Does anyone else here really appreciate the Vita's home button?

#1NJQuestCatPosted 4/1/2013 6:29:34 AM
I personally love being able to halt wherever I am in a game by pressing the home button.

Its really my favorite feature of the vita. I like it because if i just decide to stop in the middle of a game, i can just press home, do something else, let the vita hibernate and then continue on whenever i feel like gaming again.

For me it was a very well thought out feature. I havent had any other handhelds other than GBAdvance so i dont know what other handhelds do that.

I just really appreciate it because i dont always have the best attention span with games and sometimes i just want to have a quick burst of fun so this feature allows me to play, stop, and pick up where i left off while not draining major battery as the system sleeps.

Does anyone else really appreciate this about the Vita??

If not this feature, what is your favorite unique feature of the Vita's functionality?
#2Evil_GogetaPosted 4/1/2013 6:31:32 AM
I love the fact that I can see my trophies and go onto the store without having to actually quit the game. Love that part of the power button!
---
PSN/Wii U: GuiltyPersona Official Foreign JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken #1 Fan
Playing: (Vita) Soul Sacrifice, One Piece: Kaizoku Musou 2 and PSO2.
#3DemonDog666Posted 4/1/2013 6:31:46 AM
Yeah it's good, psp had the feature where if you turned it off it went into sleep mode and you could pick up and continue mid game with no problems but that's all I can think of.
#4j2zon2591Posted 4/1/2013 6:33:46 AM
NJQuestCat posted...
I personally love being able to halt wherever I am in a game by pressing the home button.

Its really my favorite feature of the vita. I like it because if i just decide to stop in the middle of a game, i can just press home, do something else, let the vita hibernate and then continue on whenever i feel like gaming again.

For me it was a very well thought out feature. I havent had any other handhelds other than GBAdvance so i dont know what other handhelds do that.

I just really appreciate it because i dont always have the best attention span with games and sometimes i just want to have a quick burst of fun so this feature allows me to play, stop, and pick up where i left off while not draining major battery as the system sleeps.

If not this feature, what is your favorite unique feature of the Vita's functionality?

Then you're probably praising the home button for the wrong reason if that's the only thing you do with it. There's that power button mainly used for sleeping.

I use the PS Button to multi task into browser and pictures occasionally.
#5stargazer64Posted 4/1/2013 6:34:57 AM
I really appreciate the power button, so when I turn it on and realize there are no games I can turn it right back off again.

April fools!
---
This is superfrog HD! it's in HD dammit! - mike_411
#6NJQuestCat(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2013 6:38:10 AM
j2zon2591 posted...
NJQuestCat posted...

Then you're probably praising the home button for the wrong reason if that's the only thing you do with it. There's that power button mainly used for sleeping.

I use the PS Button to multi task into browser and pictures occasionally.

Yeah thats what i meant. Yeah the home button is really good for multitasking. I like how when you make a party you can talk to the people no matter what youre doing on vita. Everyone can be playing a different game and chatting. Pretty cool.
#7NJQuestCat(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2013 6:40:15 AM
stargazer64 posted...
I really appreciate the power button, so when I turn it on and realize there are no games I can turn it right back off again.

April fools!

Hahaha...i was about to say this dumb response was inevitable then you said april fools...you got me.

now if this was a double april fools...that would be shocking
#8Angemon_23Posted 4/1/2013 6:45:47 AM
Topic title makes it seem like you're talking about the button itself and not the function. IMO, the Start and Select buttons should have the size and shape of the PS button, and placed where the PS button is and mirrored on the opposite side. The Vita logo on the bottom should work as the PS button.
---
"Angemon_23 already rocked this topic to its very core, and everyone since is just posting in the ashes." - GradyHoover
#9NJQuestCat(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2013 7:07:04 AM
Angemon_23 posted...
Topic title makes it seem like you're talking about the button itself and not the function. IMO, the Start and Select buttons should have the size and shape of the PS button, and placed where the PS button is and mirrored on the opposite side. The Vita logo on the bottom should work as the PS button.

THat would be too far to reach for the home button in the center
#10Klon_RedfieldPosted 4/1/2013 8:06:55 AM
I love the home button, I always wished the PSP paused the game with it... the PSP's sleep function is better tho =/.
---
Playing: Resident Evil 6 (PS3), Ni no Kuni (PS3), Ragnarok Odyssey (PSV), Disgaea 3 (PSV) MGS: Portable Ops (PSP), Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS)