Will the PlayStation Vita ever be able to sell as many units as the PSP did?

#1SolnotPosted 3/29/2013 1:03:49 PM
Will the PlayStation Vita ever be able to sell as many units as the PSP did? - Results (57 votes)
Yes, the Vita will probably sell more than the PSP during its lifetime
43.86% (25 votes)
No, the Vita will probably not sell more than the PSP during its lifetime
56.14% (32 votes)
This poll is now closed.
How successful do you guys think the Vita will be when compared to the PSP?
#2GameNextPosted 3/29/2013 1:08:29 PM
If Sony manages to turn it around then yes.
#3XeedragonPosted 3/29/2013 1:08:31 PM
Solnot posted...
How successful do you guys think the Vita will be when compared to the PSP?

Please tell me you're kidding. The PSP had Monster Hunter. The real question should be "Exponentially, how much less will the Vita sell than the PSP?"
#4PeteZaHutxPosted 3/29/2013 1:11:46 PM
wasnt there talk about how PSP was the last handheld where western devs would put thier focus on?
#5mike_411Posted 3/29/2013 1:21:09 PM
Isn't the psp still selling?
---
Hardcore Naoto fan.
"I'd rather kill that monkey than have sex with that dog." -Paul Ryckert
#6PangLaPosted 3/29/2013 1:46:25 PM
Those were a different time. When the PSP was release, they were no iPhones, iPod Touch, smartphones and tablets. A lot of people bought the PSP to listen to music, watch movies and browse the Internet.
#7NnamzPosted 3/29/2013 2:37:59 PM
PangLa posted...
Those were a different time. When the PSP was release, they were no iPhones, iPod Touch, smartphones and tablets. A lot of people bought the PSP to listen to music, watch movies and browse the Internet.

Exactly. The market, especially the western market, has changed. None of the 6th graders I teach ever have dedicated portables on them. It's all tablets and smartphones. And they only seem to talk about tablet and smartphone games.

I'm sure Vita's attach rate for software will be much higher than PSP's, but it won't ever come anywhere close to the 75 million+ units PSP has sold.
---
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 4527 - 7250 - 9769 <-- Inbox me your FC.
#8PeteZaHutxPosted 3/29/2013 2:49:02 PM
bookmark this topic ,the Vita wont reach the PSP sales even in its prime , as explained by the previous posters.
#9NovaCastPosted 3/29/2013 2:50:03 PM
PangLa posted...

As if browsing the web was really even manageable on the psp's POS browser. Even with the home brew browser app it was still crap and useless browsing the web.
---