2013 lineup...Vita vs. 3DS

#141Lord_VishanaPosted 4/2/2013 4:47:38 PM
sentoworf posted...
Lord_Vishana posted...
jessica73 posted...
Rune factory 4, SMT 4, Mario & Luigi, Fantasy Life just got trademarked for US, Animal Crossing, Pokemon I guess, if DQ7 comes out this year, that'd be 3DS overload @_@
Vita: ?_? Dragon's Crown maybe

Don't forget Project X Zone and Soul Hackers. :-)

Bravely Default is tentatively confirmed as well(thanks to the tweets and insider information from Aryllies).

o_o

Actually, Aryllies has an extremely good history of giving accurate information from Square Enix. Look at the Bravely Default boards if your skeptical.
---
The Governor isn't so bad, here's proof! http://www.abload.de/img/1363452872289cbq1g.gif 3DS FC: 3394-3716-0128 Vita PSN: Queen_Sialeeds
#142N__1Posted 4/2/2013 4:49:50 PM
Lord_Vishana posted...
sentoworf posted...
Lord_Vishana posted...
jessica73 posted...
Rune factory 4, SMT 4, Mario & Luigi, Fantasy Life just got trademarked for US, Animal Crossing, Pokemon I guess, if DQ7 comes out this year, that'd be 3DS overload @_@
Vita: ?_? Dragon's Crown maybe

Don't forget Project X Zone and Soul Hackers. :-)

Bravely Default is tentatively confirmed as well(thanks to the tweets and insider information from Aryllies).

o_o

Actually, Aryllies has an extremely good history of giving accurate information from Square Enix. Look at the Bravely Default boards if your skeptical.

Add in Fantasy Life
#143blunderminePosted 4/2/2013 5:04:12 PM
cheezedadada posted...
blundermine posted...
cheezedadada posted...
blundermine posted...
cheezedadada posted...
I own both handhelds like most of us probably do, but I am currently leaning towards this being the Vita year for me. Not for the AAA releases though, but for the indies. I am a strong believer that indie games are right at home on handhelds and I am very excited that the Vita is getting a bunch of them throughout the year. A lot of AAA games are more expensive and can fall short, whereas the indie games are cheaper and sometimes even more fun.I am playing machinarium right now for 6.99 and I love it..before that was another indie game.

It sounds like your best platform would be IPhone or Android. They have way more top quality indie games than either Vita or 3DS.

I actually do have an iphone and occasionally play games on it, but the quality is better on the Vita. My preference of indie games is more on the higher value end of it....like I dont want some cheap looking flash style game, but more of something along the lines of Lone Survivor. A game that isnt super high quality, but can be good enough to be a standalone experience worth visiting.

I watch a lot of reviews on the run and they keep reviewing good mobile games. I don't have a smartphone myself so I can't try them but there look to be some good ones.

http://www.reviewsontherun.com/category/all/platform/gaming/ios/

Thanks to the sheer volume you have to wade through a lot of crap (much like iOS in general) but just from the last few weeks these appear to be some indie highlights:

Gravity Duck
Time Surfer
Aces of Luftwaffe
Dungelot
Pixel People
Little Inferno
Might and Magic Clash of Heroes
Hundreds

So I don't know if these would be in your realm of the higher value indie content, but these definitely made me wish I had an IPhone when I saw these reviews.

Thanks for the list! I actually have a couple of those and I'm checking out 2 more now from that list.

I think I should change my wording about the iPhone. There are a ton of really interesting and fun games in between the piles of shovelware and I have a decent amount of games I have spent a good amount of time in.....
... My real problem with the iPhone is the controls. It works amazing for touch screen style games like bejeweled or point and click games, but a lot of the games that look awesome are hard to play since they need physical controls. There was this witcher 2 style game that was awesome but it was so hard to control.

So I think my love for the vita over the iPhone comes from
The ability to have those higher quality indies AND physical controls. They make a big difference to me.

Ya that does make a big difference. Does the IPhone support bluetooth connectivity with a PS3 controller?
---
So if Nintendo changed the name of the Wii - U, would they be pulling a U-Wii?
#144cheezedadadaPosted 4/2/2013 5:49:53 PM
blundermine posted...
Ya that does make a big difference. Does the IPhone support bluetooth connectivity with a PS3 controller?

