about to purchase a vita so why do you think this is a good choice?

#1paiprPosted 3/27/2013 7:11:25 AM
With the way ps4 is looking to connect to vita I've weighed my options and decided to get a bit to prepare for Sony's next console. My question to y'all is why is owning one now a good move? Also what are the pros for having a vita in its own right? And lastly what should I consider purchasing (games/accessories/etc.) to go with my vita?
---
cant decide which movie is the worst movie; dragon ball z evolution, m.nights last air bender, or twilight????? hmmm
#2EseenuzPosted 3/27/2013 7:51:23 AM(edited)
I got a Vita because I had the extra loot, and I really wanted a handheld (I'm on the move alot) & the dual analog sticks plus decent sized screen really made it the only awesome handheld out there.

For me, Vita blows every other handheld on the market out of the freakin water it's not even close heh.

When I heard that Konami was treating MGS HD sales for Vita as an experiment (to determine whether or not they would produce more games for Vita, or atleast port 'em)
I knew that if I wanted there to be more games for the thing, showing my support was essential.

Then I read that Wipeout HD (yes the PS3 version) was on Vita... that's what made me go out and buy one. Now I have Metal gear 1,2,3, Peace Walker, Ninja Gaiden 1 & 2, UMvC3, PSABR, DWnext, LBP, SuperStardustHD, Wipeout 2048, Uncharted Golden Abyss, Persona 4, Gravity Rush,PS1 classics, Sonic racing transformed,Touch my Katamari, Resistance, Disgaea 3 (which I just downloaded for free off PS plus) etc...(I could go on and on)

I've actually maxed out my 32 gig limit about 4 times over.

Vita has Skype, online voice chat, drawing apps, web browser...etc,
As for upcoming games, DOA5 plus just came out so did WRC 3.... Soul Sacrifice is coming out in about a month or so (I am excite!) Dragon's Crown this summer... Killzone Mercenary in September (which looks like it'll be the DEFINITIVE FPS on any handheld ever)

There's definitely no shortage of quality titles, If any of this interests you even slightly, and you have the resources and will to make it happen... why not?

If you're gonna get a Vita, I'd suggest getting an external battery pack for it. I can play for up to 34 hours straight, without skipping a beat, If I really wanted to. Get Screen protectors and whatever case you prefer ( I use a modified Nerf case) and don't forget about the memory cards... I got a 32 gig and it's still not enough.

I'm having a real blast with my Vita I must say... definitely been switching alot more between my PS3 and Vita lately. Good luck bro.
#3krizz07Posted 3/27/2013 7:47:05 AM
pretty much what the above guy said. this answer should be quoted to everyone who's in the fence on getting a vita lol.
#4gumbyxcore99Posted 3/27/2013 7:58:47 AM
look at the selection of games and see if there is enough content to warrant a purchase.

nobody can deny that the hardware is extremely impressive. but none of that matters if there is nothing you want to play on it
---
iller than phil schiller