Wow I HIGHLY suggest the Tomb Raider Anniversary (Its on sale too)

#1AzurexNightmarePosted 4/3/2013 11:38:22 AM
Playing the remake of the original 90's Tomb Raider on Vita. Wow. I am extremely impressed. Even for being a PSP game the graphics almost look like a Vita title. You can also map the camera to the right analogue stick and put start and select on the touch screen. This game is so amazing. I used to play the first Tomb Raider when I barely got into gaming as a kid. I must have been like 9. The update for both graphics and gameplay is MASSIVE and you can use a grappling hook. This is just...wow. Wow. Very impressed.

Game should have gotten a 9/10 for sure. **** the reviews (the reviews didn't give the game a bad score at all, but they should have given it much higher)

Also the fact that you can map L and R to the right stick for camera makes the game feel much newer and AMAZING.

Laura's boobs aren't triangles anymore either. I am so impressed I can't even put it into words.

It's on sale for $6 right now. I don't care if you have never played Tomb Raider. GET THIS GAME NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You will be so impressed you won't even believe it.
---
PS3, Vita, 3DS. PSN: xLionhartx
The official Main Character of SMT
#2TheExiled280Posted 4/3/2013 11:41:18 AM
hmmm, I'll look into it. how long is the game? is it level based or semi open world? never played a TR game before
---
Gravity Rush English Trailers:
http://youtu.be/5Q-p-41_V4Y // http://youtu.be/n8vSuWNQwUE
#3gambit444Posted 4/3/2013 11:47:45 AM(edited)
disagree. Despite the overhaul, I felt the game showed it's age tremendously. I had only played the original for a level or 2 so i can't compare it to that but it felt very clunky to me. Movement wasn't smooth or percise. puzzles were Meh & not satisfying.

It's level based btw. it is basically a platformer were you go from puzzle to puzzle with the occasional baddies/boss fights sprinkled in.
---
Show me a hero and I will write you a tragedy.
-F. Scott Fitzgerald
#4AzurexNightmare(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2013 11:58:40 AM(edited)
gambit444 posted...
disagree. Despite the overhaul, I felt the game showed it's age tremendously. I had only played the original for a level or 2 so i can't compare it to that but it felt very clunky to me. Movement wasn't smooth or percise. puzzles were Meh & not satisfying.

It's level based btw. it is basically a platformer were you go from puzzle to puzzle with the occasional baddies/boss fights sprinkled in.

Of course its going to show its age. Its a remake, its not a new game. And even then, if you play the original Tomb Raider, you will see how much of an improvement this game is. It is very much modernized from the original, so you won't even see its age as a former PS1 game at all.

And you only played the original for a level or two? Why are you even here?

The game is $6. You will get so much enjoyment out of the measly $6 that you spent. Massive graphical upgrade, the climbing/jumping/rolling is MUCH more refined, playing it on a Vita gives it even more of an upgrade (right analogue, using touch screen for start/select is a godsend) portability, its amazing for $6.

I would pay $30 and still be impressed.
---
#5AzurexNightmare(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2013 11:57:06 AM(edited)
TheExiled280 posted...
hmmm, I'll look into it. how long is the game? is it level based or semi open world? never played a TR game before

It is technically level based but it isn't like this (this is an example)

LEVEL ONE. CHINA!!!!

*beat level*

LEVEL TWO. INDIA!!!!

*beat level*

LEVEL THREE, AFRICA

It's not like that. The game is very interconnected. When you solve the last puzzle/beat the boss of a "level", a level statistics screen will appear and show you your stats, and you simply press x and continue right from where you left off. It feels like one massive game rather than split up. Granted, there isn't much possibility to backtrack (but there is no reason to anyway)

If you have never played a TR game I am begging you please play this game. I do not want you to miss out on this. Seriously dude. Six dollars. Six bucks. That's it.

What awaits you is a massive package of

Exploring, finding hidden stuff, fighting varied enemies, lots of varied bosses, MANY varied environments, many puzzles (yes, some of them are easy but they are fun, it improves pacing and makes the game go fluidly), different weapons to chose from, and the addition of a grappling hook makes the game much more adventure-like than the original.
---
#6gambit444Posted 4/3/2013 12:01:07 PM
Of course its going to show its age. Its a remake, its not a new game.

Because i played the remake. I said i couldn't COMPARE the 2, not that i had only played 1-2 levels of the original. It's a mediocre game. quit pushing it.
---
Show me a hero and I will write you a tragedy.
-F. Scott Fitzgerald
#7AzurexNightmare(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2013 12:05:13 PM
gambit444 posted...
Of course its going to show its age. Its a remake, its not a new game.

Because i played the remake. I said i couldn't COMPARE the 2, not that i had only played 1-2 levels of the original. It's a mediocre game. quit pushing it.

No, it's not. The game is great. You didn't even play the original. If you only played 1-2 levels of the first game, then chances are that this type of game just isn't for you.

Walking to a topic and saying ITS BAD OMG ITS BAD and not even giving reasons why/explaining why is just stupid.
---
#8mike_411Posted 4/3/2013 12:18:07 PM
Meh, just stick with the ps1 classic.
---
Hardcore Naoto fan.
"I'd rather kill that monkey than have sex with that dog." -Paul Ryckert
#9AzurexNightmare(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2013 12:41:10 PM(edited)
mike_411 posted...

Nope.

1. While the original is great, it hasn't aged very well.

2. Graphics are much worse (obviously) I'm not a graphics whore, just pointing out that the PSP version's are much better and make the environments shine

3. Someone who has never played Tomb Raider would NOT get into it if they played the PS1 original. This isn't the 90's anymore. It's a whole different era and the PSP version caters to it.

Bunch of people saying no who don't even explain WHY.

Maybe you should read a review elsewhere so that these guys, who seem to not know very much, dont turn you off from this great game.
---
#10BlestsolPosted 4/3/2013 12:43:59 PM
AzurexNightmare posted...
mike_411 posted...

Nope.

1. While the original is great, it hasn't aged very well.

2. Graphics are much worse (obviously) I'm not a graphics whore, just pointing out that the PSP version's are much better and make the environments shine

3. Someone who has never played Tomb Raider would NOT get into it if they played the PS1 original. This isn't the 90's anymore. It's a whole different era and the PSP version caters to it.

Bunch of people saying no who don't even explain WHY.

Maybe you should read a review elsewhere so that these guys, who seem to not know very much, dont turn you off from this great game.

Loosen your cape.
---
Psn:Blestsoul