Unfortunately no it doesn't :/ ...I would say the hArdest genre to play on there are FPS games. You usually have one side of the screen used for walking and the other for aiming and shooting. I have big hands so most of the screen is obscured at that point and you have to slide up the screen to move around. Thankfully RPGs work much better (that's my favorite genre)... So if I see a game like chrono cross, I get it because I know it'll work pretty well. Also games like pixel people and other misc hard to class games work well too. FPS and third person shooters are avoided 100% though.
---
"And the companies get those blank dvds for pennies, burn to them, then sell them for $60. That's ok?"
-TheGlow
#145metalmariolordPosted 4/2/2013 5:52:45 PM
Trolls and 3DS intruders vs. Vita lovers and More trolls
---
Do you judge games by graphics and not gameplay?Only like realistic games?
GO PLAY REAL LIFE!
#146Starwars4JPosted 4/2/2013 5:54:46 PM
cheezedadada posted...
Yeah that's fine, but still doesn't really explain the relentless posting. No one is upset that you don't like the system, we just don't need you trashing it 24/7 in threads that don't need it. Eh, forget it... Let's get back to the post at hand. I'd rather not derail this any further. My actual question is continuously being skirted around and we are running in circles at this point.

What's amazing to me is that you say these things about shadow, but then say how you enjoy servant's posts. I wonder why that is...
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#147DarthFloatyPosted 4/2/2013 6:04:23 PM
3DS has Animal Crossing, Pokemon, and Mario & Luigi, so for me, it's a fantastic wave of games coming. Although it seems overall both of them are starting to pick up a little bit.
#148N__1Posted 4/2/2013 6:14:50 PM
Starwars4J posted...
cheezedadada posted...
Yeah that's fine, but still doesn't really explain the relentless posting. No one is upset that you don't like the system, we just don't need you trashing it 24/7 in threads that don't need it. Eh, forget it... Let's get back to the post at hand. I'd rather not derail this any further. My actual question is continuously being skirted around and we are running in circles at this point.

What's amazing to me is that you say these things about shadow, but then say how you enjoy servant's posts. I wonder why that is...

We all have some kind of fanboyism inside, I am more on Nintendo's side just as cheeze, judging by his posts he more on sony's side. So of course he will like post, that favor his preferred company.
#149cheezedadadaPosted 4/2/2013 6:23:20 PM
Starwars4J posted...
cheezedadada posted...

I enjoy the fact that I can come in here and not get negativity from servant's post. He personally hasn't done anything to me for me to dislike him, so Im not going to jump in just because someone else may dislike him for any reason.

I don't have to defend myself because you are using an unrealistic comparison. Servant doesn't need to praise the vita for me to enjoy his posts, all I'm asking for is to not have Shadow taking a huge steaming **** on every post in the vita forum. You know there is no comparison there, but I Don't blame you for using it in your argument.

People in real life would laugh at all of this considering I'm a huge Microsoft fan (pc and 360 are #1 in my life). Whether someone loves Sony or nintendo more means nothing to me.... Just keep the constant negative stuff out posts that don't need it. Feel free to find a way to turn this against me in your response, but it won't matter because at the end of the day ill still enjoy my PC/360/ps3/3ds/vita.
---
"And the companies get those blank dvds for pennies, burn to them, then sell them for $60. That's ok?"
-TheGlow
#150Starwars4JPosted 4/2/2013 6:26:23 PM
cheezedadada posted...
I enjoy the fact that I can come in here and not get negativity from servant's post. He personally hasn't done anything to me for me to dislike him, so Im not going to jump in just because someone else may dislike him for any reason.

I don't have to defend myself because you are using an unrealistic comparison. Servant doesn't need to praise the vita for me to enjoy his posts, all I'm asking for is to not have Shadow taking a huge steaming **** on every post in the vita forum. You know there is no comparison there, but I Don't blame you for using it in your argument.

People in real life would laugh at all of this considering I'm a huge Microsoft fan (pc and 360 are #1 in my life). Whether someone loves Sony or nintendo more means nothing to me.... Just keep the constant negative stuff out posts that don't need it. Feel free to find a way to turn this against me in your response, but it won't matter because at the end of the day ill still enjoy my PC/360/ps3/3ds/vita.

What you're missing is that he does exactly what shadow does. He is constantly bashing the 3DS and Nintendo, and yet you seem fine with that. It must be because it's not against Sony that it's fine. When it's against Sony however, it leaves you confused, angered, and befuddled.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade