2013 lineup...Vita vs. 3DS

#161kewldude475Posted 4/2/2013 9:16:05 PM
Nnamz posted...
This year, 3DS by far. Monster Hunter, Fire Emblem and Luigi's Mansion were all stellar, with Vita's only answer to those being a DOA5 port so far. Killzone, Soul Sacrifice, and Tearaway should all score very well and look great, but honestly, it's a no brainer that this year is going to 3DS.

It's nice, especially after the absolutely abysmal year 3DS had last year in terms of software releases, only having 7 games with 80+ scores while Vita had 18 games with 80+ scores. It's like I've already put more hours into my 3DS in 3 months than I did all of last year.

lel

I honestly don't see what's good about MH. I even got the MH3U demo, and it felt clunky, slow, and it had strange controls. Not to mention it has no story, just hunting monsters just because.
---
PS3/Vita PSN: kewldude475; 3DS FC: 4253-3798-3218; Steam: kewldude475
#162zeplin1180Posted 4/2/2013 10:19:55 PM
for me it's the Vita, an easy no brainer. the reason why is simple, i just don't like, nor will i ever like games such as Pokemon, Animal Crossing or SMT Soul Hackers (i don't care much for the 2D dungeon crawler look of the SMT games... although SMT IV looks like it may change my mind... but Soul Hackers i still don't like nor will i buy it. the Persona games in the other hand i do like (i own P1, P2, P3P, P4G and i'm looking out for the other version of P2 when it's released in the US).

but even if i did like those above Nintendo games i mentioned (Pokemon etc.), the Vita still would be my choice because it has a huge list of upcoming games that i will without a doubt buy.

for example... i've copied and pasted a list made from a poster on the 1st pg...

MLB 13: The Show
Dead or Alive 5 Plus
HISTORY Legends of War: Patton
Germinator
Machinarium
Atelier Totori Plus
WRC 3
Soul Sacrifice
Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault
Snapshot
Guacamelee!
Picotto Knights
Rainbow Moon
Dragon Fantasy
Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee
Thomas Was Alone
Putty Squad
Quell Memento
Luftrausers
Killzone Mercenary
Tearaway
Warrior's Lair
Final Fantasy X HD
Final Fantasy X-2 HD
Dragon's Crown
LEGO Legends of Chima
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
Muramasa Rebirth
Valhalla Knights 3
Ys: Memories of Celceta
Epic Mickey 2
Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee New N' Tasty
Orc Attack
Lone Survivor
Starlight Inception
The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
Zombie Tycoon 2
Velocity Ultra
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R
Dragon Fantasy
Deathmatch Village
Frozen Synapse: Tactics
Superfrog HD
Hotline Miami
Bit.Trip Runner 2
Malicious Rebirth
The Walking Dead
Box! Open Me
Limbo
Spelunky
Metrico
Terraria
God Eater 2 - which will most likely be localized

so there's ALL of those plus any others that either don't have release dates or aren't yet announced. either way there will be more, you can count on that... especially if things move the way they are currently moving (i.e. multiple/new Vita games being announced on a weekly basis).

about this new indie game argument...
some people say that the recent flow of A LOT of new indie games coming out for the Vita doesn't really "count" simply because indie games aren't AAA games. well i call bull$%#@ ... i consider games like Pushmo & Crashmo on the 3DS real/true games because of the simple fact that they're fun and provide me with a ton of enjoyment, they fit the definition of a video game both in terms of fun-factor AND in content. to me it doesn't matter if a game was released as a DD or by retail in a chain store... what matters is if i like the game and if i come back to it time and time again. besides, these indie games not only fit perfectly well on portables, but they also bring to us a sense of originality & uniqueness not even found in most AAA games or your average game that is made by the more common/larger gaming company.
#163Nergy15Posted 4/2/2013 11:38:20 PM
kewldude475 posted...
Nnamz posted...
This year, 3DS by far. Monster Hunter, Fire Emblem and Luigi's Mansion were all stellar, with Vita's only answer to those being a DOA5 port so far. Killzone, Soul Sacrifice, and Tearaway should all score very well and look great, but honestly, it's a no brainer that this year is going to 3DS.

It's nice, especially after the absolutely abysmal year 3DS had last year in terms of software releases, only having 7 games with 80+ scores while Vita had 18 games with 80+ scores. It's like I've already put more hours into my 3DS in 3 months than I did all of last year.

lel

I honestly don't see what's good about MH. I even got the MH3U demo, and it felt clunky, slow, and it had strange controls. Not to mention it has no story, just hunting monsters just because.

MH3U actually does have a story. While it may not be an integrel part of the game like it Is in some RPGs, it is there. The demo demonstrated one aspect of the game. As for the controls, it's a personal preference, so i understand why you don't like them. Personally i feel like the controls make you think about your movements and when to attack more and plan out strategies. I think that's what sets it apart from other franchises.
---
PSN: Nergoo 3DS: 2122-5921-7696
#164ElevenOhNoesPosted 4/3/2013 1:30:40 AM
IMO 3DS will be hard to beat just because of Animal Crossing New Leaf. It doesn't really have anything else I'm interested in though, aside from Luigi, and maybe Lego City if it's not just another horrible handheld lego game. I haven't played anything on 3DS since Scribblenauts Unlimited came out (can't even remember the last time I used it before that) so it's been a very poor 6 months or so for me.

Vita I'll be checking out lots of games. Soul Sacrifice, Dragon's Crown, Ys just to name a few. But I don't think any of them will have the longevity of Animal Crossing for me. I'm sure this year will be the same as last though, where I pick up a lot more titles for Vita.
---
Xbox Live: ElevenOHNOEZ .....................................PSN: nightranma
3DS: 5455-9525-0021
#165blunderminePosted 4/3/2013 5:44:26 AM
cheezedadada posted...
blundermine posted...
Ya that does make a big difference. Does the IPhone support bluetooth connectivity with a PS3 controller?

Unfortunately no it doesn't :/ ...I would say the hArdest genre to play on there are FPS games. You usually have one side of the screen used for walking and the other for aiming and shooting. I have big hands so most of the screen is obscured at that point and you have to slide up the screen to move around. Thankfully RPGs work much better (that's my favorite genre)... So if I see a game like chrono cross, I get it because I know it'll work pretty well. Also games like pixel people and other misc hard to class games work well too. FPS and third person shooters are avoided 100% though.

Ya I can see how that would be a big problem.
---
So if Nintendo changed the name of the Wii - U, would they be pulling a U-Wii?
#166Lord_VishanaPosted 4/3/2013 7:26:45 PM
Great news everyone! :-)

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/04/03/bravely-default-flying-fairy-will-be-localized-for-the-west
---
Media Create Week 13 3DS: 66,980 Vita: 31,795 "It's beating the 3DS" - Sailor Goon 3DS FC: 3394-3716-0128 Vita PSN: Queen_Sialeeds
#167sentoworfPosted 4/3/2013 7:35:35 PM
Lord_Vishana posted...
Great news everyone! :-)

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/04/03/bravely-default-flying-fairy-will-be-localized-for-the-west

o_o
---
(@_@) Spinda is watching
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs2/1320435_o.gif
#168__Blight__Posted 4/3/2013 8:05:05 PM
Starwars4J posted...
cheezedadada posted...
I enjoy the fact that I can come in here and not get negativity from servant's post. He personally hasn't done anything to me for me to dislike him, so Im not going to jump in just because someone else may dislike him for any reason.

I don't have to defend myself because you are using an unrealistic comparison. Servant doesn't need to praise the vita for me to enjoy his posts, all I'm asking for is to not have Shadow taking a huge steaming **** on every post in the vita forum. You know there is no comparison there, but I Don't blame you for using it in your argument.

People in real life would laugh at all of this considering I'm a huge Microsoft fan (pc and 360 are #1 in my life). Whether someone loves Sony or nintendo more means nothing to me.... Just keep the constant negative stuff out posts that don't need it. Feel free to find a way to turn this against me in your response, but it won't matter because at the end of the day ill still enjoy my PC/360/ps3/3ds/vita.

What you're missing is that he does exactly what shadow does. He is constantly bashing the 3DS and Nintendo, and yet you seem fine with that. It must be because it's not against Sony that it's fine. When it's against Sony however, it leaves you confused, angered, and befuddled.

He bashes the 3DS in topics made on the 3DS board?
---
"This is Stannis Baratheon. The man will fight to the bitter end and then some." - Tywin Lannister
#169CompassPosted 4/3/2013 8:10:47 PM
I've noticed the major Ponies mostly steer clear of the 3DS board. People there are too happy and content with their purchase. Insecure Sony fanboys don't do well in that environment. They all flocked to the Wii U board to let off some of their buttfrustration steam caused by week after week of poor Vita sales.
#170helldewPosted 4/3/2013 8:15:18 PM
I mainly want Rune factory 4 on 3DS and eventually pokemon X/Y.

on Vita i really want Ys celceta at this point.

proably gonna grab random stuff along the line thats not JRPG related though (i need to make sure to buy super niche things on release and other games il just grab when i find them for the right price)
---
ErrorSupply 3-D DS -OMG! It's the ultimate anti-pirate tech O:.