Disgaea 3 or Atelier Totori Plus?

#11LyonDRC(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2013 8:29:21 PM
Slaysme posted...
Plus, dude. Seriously. Stop being stubborn. It's so worth it. And if you insist that it's a rental service, well, it's the best one on the planet, then. And your lame excuse wouldn't work with Totori, as it a DD only game. Face it, plus or bust.

That said, Disgaea.

The thing is that I don't want to have much games I can get physical in my memory card, I want to leave that for digital-only games (like Atelier) and PS1/PSP classics, also, I want to be able to play a game without having to be a Plus member, mostly because I don't plan on getting it everytime it ends.
---
PSN Account: LyonDRC
Nintendo 3DS: 2664 - 3546 - 4823
#12Bancario51Posted 4/1/2013 9:25:23 PM(edited)
free game lol... you have to be an idiot not to
---
What is the meaning of life? A: Nanomachines, son
If you agree to be my wangdingo, quote my level and karma~
#13pipitugaPosted 4/1/2013 9:43:11 PM
D3. = A LOT longer then Atelier.

So what do you want?
Short or long.
---
The test of tolerance comes when we are in a majority, The test of courage comes when we are in a minority.
PSN: Curapica-San / GT: Curapica
#14ThugETHPosted 4/2/2013 4:08:07 AM
D3 has way more content and Atelier is too expensive right now for a digital only release.
---
[1:04pm] <R33P3R> how can a game be epic on a phone?
#15BulIetproofPosted 4/2/2013 4:11:02 AM
I can honestly say that when you've found and done everything you need to do in Atelier, you'll probably still have a cart-load of stuff you'll be wanting to do in Disgaea 3 (and more).

PROTIP: The Disgaea games actually start after you've cleared the basic story mode. :-P
---
"Don't mess around with the infinite." -Sandy
#16iusefebrezePosted 4/2/2013 4:27:59 AM
Been enjoying Atelier a bunch recently, never even finished Disgaea.

Disgaea was good but I don't have that kind of time.
---
The average anime character has 47 gallons of blood.
#17Phange 2Posted 4/2/2013 6:03:09 AM
Nobody's mentioned this, but I'm going to

The scope of Disgaea 3 is unbelievably broad, but its actual depth is virtually non-existent.
---
Bacon.
Playstation Network: Phange
#18DoomerangPosted 4/2/2013 11:05:30 AM
The problem here is that you're asking us to compare apples and oranges. Disgaea 3 is a strategy RPG with a big focus on grinding for stats in the later portion of the game. Atelier is a turn-based RPG that focuses on finding recipes and mixing ingredients to create new items, and is a turn-based RPG battle-wise. They both have relatively charming and light-hearted stories overall, though Atelier is lighter in tone overall in my opinion.

It really depends on what you're looking for in the long term. Disgaea's stat and class grinding can be highly addicting but takes hours and hours to do, and is really something I notice is either outright loved or hated by players. Atelier is nowhere near as reliant on stats and doesnt focus on grinding as much, but the whole focus on alchemy is just as hit-or-miss with players.
---
Kenshin's the Beauty, Kaoru's the Beast? - Mister_Feeny
Would that make Shishioh the candle guy? - Gettles
#19SieKensouPosted 4/2/2013 11:08:27 AM
Doomerang posted...
The problem here is that you're asking us to compare apples and oranges.

Disgaea 3 is a tactics styled RPG with a big focus on grinding for stats in the later portion of the game.

Atelier is a turn-based daily life simulation that focuses on finding recipes and mixing ingredients to create new items, and has turn-based battles.

fixed.
---
Tear Grants: Yappari Kawaiii~! <3<3<3
Want/Interested/Recommended Games: http://artonelico.isisview.org/viewtopic.php?p=362462#p362462
#20ChipoftheheadPosted 4/2/2013 11:46:02 AM
iusefebreze posted...
Been enjoying Atelier a bunch recently, never even finished Disgaea.

Disgaea was good but I don't have that kind of time.

this.
---
PLEASE HELP MY CAUSE GO TO blog360@mail.cave.co.jp AND ASK FOR A EUROPEAN RELEASE FOR DEATHSMILES 2X I WILL BE FOREVER IN YOUR DEBT.