2013 lineup...Vita vs. 3DS

#1AceAndJunpeiPosted 4/2/2013 8:26:56 AM
Which handheld has you excited for the rest of 2013?

IMO, both are a bit anemic, with the 3DS having a good few months coming while the Vita's strong months appear to be toward the end of the year.

I'm fairly split, although the 3DS has easily won the first quarter of 2013.
---
Now Playing: Ni No Kuni post-game (9/10), Pushmo (9/10), Castlevania: MoF (7/10) Bioshock Infinite (PS3)
#2Reik0uPosted 4/2/2013 8:28:32 AM
3DS: Shin Megami Tensei 4, Monster Hunter 4, Pokemon X/Y

PSVita: FFX/X-2 HD.
---
Currently Playing: Guild Wars 2
3DS FC: Reikou@1977-0116-7656 PSN: AilesDeLumiere
#3cheezedadadaPosted 4/2/2013 8:30:45 AM
I own both handhelds like most of us probably do, but I am currently leaning towards this being the Vita year for me. Not for the AAA releases though, but for the indies. I am a strong believer that indie games are right at home on handhelds and I am very excited that the Vita is getting a bunch of them throughout the year. A lot of AAA games are more expensive and can fall short, whereas the indie games are cheaper and sometimes even more fun.I am playing machinarium right now for 6.99 and I love it..before that was another indie game.
---
"And the companies get those blank dvds for pennies, burn to them, then sell them for $60. That's ok?"
-TheGlow
#4Evil_GogetaPosted 4/2/2013 8:32:30 AM
I`ve bought more games for my Vita this year, but I do replay Animal Crossing on 3DS since I bought it day , every other day!

I have 2 games pre-ordered on Vita for this year and 5 games pre-ordered for 3DS but I love both!
---
PSN/Wii U: GuiltyPersona Official Foreign JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken #1 Fan
Playing: (Vita) Soul Sacrifice, One Piece: Kaizoku Musou 2 and PSO2.
#5RotuhiiriPosted 4/2/2013 8:32:35 AM
The 3DS stomped all over the Vita in the first quarter but the rest of the year looks decent for both consoles with some very strong games for both handhelds. Good retail releases are far between sadly for both though. We're pre-E3 though so anything can happen.

Ys Celceta and SMT IV are my most anticipated games on any console this year so there will be heights for both consoles at least.
---
JRPG fans, support our struggle: http://chn.ge/SsowWy
Join our cause: https://www.facebook.com/OperationDemonBane
#6cheezedadadaPosted 4/2/2013 8:33:32 AM
Rotuhiiri posted...
Ys Celceta

---
"And the companies get those blank dvds for pennies, burn to them, then sell them for $60. That's ok?"
-TheGlow
#7Spiffy247Posted 4/2/2013 8:34:38 AM
I don't really have an opinion. I just want both to have plenty of funn games.
---
I'm clever, vaguely feminine, a vampire, and I wield Dice. PH33R.
The 3DS and PSVita are both outstanding systems. Wally the Equality Weasel says so.
#8AceAndJunpei(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2013 8:35:09 AM
Yeah, Ys Celceta, Dragon Crown and FfX HD are all very enticing and make for a good late-summer through Christmas lineup.

SMT4 and AC New Leaf (and Project X Zone) will help fill the Vita gap until then.
---
Now Playing: Ni No Kuni post-game (9/10), Pushmo (9/10), Castlevania: MoF (7/10) Bioshock Infinite (PS3)
#9Absolutezero93Posted 4/2/2013 8:35:41 AM
3DS no contest.
---
I'm not looking for help, I'm complaining. This is GameFAQs, isn't it? ~ Shad0wflare
#10GameNextPosted 4/2/2013 8:38:25 AM
3DS: Shin Magami Tensei 4, and Pokemon X/Y
Vita: Mind 0, Dragon's Crown, Muramasa Rebirth, FFX, and more.

Sorry 3DS, I just want more Vita games. :{
---
Currently Playing: Disgaea 3 (PSV), Persona 4 GOLDEN (PSV), LittleBigplanet (PSV), Persona 3 (PSP), Patapon 123 (PSP) and random PSP games
PSN: michael903