PS3 vs PS4 ports

#11Starwars4JPosted 3/30/2013 6:05:20 PM
TheExiled280 posted...
If Remote Play turns out the way they promised, then it's irreverent

Not really. A port at least could be played anywhere. Remote play necessitates wifi, and is laggy.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#12TheExiled280Posted 3/30/2013 6:08:04 PM
Starwars4J posted...
TheExiled280 posted...
If Remote Play turns out the way they promised, then it's irreverent

Not really. A port at least could be played anywhere. Remote play necessitates wifi, and is laggy.

True, but Remote Play will make those ports pointless anyway. If they can just play it on Vita with RP, most people aren't going to buy a seperate Vita version. That's why games that have Vita versions never support remote play. It would kill sales on the Vita version.

I personally would rather the port that I could play anytime but RP would be better than nothing.
---
Currently Playing: Naruto UN Storm 3(PS3), DoA5+(PSV), Persona 4 The Golden(PSV), Atelier Totori Plus(PSV), Unit 13(PSV) & Persona 4 Arena(PS3)
#13dj___rollPosted 3/30/2013 11:40:37 PM
Quote:If Remote Play turns out the way they promised, then it's irreverent
@TheExiled280

Irrelevant. Not irreverent. Entirely different meanings.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#14sumostickfigurePosted 3/30/2013 11:57:43 PM
I'm sure that third parties could always port over Wii U titles to the Vita or something.
---
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.
http://i.imgur.com/Vgmi3.gif
#15bakasmurfPosted 3/31/2013 12:23:21 AM
backguard222 posted...
I guess at least that we will be seeing fewer and fewer ports. Even of smaller PSN games like Rainbow Moon.

That's simply not true. Devs have been using sony's Phyre engine to develop games across PS3, Vita and even PSP.

Journey
Hotline Miami
Rocketbirds

Used Phyre for example.

Demon's and Dark Souls also used Phyreengine.

And just a few days ago Sony updated the Phyre engine to include PS4. So transitioning from PS3 to PS4 won't be so different.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/03/27/game-developers-phyreengine-3-5-arrives-today-for-ps3-ps4-ps-vita/
#16j2zon2591Posted 3/31/2013 12:25:54 AM
Guess so.. since the PS4's gonna be vastly superior.. but really depends on the devs..

Higher budget PS4 games that have a decent focus on graphics would look so bad as a VITA port with smooth framerates.. Not to mention a lot of PS4 games might have more mechanics that is very hard to replicate on the VITA.

Something like a 4K Dragon's Crown game for the PS4 might be nicely ported on the VITA :P (UHD sprite based?)

I wouldn't mind KZSF as a stand alone 1:1 port with PSX/1 graphics but no one's gonna do that (since graphics matters) :P

Who knows.. maybe the PSV is gonna be the "in between" successor of the PS3 as the PSV is likely to have a longer lifespan.
#17Spetsnaz420Posted 3/31/2013 4:00:32 AM
Actually if anything the PS4 DEV kit is closer to the Vita DEV kit than the PS3 DEV kit. So if anything it's likely we'll see more ports than ever
---
A tiger doesn't lose sleep to the opinions of sheep
PSN: Spetsnaz420
#18FayeLadyPosted 3/31/2013 4:50:24 AM
bakasmurf posted...
backguard222 posted...
I guess at least that we will be seeing fewer and fewer ports. Even of smaller PSN games like Rainbow Moon.

That's simply not true. Devs have been using sony's Phyre engine to develop games across PS3, Vita and even PSP.

Journey
Hotline Miami
Rocketbirds

Used Phyre for example.

Demon's and Dark Souls also used Phyreengine.

And just a few days ago Sony updated the Phyre engine to include PS4. So transitioning from PS3 to PS4 won't be so different.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/03/27/game-developers-phyreengine-3-5-arrives-today-for-ps3-ps4-ps-vita/

XNA tools have been used to develop across 360, Windows and even Windows Phone, but you wouldn't exactly call those similar platforms. Having middleware is great, but no one who worked on Mass Effect would tell you that Unreal 3 engine already existing made the task that much easier.

Personally, I think the system could do with less ports anyway.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.