The Vita could EASILY make a come back.

#1ADHDguitarPosted 3/28/2013 8:00:28 PM
I think the 3DS and Vita have proved a few things.

1) People won't buy a handheld (gaming) device for over $200.

2) You have to have some killer apps.

So the Vita, if they can knock the price down to $200, and release just a couple KILLER titles, could totally make a come back.

Not sure what games would really push it though. The 3DS got Mario Kart and 3D Land, and I'm trying to think what Sony could pull to get that kind of momentum going. To be honest, I'm not really sure.

However, the Vita's library is still pretty good, so maybe if they timed the release of a portable Gran Turismo or another Uncharted, it could help get the ball rolling.

I really want to see the Vita succeed. The only reason I don't have one yet is there's really only 3 games pushing me to get one (Gravity Rush, Uncharted, Persona 4), and more importantly, the price of memory cards. (Hopefully they can fix that.)

Thoughts?
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#2DalekZeroPosted 3/28/2013 8:07:41 PM
I think it will be like the psp in the long run. A smaller, but still dedicated community. Also, if more games were localized that would be great.
---
PSN: Dalek-Zero-
"This poo is not worthy of my diaper! But it might make a good coaster for my drink!"
#3kamikaze135Posted 3/28/2013 8:11:56 PM
I don't think price even matters, to be honest. The Vita just lacks software, internal memory - or at least including a decent sized memory card -, and advertisement. If there were enough games and enough non-gaming apps on the Vita and if it were bundled with at least an 8GB memory card, I bet it would sell a lot better. Well...that and if Sony were to actually remind people that the Vita exists.
---
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time -Tyler Durden
#4TheExiled280Posted 3/28/2013 8:14:53 PM
DalekZero posted...
I think it will be like the psp in the long run. A smaller, but still dedicated community. Also, if more games were localized that would be great.

^that
---
Currently Playing: Naruto UN Storm 3(PS3), DoA5+(PSV), Persona 4 The Golden(PSV), Atelier Totori Plus(PSV), Unit 13(PSV) & Persona 4 Arena(PS3)
#5j2zon2591Posted 3/28/2013 8:25:10 PM
ADHDguitar posted...
I think the 3DS and Vita have proved a few things.

1) People won't buy a handheld (gaming) device for over $200.

2) You have to have some killer apps.

So the Vita, if they can knock the price down to $200, and release just a couple KILLER titles, could totally make a come back.

Not sure what games would really push it though. The 3DS got Mario Kart and 3D Land, and I'm trying to think what Sony could pull to get that kind of momentum going. To be honest, I'm not really sure.

However, the Vita's library is still pretty good, so maybe if they timed the release of a portable Gran Turismo or another Uncharted, it could help get the ball rolling.

I really want to see the Vita succeed. The only reason I don't have one yet is there's really only 3 games pushing me to get one (Gravity Rush, Uncharted, Persona 4), and more importantly, the price of memory cards. (Hopefully they can fix that.)

Thoughts?

1 year + now.. Doesn't seem that EASY for Sony. :P

I do agree on an exclusive GT though. It needs to be really really good.

I think it's too close to console development cost that devs would just be tempted to develop for home consoles with larger install base.. else it's just gonna be a castrated experience that both pro critics and users will just sneer at.

Pretty risky hence I don't thin it's an easy decision (goes back to my 1st para).
#6Natureboy99Posted 3/28/2013 9:50:50 PM
Vita is doing fine. Its getting over 100 games this year. Sales are good, and will go up with price cut. I think the ps4 remote play is a bigger system selling feature than people give it credit for. I also think Gran Turismo 6 has a chance at being a cross buy title, E3 reveal, And would sell tons of Vitas. Its getting lots of big exclusives, and way more ps360 ports than any other platform. Vita fans can start feeling bullish at this point.
---
Voted class of 2079 most likely to abuse time travel
#7PeteZaHutxPosted 3/28/2013 10:01:37 PM
I wouldnt say Easily ,Sony needs to revamp thier game with Vita entirely if they want it to compete with the 3DS.If this was the PS2 era were 3rd parties focused on Sony systems im pretty sure the Vita would get much better games , too bad that era is long gone.
#8mmarksterPosted 3/28/2013 10:06:59 PM
make.believe
---
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 1032 - 1243 - 4711 Name/NNID/XBLGT/PSNID: mmarkster
Kingdom Hearts with Nintendo Universe = win!
#9RjmhartPosted 3/29/2013 1:58:33 AM
I don't have a Vita yet either, but I think the library is good enough. Dragon's Crown, Silent Hill, Dungeon Hunter, Soul Sacrifice, P4, Y's, Ragnarock, Muramasa, Gravity Rush, Valhalla Knights. Granted, its based on my personal preference, but all of those games look interesting to me, and I haven't mentioned the "blockbuster" Uncharted.

My problem is the packaging of the product. The $299 package with Unit 13 DD and 1 year ps+ only comes with a 4gb, essentially forcing the person to spend extra on the memory card. Take back the DD and package 1 year PS+ with a larger memory card, or vice versa. The $250 bundles don't come with games that I am personally interested in. They could package Vita and an 8gb with no game for $199, and then I'll spend the extra $40 on the game I want. I'm still spending almost the same amount, and as a consumer I am spending a little over my comfort price, which is where Marketing tries to do when pricing a product.
---
Psn: big_bob002
#10halfelven23Posted 3/29/2013 2:12:08 AM
the target audience for vita and 3ds are different though
and vita will never top 3ds overall, japan loves their nintendo handheld