How is MediEvil?

#1blueeee1234Posted 4/7/2013 2:40:52 PM
How is resurrection on the vita? Is the price on psn going to change?
#2Sami1000Posted 4/7/2013 3:57:46 PM
Its garbage. I bought it a while ago and it definitely wasn't worth the 16$ i paid for it. Few reasons why its bad game:

1. The biggest reason is the framerate which is horrible. Its jerky as hell and i its just poor optimization from devs. It doesn't seem bad at all in youtube videos but when you play it you will notice it. No matter where you are in the game it keeps stuttering and jerking.

2. Camera is pure crap. When you move left or right came starts slowly to turn behind you as its always is positioned behind you. You can't have free came angles or control it by your left analog stick due to coding.

3. Combat is extremely poor too. Camera is always positioned that way that its hard to tell how close the enemy is and your attack range is really bad too even when you are swinging two handed sword you have to go really close to the enemy to even hit them. Attacks don't even register properly which might be the framerate's fault.

There's only ONE thing keeping medievil from being 1/10 game and thats the humor and cut scenes which are great, oh and the music is really good too. Its really shame how horrible the game is otherwise. I would strongly suggest to not to ever buying it even if its 5$ as even thats too high price for that garbage.
#3Makoto_YukiPosted 4/7/2013 3:58:43 PM
Sami1000 posted...
Its garbage. I bought it a while ago and it definitely wasn't worth the 16$ i paid for it. Few reasons why its bad game:

1. The biggest reason is the framerate which is horrible. Its jerky as hell and i its just poor optimization from devs. It doesn't seem bad at all in youtube videos but when you play it you will notice it. No matter where you are in the game it keeps stuttering and jerking.

2. Camera is pure crap. When you move left or right came starts slowly to turn behind you as its always is positioned behind you. You can't have free came angles or control it by your left analog stick due to coding.

3. Combat is extremely poor too. Camera is always positioned that way that its hard to tell how close the enemy is and your attack range is really bad too even when you are swinging two handed sword you have to go really close to the enemy to even hit them. Attacks don't even register properly which might be the framerate's fault.

There's only ONE thing keeping medievil from being 1/10 game and thats the humor and cut scenes which are great, oh and the music is really good too. Its really shame how horrible the game is otherwise. I would strongly suggest to not to ever buying it even if its 5$ as even thats too high price for that garbage.

Well, there you have it! lol
---
Add Me! PSN: TheLimit32 4Ever Playing: P3P, P3: FES, P4G, And P4A {Main: Mitsuru <3}
I Love My Wife, Mitsuru Kirijo <3 http://i.imgur.com/5MMPUql.jpg
#4blueeee1234(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2013 4:25:10 PM
Sami1000 posted...

Oh that is disappointing

Well how is it one the ps1?

Sorry for the bad purchase
#5Sami1000Posted 4/7/2013 4:28:35 PM
blueeee1234 posted...
Sami1000 posted...

Oh that is disappointing

Well how is it one the ps1?

Sorry for the bad purchase

Hard to say as its been like 13-14 years when i last played it lol. I have watched some gameplay nostalgias sake but it seems like its aged badly. Medievil 2 was better but its not on psn.
#6ShadowOfTheKmanPosted 4/7/2013 4:57:55 PM
WHAT? The PSP Medievil is a GREAT game. Good level design, slightly challenging but not aggravating puzzles, amazing soundtrack, good combat, and good boss battles. Plus you have to explore to unlock everything (kill all enemies, find chalice). It's honestly a great game. I haven't had ANY issues with the camera. The framerate is NOT Bad at all! It goes anywhere from 30-60 FPS. Plus, the graphics are pretty good for a near-launch PSP game. I HIGHLY recommend it.
---
PSN and Steam ID: Kman2097
#TrickSwage
#7Guerrilla SoldierPosted 4/7/2013 5:00:22 PM
Depends on whether or not you played it when it first came out. If you're into graphics, you'll probably hate it and wonder why they didn't do a better job even though it came out about 15 years ago. But if you can accept that the graphics and camera control will be horrible, and allow yourself to step back into 1998, it's actually a pretty fun game that's definitely worth the price.

That's the first one. Haven't played 2.
---
Oakland A's fan: 1st in AL West
Keep the A's in Oakland! 2012 AL West Champs
#8ShadowOfTheKmanPosted 4/7/2013 5:04:45 PM
He asked about Resurrection, not the original.
---
#TrickSwage
#9Sami1000Posted 4/7/2013 5:25:34 PM
ShadowOfTheKman posted...
WHAT? The PSP Medievil is a GREAT game. Good level design, slightly challenging but not aggravating puzzles, amazing soundtrack, good combat, and good boss battles. Plus you have to explore to unlock everything (kill all enemies, find chalice). It's honestly a great game. I haven't had ANY issues with the camera. The framerate is NOT Bad at all! It goes anywhere from 30-60 FPS. Plus, the graphics are pretty good for a near-launch PSP game. I HIGHLY recommend it.

I respect your opinion but i same time wonder how you can actually enjoy the game? I mean i found it so bad that i couldn't endure another second of it.
#10ShadowOfTheKmanPosted 4/7/2013 7:45:05 PM
I enjoy the characters, the environment and music, the mini games, the thrill of wondering what you're gonna get when you go to the hall of heroes, and more. If you don't like this game you're probably some CoD kiddy or Xbot
---
#TrickSwage