Is this worth buying solely for Persona 4?

#1REMercsChampPosted 4/4/2013 6:42:14 PM
Is the vita worth buying solely for Persona 4? - Results (298 votes)
Yes
36.24% (108 votes)
No
28.86% (86 votes)
No, but here's some other damn good reasons it's worth a purchase
34.9% (104 votes)
This poll is now closed.
So, I have not been the biggest advocate of the vita in the past. However, next month I'm starting a new job and the money is already burning a hole in my wallet and I'm thinking about getting a vita. I'm not interested in any ps store stuff (e.g. psone classics, got all I want from that on my psp) or balgurs gate/monster hunter type games like soul sacrifice. The only game so far that looks interesting to me is persona 4. I played persona 4 on the ps2 two years ago and liked it for the most part.

In summary, is this worth the purchase, or should I just move on?
---
Official Drug Lord of the Random Insanity cartel family
#2Bikes-Posted 4/4/2013 6:49:13 PM
If you've already played P4, then no. Golden adds some new things, but not enough to justify a system purchase.
#3Eijin-FD3SPosted 4/4/2013 6:49:19 PM
I'm sad I bought persona 4 last week and I still don't have a vita =/
---
PSN: ClutchAnderson...If you're playin' TTT2 or DOA5 on PS3 add me already!!!
#4gamemaster712Posted 4/4/2013 6:51:48 PM
I did, the other games were just icings on the cake...
---
Lord of gaming!!! (probably)
#5REMercsChamp(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 6:58:33 PM
Alright, I'm leaning towards a no here. I've noticed some people voted for the third option but didn't comment. Anything those people wanted to add?
---
#6yankee6903Posted 4/4/2013 7:03:29 PM(edited)
Buying a whole console for only one game is foolish. That being said, there are many reasons to buy a vita:

1. Vita games - DJ Max, Shinovi Vs, Uncharted, Gravity Rush, etc
2. PS1 and PSP games - I never had a PSP so I am able to play some great games
3. PS+
4. Spiffy the Debonair
---
PSN: nightshade6903 GT:nightshade6903
I am not a Republican or a Democrat, I am a conservative
#7Spiffy247Posted 4/4/2013 7:03:45 PM
I suggest you post your favorite series' and genres. I bet we could give you a few titles you'd enjoy.
---
I'm clever, vaguely feminine, a vampire, and I wield Dice. PH33R.
The 3DS and PSVita are both outstanding systems. Wally the Equality Weasel says so.
#8eclecticgiftPosted 4/4/2013 7:06:49 PM
Yes. I bought this game for Persona 4 Golden. I could have played P4 on the PS2 but personally for me, it was worth it to get the Vita just P4G. Granted I'm very shrewd so I asked for the Vita as a birthday/Christmas present and bought the Black Friday bundle while it was on sale in Amazon. But after playing, beating and enjoying P4G (life changing experience!) I'm currently enjoying MLB the Show 13. Big baseball fan so I'm glad I could play this on the go.
---
Washington Nationals - Best Rotation Ever
Strasburg | Gio | Zimmermann | Haren | Detwiler
#9REMercsChamp(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 7:07:46 PM
Spiffy247 posted...
I suggest you post your favorite series' and genres. I bet we could give you a few titles you'd enjoy.

Okay, I'm a little all over the place with this. I hadn't played video games for 2-3 years then got back into it last summer when I got a psp/3ds and this january when I got a ps3.

Some games I've bought and liked

3DS: Zelda, Resident Evil Mercenaries, Resident Evil 4, Etrian Odyssey, all of the mario games

PSP: Wild arms XF, growlanser

PS3: eternal sonata, Tales of graces

Just some that came to mind right away
---
#10yankee6903Posted 4/4/2013 7:12:51 PM
REMercsChamp posted...
Spiffy247 posted...

Okay, I'm a little all over the place with this. I hadn't played video games for 2-3 years then got back into it last summer when I got a psp/3ds and this january when I got a ps3.

Some games I've bought and liked

3DS: Zelda, Resident Evil Mercenaries, Resident Evil 4, Etrian Odyssey, all of the mario games

PSP: Wild arms XF, growlanser

PS3: eternal sonata, Tales of graces

Just some that came to mind right away

On this you can play those PS1 classics and PSP games (many of them at least). IE you can play Persona 1 - 4. You can play Resident Evil 1 - 3, Silent Hill. Plus all the VIta games.

I would say if you are getting back into gaming and looking for something different then go for it. If not, you likely will be satisfied with your 3DS.
---
PSN: nightshade6903 GT:nightshade6903
I am not a Republican or a Democrat, I am a conservative