Toukiden: Video Demo

#112xkrazyPosted 3/30/2013 2:10:35 PM
There are so many flaws in this game..I was hoping it would be my monster hunter alt. First SS, and now this....I guess I gotta have faith in GEB2 now.
#12TheExiled280Posted 3/30/2013 2:13:18 PM
2xkrazy posted...
There are so many flaws in this game..I was hoping it would be my monster hunter alt. First SS, and now this....I guess I gotta have faith in GEB2 now.

The logical course of action would be to stop looking for MH in other games.

Buy a 3DS if you want MH.
---
Currently Playing: Naruto UN Storm 3(PS3), DoA5+(PSV), Persona 4 The Golden(PSV), Atelier Totori Plus(PSV), Unit 13(PSV) & Persona 4 Arena(PS3)
#13CSplitterPosted 3/30/2013 2:18:24 PM
TheExiled280 posted...
2xkrazy posted...

Well, to that poster's defence, the devs should stop trying to put MH in their games.
---
TakayaNoriko: Back in my day, we pressed buttons that didn't do anything because we thought it would give us special power-ups. And that's the way we liked it!
#14TheExiled280Posted 3/30/2013 2:23:51 PM
CSplitter posted...
TheExiled280 posted...
2xkrazy posted...

Well, to that poster's defence, the devs should stop trying to put MH in their games.

Because every 3rd person ARPG is MH now? You guys do realize this is a genre now....

We don't call Battlefield a.clone of whatever the first 3D FPS was do we?
---
Currently Playing: Naruto UN Storm 3(PS3), DoA5+(PSV), Persona 4 The Golden(PSV), Atelier Totori Plus(PSV), Unit 13(PSV) & Persona 4 Arena(PS3)
#15CSplitterPosted 3/30/2013 2:33:12 PM
TheExiled280 posted...
CSplitter posted...
TheExiled280 posted...
2xkrazy posted...

Because every 3rd person ARPG is MH now? You guys do realize this is a genre now....

You don't see me calling Ninja Gaiden MH.

It's the games that don't get the concept of borrowing and improving that I call that.
---
TakayaNoriko: Back in my day, we pressed buttons that didn't do anything because we thought it would give us special power-ups. And that's the way we liked it!
#16TheExiled280Posted 3/30/2013 2:38:18 PM
CSplitter posted...
TheExiled280 posted...
CSplitter posted...
TheExiled280 posted...
2xkrazy posted...

You don't see me calling Ninja Gaiden MH.

It's the games that don't get the concept of borrowing and improving that I call that.

That is a terrible comparison for various reasons but I'll respect your opinion and leave it at that.
---
#17sephiroth1491Posted 3/30/2013 2:48:02 PM
This game is the worst MH wannabe to date, in fact they didn't even bother to change the HUD much from it. :/

TheExiled280 posted...
CSplitter posted...
TheExiled280 posted...
2xkrazy posted...

Yes, action RPG is a genre, but sadly developers got stuck in "copy MH to save vita" rather than keep making their own original ARPG's and make em successful for their own stuff, rather than hang from the popularity of others. PSPo2 took many things from more action oriented games, and added rolls and such, yet kept the charm and his own especial way of playing for example.

And your FPS analogy is also flawed, cuz whichever the first FPS was, it's not currently popular or current franchise, unlike MH which is also ridiculously popular in Japan. And where from these "rip offs" come from at same time.
---
PSN: kon-sama1491 ///
"There's no room left in heaven and there's sure no room in hell, yeah" - Bad Religion
#18neskyPosted 3/30/2013 3:04:09 PM
MH doesn't matter until it's on the Vita. On the 3DS, it's ugly, and uncomfortable to play. There, I said it.

Still buying MH4 though and a new 3DS if they release a MH4 LE 3DS (not the XL).
---
i7 930 @ 4.05 | 12GB 2000MHz Dominator GT | Evga GTX 480 SLI @ 850/2000 | Win 7 Pro - Intel X25-M MLC SSD Raid 0 | Corsair 1200AX | Dual Loop LCS | Corsair 800D
#19RotuhiiriPosted 3/30/2013 8:54:32 PM
sephiroth1491 posted...

Yes, action RPG is a genre, but sadly developers got stuck in "copy MH to save vita" rather than keep making their own original ARPG's and make em successful for their own stuff, rather than hang from the popularity of others.

That started long before the Vita though and it's more developers trying to copy Monster Hunter to make money off its popularity rather than to save the Vita. Sony only made Soul Sacrifice, the rest are 3rd party. God Eater had its first game on PSP, Lord of A too, Phantasy Star has been doing its own thing alongside Monster Hunter since... before Monster Hunter, Toukiden is multiplat with PSP and so on.
---
JRPG fans, support our struggle: http://chn.ge/SsowWy
Join our cause: https://www.facebook.com/OperationDemonBane
#20j2zon2591Posted 3/30/2013 9:19:04 PM
I doubt anyone would deny the fact that these games are capitalizing on the recent boom and success of Monster Hunter specially in Japan.

Make of that what you will.

SS comparisons (graphics) IMO:

+much wider and taller FoV
+no screen tearing
+higher resolution

-Combat has less flair
-barren stage, basic stage layout and less organic

I actually appreciate this visual approach with Toukiden.. sharper images but less stuff.