Should Sony redesign VITA?

#1leonboutasPosted 4/4/2013 2:06:17 AM
VITA redesign - Results (129 votes)
Yes,a slimmer version with an HDMI port would be great.
44.96% (58 votes)
No,the system is already perfect as it is.
55.04% (71 votes)
This poll is now closed.
So as most of you know there are rumours about a new version of VITA with an HDMI port and 4G.Personally i think the system is great as it is.But if Sony decides to redesign what should they change?

A good redesign for me would be something like this:
-Slimmer
-HDMI port
-4G
-Make it look like a mini iPAD.The system is getting tons of indie support and most users are going with the download way instead of physical copies.

They shouldnt disconnect the Wi-Fi model that is on sale now.They can do it like 3DS.Both versions are still selling good vause some people like it smaller.
#2darkblade1112Posted 4/4/2013 2:24:23 AM
They need to worry about fixing all the glitches in the firmware before they should even think of a new model.
#3bj91xPosted 4/4/2013 2:30:53 AM
I have one major gripe and one minor gripe with the PSV.

Major gripe - Lack of removable battery. On long trips, my PSV can't last. While a portable charger solves this problem some what, having a wire stick out while I'm playing is annoying. My biggest concern is with the battery's life span. Once it dies, I'd have to go through a hassle to get the battery replaced... Or be forced to buy a new PSV. Considering how much time I spend on my PSV, I don't expect this battery to last long.

Minor gripe - I wish it was lighter.

I don't care about an HDMI port much, though I wouldn't say no.
---
Kupo, Kupo, Kupo!!!
#4eondenPosted 4/4/2013 2:57:48 AM
The problem with 4g and 3g is that most games don't use it for online (dunno why they do that but it seems stupid).
If they are able to make an infinite data 4g (with good bandwidth), then i might think that the remote play should be decent.
---
Friend code (3DS): 2036-6778-7047
#5j2zon2591Posted 4/4/2013 3:23:31 AM
leonboutas posted...
So as most of you know there are rumours about a new version of VITA with an HDMI port and 4G.Personally i think the system is great as it is.But if Sony decides to redesign what should they change?

A good redesign for me would be something like this:
-Slimmer
-HDMI port
-4G
-Make it look like a mini iPAD.The system is getting tons of indie support and most users are going with the download way instead of physical copies.

They shouldnt disconnect the Wi-Fi model that is on sale now.They can do it like 3DS.Both versions are still selling good vause some people like it smaller.

Ofc..proly after 2 to 3 years vita release... They'd probably hint at it at 2014 E3..

I want it thinner too.
Removable bat would be awesome
More Ram for turning on YT on the BG would be nice.
Searing bright screen! (for outdoor ofc)
HDMI would be good for me as I prefer calibrated displays over the VITA's oversaturated colors and clipped blacks.
#6Sami1000Posted 4/4/2013 5:39:28 AM
They should at least fix the shoulder buttons because they are horrible in games where you need to keep them pressed down. Also analogs should be bigger.
#7j2zon2591Posted 4/4/2013 5:50:32 AM
Sami1000 posted...
They should at least fix the shoulder buttons because they are horrible in games where you need to keep them pressed down. Also analogs should be bigger.

Yeah for some reason the shoulder buttons feel weird.. probably too mushy and sometimes hard to know if you're pressing it "right".

Wouldn't mind a slightly bigger stick as well.. but just a bit taller if ever (an mm or 2)..
#8leonboutas(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 5:56:03 AM
I like how the poll goes on right now.Seems that many people like the existing design.Sony will have a tough time making it better.If decides to redesign it.....
#9Sami1000Posted 4/4/2013 6:08:05 AM
leonboutas posted...
I like how the poll goes on right now.Seems that many people like the existing design.Sony will have a tough time making it better.If decides to redesign it.....

Not even 50 people have voted and this is gamefaqs forums only. We don't know what the other few million people think.
#10Sp8cemanSpiffPosted 4/4/2013 6:30:03 AM
While I wouldn't say the system is perfect as is (which system ever is?), I really don't care about a tv out and I especially don't want the thing to become thinner. I love the fact that Sony didn't completely ignore ergonomics while trying to come up with a good looking system here.
All in all the Vita is very well designed for a first system and just about none of the mistakes which plagued the first PSP (awful d-pad, lcd screen with terrible response times) were made.
---
"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. -C.S. Lewis