What do you think is going through Sony's head concerning the Vita ?

#1BruceLee1974Posted 3/30/2013 8:19:07 AM
I just keep looking at the European Release list for Vita and it really is pretty bad. So I'm wondering does Sony even care about Europe or only really worried about Japan and the USA ?

Because if I were a big company that released a new console and seen it doing poorly surely, you would have to look at the games for each region and see there maybe arn't many games for this p[lace. So we either have to pay some devs to make some games or make them ourselves.

Surely Sony sees this, but to me it's either they don't care about Europe or not willing to fork out money to other developers to make games for Europe.
#2thinkingofwarPosted 3/30/2013 8:20:59 AM
Sony "...YOLO!"
---
If you enjoy RPGs, please consider purchasing Trails in the Sky for your PSP/Vita on PSN and supporting XSeed's translation efforts on this massive undertaking.
#3GameNextPosted 3/30/2013 8:23:24 AM
"Hmmm... this banana... or this orange..."
---
Currently Playing: Disgaea 3 (PSV), Persona 4 GOLDEN (PSV), LittleBigplanet (PSV), Persona 3 (PSP), Patapon 123 (PSP) and random PSP games
PSN: michael903
#4stargazer64Posted 3/30/2013 8:26:34 AM
No clue. I imagine they thought the third party support would arrive and save their asses, but that is either another year away from happening or it's not going to happen at all.
---
This is superfrog HD! it's in HD dammit! - mike_411
#5TheExiled280Posted 3/30/2013 8:28:16 AM
Sony isn't just some single entity

And you can't just make a game in a day. It probably takes at least 6-8 months to make something decent depending on what type of game. Lets also not forget they have a new home console coming out soonish. They probably want to prevent PS4 from being like Wii U.

Sony probably was expecting more 3rd party support. At least the system hasn't been hacked yet.
---
Currently Playing: Naruto UN Storm 3(PS3), DoA5+(PSV), Persona 4 The Golden(PSV), Atelier Totori Plus(PSV), Unit 13(PSV) & Persona 4 Arena(PS3)
#6OtakuGameraPosted 3/30/2013 8:41:59 AM
EU has always been late at getting games, it's the localization and publisher's problem, not sony. even 3ds games comes late in EU
---
PSVita no games? http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/64767381
http://www.atlus.com/res/p4g_faithful_reviews_1.jpg
#7RjmhartPosted 3/30/2013 8:56:09 AM
I'm in the USA and I assure you we are not getting everything either. Not sure how it compares to Europe though.

I really don't understand what they are doing either. They dropped the price in Japan and saw a descent increase in sales, so why not try that elsewhere?

The 3ds can be bought as just a console, and then the consumer can buy a game separate. Sony offers just the wifi, but it's the same price as the bundles that include a game? $250 is a reasonable price given you are getting the best handheld on the market, but the games that package with it are awful.
---
Psn: big_bob002
#8XeedragonPosted 3/30/2013 9:18:51 AM
Given what we've heard of so far, it's going something like this:
Sony Board member: You know guys, maybe the Vita could sell out of Japan if we actually advertised and released games for it, and who the hell is going to buy a glorified Gamepad for $250? We can't just save all the goodies for Japan, like the UMD ambassador program, Soul Sacrifice bundle, so on and so forth, we need to focus on our-

Board Member 2: Ah-ha-a-hahahahah. You've got to be kidding me, Jim. The only market the Vita is doing even moderately terrible in is Japan. You're telling us that we should divert resources from the PS4, our actual moneymaker, and focus on picking up a few stragglers in the Western market? Hell, the only reason the PSP sold "well" was thanks to Monster Hunter and piracy. Well guess what, we just lost Monster Hunter, and the best we have for piracy is a PSP emulator. And even then, the PSP never got Devil May Cry, Resident Evil, or the Elder Scrolls series. We don't need to spend money on this crap, just let the indie morons cook up some "support" for the Vita so we don't have to.

CEO: Origato, gentleman. Our course of action shall be to focus on the PS4 so that we can offset the losses from the full-wall HD TV section, and make vague statements about the Vita's future. Just like Kim Jong Un does in North Korea. Oh, and in honor of the great Remote Play the Vita received, I propose that we make the PS4 Remote Play support 9 frames per second instead of the 8 in the PS3 version. Who's with me?!?!?!?

*Cheers ensue*
#9RotuhiiriPosted 3/30/2013 9:26:58 AM
I think they're working on it and they're more chilled than message board users. Two more big games this autumn coupled with a price drop will work wonders.
---
JRPG fans, support our struggle: http://chn.ge/SsowWy
Join our cause: https://www.facebook.com/OperationDemonBane
#10thinkingofwarPosted 3/30/2013 9:33:15 AM
Xeedragon posted...
CEO: Origato, gentleman. Our course of action shall be to focus on the PS4 so that we can offset the losses from the full-wall HD TV section, and make vague statements about the Vita's future. Just like Kim Jong Un does in North Korea.

And this guy calls the rest of us trolls?
---
If you enjoy RPGs, please consider purchasing Trails in the Sky for your PSP/Vita on PSN and supporting XSeed's translation efforts on this massive undertaking.