Why wasn't Persona 4 Golden released on the PSP?

#11NeojianXPosted 4/2/2013 8:13:44 AM
I have the PS2 version of P4, but I have 2 PS2 versions and the PSP version of Persona 3 which I like best. I play it on my HDTVs with an adapter. I love the faster gameplay of P3P over the console versions. All the stuff I like about Persona 3 are in the P3P version and then some.
---
James Bond 007 in Never Say Never Heineken AND You Only Live Miller High Life .... Twice. : )
#12NeojianXPosted 4/2/2013 8:15:51 AM
mike_411 posted...
psp could barely even handle Persona 3.

Did you play p3p TC?

You know game play is different between playing it on a PSP 1000 and a PSP 3001. I have no problems with it , even playing it on HDTV.

Also if there was a problem it could very well have been on two umds. A number of PS2 JRPGs are on multiple disk.
---
James Bond 007 in Never Say Never Heineken AND You Only Live Miller High Life .... Twice. : )
#13GameNextPosted 4/2/2013 8:16:33 AM
NeojianX posted...
I have the PS2 version of P4, but I have 2 PS2 versions and the PSP version of Persona 3 which I like best. I play it on my HDTVs with an adapter. I love the faster gameplay of P3P over the console versions. All the stuff I like about Persona 3 are in the P3P version and then some.

Does P3P look good? I can't really picture it on an HDTV.
Off topic: Do you play P4 on an HDTV? For me it looks horrible (I can't go back to it anyway after playing GOLDEN so it doesn't matter really).
---
Currently Playing: Disgaea 3 (PSV), Persona 4 GOLDEN (PSV), LittleBigplanet (PSV), Persona 3 (PSP), Patapon 123 (PSP) and random PSP games
PSN: michael903
#14Evil_GogetaPosted 4/2/2013 8:23:07 AM
GameNext posted...
Atlus said that they did not want to cut anything out of the P4 port which is why they jumped on the Vita when they had the chance.
Hmmm, a downgraded PSP port of P4..

This and the fact that P3P had some items cut (the girl M didn't use a lot of resources) and if they used the girl MC + normal P3FES they wouldn't have enough space/problems!
---
PSN/Wii U: GuiltyPersona Official Foreign JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken #1 Fan
Playing: (Vita) Soul Sacrifice, One Piece: Kaizoku Musou 2 and PSO2.
#15NeojianXPosted 4/2/2013 8:29:52 AM
GameNext posted...
NeojianX posted...

Does P3P look good? I can't really picture it on an HDTV.
Off topic: Do you play P4 on an HDTV? For me it looks horrible (I can't go back to it anyway after playing GOLDEN so it doesn't matter really).

When it came out PSP games were made to look good on SD and HDTVs. The subtitles are bigger, so it looks good even on SDTV. It looks better on HDTVs , but it looks good even when you overscan it on HDTVs. Now newer games like the Hakuoki games subtitles look better on HDTVs. The subtitles of games like it and Eye of Judgment are harder to read on SDTVs.
---
#16Solid_PWPosted 4/2/2013 9:05:23 AM
Apparently, they were actually already in process of making P4P but they jumped to the Vita to enhance the PS2 version and not reduce anything from the vanilla version.
---
"I don't believe in maaaagiiiiicccc." - Zhang Jiao, Dynasty Warriors 3
#17LemonKweenstaaa(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2013 5:51:56 AM
Persona 4 would be better if you just selected where to go and who to talk to. There's no point in actually walking around when you're not in a dungeon.
---
Official Orange Sherbet of the IDF
you can't make money on games without making a console ~Beatperson14
#18Spetsnaz420Posted 4/4/2013 4:42:13 AM
The overhead style of P3P originally turned me off and it sat in my to be played later list for several months...I finally ended up going back and loving it by the end, however I still prefer the game play in P4G more...something about controlling my character
---
A tiger doesn't lose sleep to the opinions of sheep
PSN: Spetsnaz420
#19UniversquallPosted 4/4/2013 5:03:51 AM
The cutbacks in P3P were too extreme. Nobody should want P4TG to have suffered like that.
---
After the Fallout
#20jmtstanPosted 4/7/2013 12:02:25 AM
hopefully there's Persona 3 for Vita....
---
New Vita owner!!!
PSN: jmtstan1138