesn't look like I'm missing much either~
---
i7 930 @ 4.05 | 12GB 2000MHz Dominator GT | Evga GTX 480 SLI @ 850/2000 | Win 7 Pro - Intel X25-M MLC SSD Raid 0 | Corsair 1200AX | Dual Loop LCS | Corsair 800D
#25Last VampirePosted 3/25/2013 5:36:47 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]