Is this worth buying solely for Persona 4?

#11Makoto_YukiPosted 4/4/2013 7:17:31 PM
YES! Don't forget to buy P3P!!! :D
---
Add me! PSN: TheLimit32 4everrr Playing: P3P, P3: FES, P4 Golden, and P4: Arena {Mains: Mitsuru <3 and Akihiko}
Mitsuru <3 http://i.imgur.com/5MMPUql.jpg
#12eclecticgiftPosted 4/4/2013 7:23:32 PM
After playing P3P and P4G I'd have to recommend he play P3: FES on PS2/PS3 instead.
---
Washington Nationals - Best Rotation Ever
Strasburg | Gio | Zimmermann | Haren | Detwiler
#13WiiFan77Posted 4/4/2013 7:46:52 PM(edited)
Absolutely not. It is by no means a bad game, but it's overrated as hell. Worst game in the SMT series, and the Golden version is easier than Pokemon.

There are still good reasons to get a Vita though.
---
Official Ditto of the Pokemon X/Y board.
Official Neko Shogun of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#14REMercsChamp(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 7:49:13 PM
I am not convinced that buying a vita right now would be a good option for me (just surfed the library on amazon). I'll wait until the summer goes on before deciding again

Thanks to all who gave input
---
Official Drug Lord of the Random Insanity cartel family
#15NnamzPosted 4/4/2013 7:55:24 PM
REMercsChamp posted...
Alright, I'm leaning towards a no here. I've noticed some people voted for the third option but didn't comment. Anything those people wanted to add?

Uncharted
Wipeout
LittleBigPlanet
Soundshapes
Gravity Rush
Lumines
Super Stardust
---
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 4527 - 7250 - 9769 <-- Inbox me your FC.
#16LyonDRCPosted 4/4/2013 7:55:42 PM
Nope. I also bought the PS Vita mainly because of Persona 4, but there were a couple of games I liked too, such as Disgaea 3 and the Atelier Totori Plus. But if you're getting the console and will only get Persona 4: Golden, then no. No game is worth buying a console.
---
PSN Account: LyonDRC
Nintendo 3DS: 2664 - 3546 - 4823
#17Klon_RedfieldPosted 4/4/2013 9:09:59 PM
I got mine mainly because of P4G but knowing I'd enjoy other games as well, if P4G is the only game you'll ever play then no, go replay it on your PS2.
---
Playing: Resident Evil 6 (PS3), Ni no Kuni (PS3), Ragnarok Odyssey (PSV), Disgaea 3 (PSV) MGS: Portable Ops (PSP), Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS)
#18RyuuHou25Posted 4/4/2013 9:19:24 PM
If you already have PS store stuff, believe me, it looks MUCH better on the Vita screen than the PSP.

I bought mine purely for P4G, and since I have Plus, I got all those as well. The only other physical games I have are Hot Shots and Disgaea 3, and imported Senran Kagura. I also bought NGS 2 Plus because I got the first free through Plus, and Razors Edge was coming out (is out now) so figured, hell, might as well have all of them.

Just stuff to consider when you come back to it.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#19XphoenixedgeXPosted 4/4/2013 9:45:52 PM
REMercsChamp posted...
I am not convinced that buying a vita right now would be a good option for me (just surfed the library on amazon). I'll wait until the summer goes on before deciding again

SMH

Why didn't you just do that in the first place instead of wasting peoples time here?

When summer does arrive, do yourself(and users here) a favor by deciding on your own with some basic research.
#20REMercsChamp(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2013 5:37:25 AM
XphoenixedgeX posted...
REMercsChamp posted...

SMH

Why didn't you just do that in the first place instead of wasting peoples time here?

When summer does arrive, do yourself(and users here) a favor by deciding on your own with some basic research.

Like I said, I was asking if there were more convincing reasons to buy it than just what's out right now. Sometimes there is news of games coming down the line but not put on gamefaqs due to not having an official release date, or things along those lines. Bottom line is, persona looks like an enhanced remake of a game I've already played and isn't worth buying a new system for. Sometimes it helps putting this in perspective by having a dialogue. I didn't see any reason given that would convince me to buy it at this point.
---
Official Drug Lord of the Random Insanity cartel family