Is there any reason Why the Vita has propitiatory memory?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Is there any reason Why the Vita has propitiatory memory?
2 years ago#1
I still dont know why Sony has repeated their mistake again , Sony shot themselves sin the foot with Pro Duo on the PSP , it was only later during the systems life where it was becoming affordable i remember 1gig's going for &70 and up plus tax during release and after.

Honestly if the Vita wasn't solely restricted to to just Sony' s propitiatory memory it will encourage more people to buy it knowing they have the freedom to use a memory card they already have or can afford., i know i personally would love a Vita 2.0 or Vita Slim with SD card capabilities
2 years ago#2
Corporate greed.
---
Reading: A Storm of Swords - George R. R. Martin
http://i.imgur.com/AUbFA.jpg http://i.imgur.com/nYklT.jpg
2 years ago#3
Anti-Piracy
---
Currently Playing: Naruto UN Storm 3(PS3), DoA5+(PSV), Persona 4 The Golden(PSV), Atelier Totori Plus(PSV), Unit 13(PSV) & Persona 4 Arena(PS3)
2 years ago#4
TheExiled280 posted...
Anti-Piracy
2 years ago#5
So Sony can protect us from our paid content of course:)
---
Now Playing: Ni No Kuni post-game, Pushmo, Castlevania: MoF
2 years ago#6
GameNext posted...
TheExiled280 posted...
Anti-Piracy

---
--> [ este914 ] <--
The One & Only !
2 years ago#7
TheExiled280 posted...
Anti-Piracy

Thats kinda funny , piracy actually helped increase PSP hardware sales.we'll see how this plays out.
2 years ago#8
PeteZaHutx posted...
TheExiled280 posted...
Anti-Piracy

Thats kinda funny , piracy actually helped increase PSP hardware sales.we'll see how this plays out.

Irrelevant. What's the point of hardware sales if software (games) are ****?
---
Currently Playing: Naruto UN Storm 3(PS3), DoA5+(PSV), Persona 4 The Golden(PSV), Atelier Totori Plus(PSV), Unit 13(PSV) & Persona 4 Arena(PS3)
2 years ago#9
AceAndJunpei posted...
So Sony can protect us from our paid content of course:)

This makes no sense, the memory card being proprietary doesn't prevent you from playing your games.
---
Playing: Resident Evil 6 (PS3), Ni no Kuni (PS3), Ragnarok Odyssey (PSV), MGS: Portable Ops (PSP)
2 years ago#10
Let me combine the first two responses. It's corporate greed, using anti-piracy as an excuse to inflate the price for higher profit.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Is there any reason Why the Vita has propitiatory memory?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived