So the why did sony Decide to put a weak ass graphics chip in this?

#51TheExiled280Posted 4/7/2013 5:51:06 PM
TheExiled280 posted...
From: TheApd_Returns | Posted: 4/7/2013 8:36:32 PM | #047
Sailor Goon posted...
a portable console that looks better graphically than the original xbox, and you're trying to say its weak? lol

GBA (2001) = SNES (1990)... 11 years to catch up
DS (2004) = N64 (1996)... 8 years to catch up
PSP (2004) = PS2 (2000)... 4 years to catch up
3DS (2011) = Xbox/Wii (2001/2006).... 10 or 5 years to catch up depending on how you want to look at it

I don't think saying that the PSVita beating the original Xbox is a huge compliment, considering that Vita is supposed to be the powerhouse of the two current handhelds, and the rate at which mobile technology is being improved, as demonstrated above, and the obvious rapid development of the iPhone/Android hardware sets.

since when is 3DS as strong as Wii?

Handhelds don't need to be as powerful to produce the same graphics because they are being made for a much smaller screen.

well, I meant when was 3DS considered equivalent to Wii. hell, Nintendo should port Xenoblade Chronicles. I would buy that game so hard...
---
Currently Playing: Naruto UN Storm 3(PS3), DoA5+(PSV), Persona 4 The Golden(PSV), Atelier Totori Plus(PSV), Unit 13(PSV) & Persona 4 Arena(PS3)
#52j2zon2591Posted 4/7/2013 6:11:58 PM
Nnamz posted...
DARQ MX posted...
I heard some sites say that is is just an underpowered Xbox 1 graphics chip... but still slightly better than the emotion engine. Idk the graphics on xbox seem to still be slightly better at least when it comes to aa and af and bitmapping.

There are PS3 and 360 games with terrible AA and bitmapping. Does that somehow make them worse looking than PS2 games with decent AA and bitmapping?

Uncharted Golden Abyss has virtually no Anti-Aliasing. There are tons of Xbox and PS2 games with better anti-aliasing than Golden Abyss. Yet GA ****'s all over them in terms of visuals. Heck, Orcarina of Time 3D has excellent Anti-Aliasing in 2D mode, but I don't think anyone in their right mind would say that's a better looking game than Luigi's Mansion, which features no anti-aliasing, but has real time lighting, better animation, better textures, interactive environments, and more detail overall.

Anti-Aliasing and bitmapping are nice, but they hardly make or break the overall visuals of a game. I'd rather they be sacrificed for physics, animation, textures, and lighting if given the choice.

That's why I am thankful for the varied approach of each developer in terms of graphics.

SS (questionable textures, below native, screen tearing [more effects, doesn't really slowdown]) vs Toukiden (simpler, cleaner, but occasionally lags).

I'm preferring native res most of the time though.. as I would lower other settings to get stabler frames at 1080p on PC.
#53NnamzPosted 4/7/2013 6:24:02 PM
j2zon2591 posted...
Nnamz posted...
DARQ MX posted...
I heard some sites say that is is just an underpowered Xbox 1 graphics chip... but still slightly better than the emotion engine. Idk the graphics on xbox seem to still be slightly better at least when it comes to aa and af and bitmapping.

There are PS3 and 360 games with terrible AA and bitmapping. Does that somehow make them worse looking than PS2 games with decent AA and bitmapping?

Uncharted Golden Abyss has virtually no Anti-Aliasing. There are tons of Xbox and PS2 games with better anti-aliasing than Golden Abyss. Yet GA ****'s all over them in terms of visuals. Heck, Orcarina of Time 3D has excellent Anti-Aliasing in 2D mode, but I don't think anyone in their right mind would say that's a better looking game than Luigi's Mansion, which features no anti-aliasing, but has real time lighting, better animation, better textures, interactive environments, and more detail overall.

Anti-Aliasing and bitmapping are nice, but they hardly make or break the overall visuals of a game. I'd rather they be sacrificed for physics, animation, textures, and lighting if given the choice.

That's why I am thankful for the varied approach of each developer in terms of graphics.

SS (questionable textures, below native, screen tearing [more effects, doesn't really slowdown]) vs Toukiden (simpler, cleaner, but occasionally lags).

I'm preferring native res most of the time though.. as I would lower other settings to get stabler frames at 1080p on PC.

Yeah I'm the opposite. I'd rather have a game loaded with effects and at a lower res than a simpler looking game at high res. Decent framerates are a must though......
---
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 4527 - 7250 - 9769 <-- Inbox me your FC.
#54jmtstanPosted 4/7/2013 6:50:01 PM
i rather has stronger battery life than putting lots of GPU that drains battery fast. My phone battery drains like mad when playing games like NFS Most Wanted in just 20 minutes.

I don't know your definition of great graphic, TC but I find Uncharted Golden Abyss graphic amazing.
---
New Vita owner!!!
PSN: jmtstan1138
#55DARQ MX(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2013 9:11:39 PM
jmtstan posted...
i rather has stronger battery life than putting lots of GPU that drains battery fast. My phone battery drains like mad when playing games like NFS Most Wanted in just 20 minutes.

I don't know your definition of great graphic, TC but I find Uncharted Golden Abyss graphic amazing.

yeah if you love low res textures and tons of jagged edges and lots of black artifacts to make up for shoddy distance scaling than sure. It's only cause the models look decent up close.
---
Intel i5 2500k+on FRIO|8GB G.Skill RipJaws|VelociRaptor, WD Fals|AsRock z68 Extreme 4 G3 |Sapphire 2GB 6970|Corsair 520W PSU|Corsair 500R & K90|Win 7 Pro 64
#56Sailor GoonPosted 4/7/2013 9:35:15 PM
Vita games are graphically higher than 3DS games and ios and Android games....and you're trying to say they're unimpressive lol
---
"A laptop is a handheld console" - LOL_FAQ
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh, NID: DanGogh
#57GloryChaosPosted 4/7/2013 9:59:34 PM
psp wasn't on par with ps2, it was close but not quite there.

Yeah. It was more like a ps1.5. You could look at games like dissidia for this.

As for the 3ds, it's stronger than the GameCube in pure stats in everything but clock speed and some other areas from what I've read.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
"Gravity Rush is 1458 Mb the 58 Mb should more then cover the missions/dialog/character models" - Demondog666
#58dingo8000Posted 4/8/2013 3:04:08 AM
TC may be right because even tegra 4 performs better than vita and nvidia's always behind the competition in terms of graphics.
But Sony might have a couple tricks up their sleeves because i think the vita's cpu and gpu are yet to be unlocked and they could even get more power by activating the forth cpu as it is used for the os but if they lower the footprint we might be seeing games getting high frame rates and actually run natively so less jaggies

But so far ios is destroying the vita's graphics with games like shadowgun , dead trigger , lili, need for speed as the car actually looks damaged and real boxing is ps4 quality
#59j2zon2591Posted 4/8/2013 3:19:08 AM
dingo8000 posted...
TC may be right because even tegra 4 performs better than vita and nvidia's always behind the competition in terms of graphics.
But Sony might have a couple tricks up their sleeves because i think the vita's cpu and gpu are yet to be unlocked and they could even get more power by activating the forth cpu as it is used for the os but if they lower the footprint we might be seeing games getting high frame rates and actually run natively so less jaggies

But so far ios is destroying the vita's graphics with games like shadowgun , dead trigger , lili, need for speed as the car actually looks damaged and real boxing is ps4 quality

I kinda agree to a point.. after using an iPad 4 and fiddled with an iP5.. I was disappointed by the VITA's graphics.. But I probably shouldn't much as it's cheaper than a VITA..

Then again, an iP5/iPad4 does much more and much better than the VITA.

The difference will only get worse in the years to come..

Sony really needs to churn their 1st party to make stellar VITA exclusives if the 3rd party support isn't as expected.. It's the only way to make it much more relevant and time will be against them with the speed of the competition both direct and indirect.

Unless, Sony's already done with the VITA and will just drag the mediocre situation (releasing a few questionable titles) just because it doesn't want to prematurely kill off the device until the PS4 is well established into the market.
#60j2zon2591Posted 4/8/2013 4:24:20 AM
j2zon2591 posted...
dingo8000 posted...

I kinda agree to a point.. after using an iPad 4 and fiddled with an iP5.. I was disappointed by the VITA's graphics.. But I probably shouldn't much as it's cheaper than a VITA..

Then again, an iP5/iPad4 does much more and much better than those.

The difference will only get worse in the years to come..

Sony really needs to churn their 1st party to make stellar VITA exclusives if the 3rd party support isn't as expected.. It's the only way to make it much more relevant and time will be against them with the speed of the competition both direct and indirect.

Unless, Sony's already done with the VITA and will just drag the mediocre situation (releasing a few questionable titles) just because it doesn't want to prematurely kill off the device until the PS4 is well established into the market.