aaaaaaaaaaaaaand the Trophies roll on

#21fourgigman(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 6:56:42 PM
TheExiled280 posted...
PringerX posted...
Oh yay, another trophy whore...

I like trophies but one of my friends in real life is so addicted that he almost plays games for trophies. When I tried to get him interested in some of the PSP games I have (GEB, Dissidia 012, etc) he basically blew me off because they don't have trophies :/

Oh and here's how I conversations went about the awesome Sound Shapes update:

Me: Hey, did you hear about the cool update Sound Shapes got?
Friend: Did they make Death Mode less ridicous so I can platinum it?
Me: Umm... no but they added- *I talk the about update*
Friend: Meh
Me: >_>

Kind of sad IMO....

So your friend plays games for a different reason than you do, and that makes it sad. OK.

Yes, IMO it is sad to buy games and play them for a superficial reason and not personal enjoyment. You got a problem with that? He once told me he got one of those Hanna Montanna games for the trophies.

Btw, I'm not trying to bash him. He's a good friend. I just feel like he's doing himself a disservice.

If only Britney Spears brought out a game... Ooooh i would be all over her trophies.
---
PSN: bulletproofvita
#22PringerXPosted 3/30/2013 6:56:56 PM
PringerX posted...

I like trophies but one of my friends in real life is so addicted that he almost plays games for trophies. When I tried to get him interested in some of the PSP games I have (GEB, Dissidia 012, etc) he basically blew me off because they don't have trophies :/

Kind of sad IMO....

So your friend plays games for a different reason than you do, and that makes it sad. OK.

Yes, IMO it is sad to buy games and play them for a superficial reason and not personal enjoyment. You got a problem with that? He once told me he got one of those Hanna Montanna games for the trophies.

Btw, I'm not trying to bash him. He's a good friend. I just feel like he's doing himself a disservice.

You should be talking with him about problems, not me. Getting trophies obviously is giving him personal enjoyment if he's selecting games based on them, so I'm not sure you even know what you're talking about.
---
http://psntrophyleaders.com/user/view/GameOverComesAll
http://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/GameOverComesAll
#23mike_411Posted 3/30/2013 7:10:30 PM
TheExiled280 posted...

Kind of sad IMO....

lol if he can't plat Sound Shapes he is a lame-o.
Part of the fun of platting games is overcoming the hardships that go along with them. Case in point, hardcore Risette fan...first time in a game that I actually had to grind for status ailments. >.>
---
Hardcore Naoto fan.
"I'd rather kill that monkey than have sex with that dog." -Paul Ryckert
#24RotuhiiriPosted 3/30/2013 7:45:34 PM
30 new trophies for $5 in LittleBigPlanet on Tuesday made me pop in that game card and patch it pre-emptively tonight. I'm sad like that. I'm not the biggest trophy whore anymore but I do enjoy getting a plat.
---
JRPG fans, support our struggle: http://chn.ge/SsowWy
Join our cause: https://www.facebook.com/OperationDemonBane
#25TheExiled280Posted 3/30/2013 7:47:03 PM
mike_411 posted...
TheExiled280 posted...

Kind of sad IMO....

Part of the fun of platting games is overcoming the hardships that go along with them. Case in point, hardcore Risette fan...first time in a game that I actually had to grind for status ailments. >.>

Uh no. Sound Shapes is pretty "throw your Vita at a wall" ridicoulus when it comes to those Death mode trophies. That's why I stopped attempting them. I didn't want buy a new Vita :/

His trophy list is actually pretty cool. He's got like 30+ platinums.
---
Currently Playing: Naruto UN Storm 3(PS3), DoA5+(PSV), Persona 4 The Golden(PSV), Atelier Totori Plus(PSV), Unit 13(PSV) & Persona 4 Arena(PS3)
#26TheExiled280Posted 3/30/2013 7:50:13 PM
PringerX posted...
PringerX posted...

Kind of sad IMO....

You should be talking with him about problems, not me. Getting trophies obviously is giving him personal enjoyment if he's selecting games based on them, so I'm not sure you even know what you're talking about.

Who quoted who? I don't remember initiating this conservation with you.

Also, it's not my place to tell him how to live his life. I think he's doing him self a diservice and there's a reason why I said in my opinion. I don't really understand what was so hard for you to understand about that.
---
Currently Playing: Naruto UN Storm 3(PS3), DoA5+(PSV), Persona 4 The Golden(PSV), Atelier Totori Plus(PSV), Unit 13(PSV) & Persona 4 Arena(PS3)
#27PringerXPosted 3/30/2013 9:30:02 PM
PringerX posted...
PringerX posted...

Kind of sad IMO....

Who quoted who? I don't remember initiating this conservation with you.

Also, it's not my place to tell him how to live his life. I think he's doing him self a diservice and there's a reason why I said in my opinion. I don't really understand what was so hard for you to understand about that.

Pretending that I "don't understand" isn't going to make what you said anymore sensible.
---
http://psntrophyleaders.com/user/view/GameOverComesAll
http://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/GameOverComesAll
#28mike_411Posted 3/30/2013 9:51:42 PM
TheExiled280 posted...
mike_411 posted...
TheExiled280 posted...

Kind of sad IMO....

Uh no. Sound Shapes is pretty "throw your Vita at a wall" ridicoulus when it comes to those Death mode trophies. That's why I stopped attempting them. I didn't want buy a new Vita :/

His trophy list is actually pretty cool. He's got like 30+ platinums.

I got the plat. Check for yourself. :p
I'll catch up to him soon though! D:
---
Hardcore Naoto fan.
"I'd rather kill that monkey than have sex with that dog." -Paul Ryckert
#29Skull_proPosted 3/30/2013 10:21:53 PM
twerter posted...
I don't know about checking trophies frequently...maybe you're bored.

I like trophies, except for multiplayer trophies, because they require me to play online, and I hate playing online. LET ME BE!!

Trust me, Online trophies are nothing compared to Local Wireless trophies. Those are rarer, but that's a good thing... While I have quite a few friends with Vitas (Including my GF who lives with me) No one has ModNation Racers: Road Trip. I don't think I'll ever be able to Platinum this, but Even if I was able too, I'd still be short one trophy... tha one requiring that you win a local multiplayer game.
---
Married to Clay, Driftveil city's gym leader
Official Roserade of the Pokemon X/Y boards