Do people really think Vita is a flop?

#21halfelven23Posted 4/8/2013 12:11:14 AM
kcypher2000 posted...
Lelouch71 posted...
biggy204 posted...
PeteZaHutx posted...
Its the Best handheld device in terms of power of course , its called a flop due to lack of support, some devs already mentioned they wont localize some games due to low support here in the West.

Its basically the Wii U of Handheld gaming then. Yes i went this route, since both systems are doing very poorly in the West.

That's a poor comparison. The Wii U is only 4 months old. The Vita is 14 months old. The Wii U is already doing better than the Vita worldwide despite that. The Vita doesn't have a lot of known games coming out in the west. The Wii U has a few plus the potential of more being announce and localize.

If anything the Vita is the PS3 of handhelds. The only difference is it's not bleeding Sony a lot of money and even the PS3 did better with a $600 price tag which is pretty sad.

Not to mention the Vita is still failing in Japan. A price cut and its biggest Japanese release of the year and it beat the 3ds by 2k for one week. Not to mention those were low numbers for the 3ds.

Vitas best numbers would be considered the worst for the 3ds, fact that some people are delusional enough to think its okay now is just a testament to how much of a failure it has been before. Not like you could get much lower so of course it would only go up. Still a flop though.

eh? biggest japanese release? you mean soul sacrifice?
yeah right, that thing is not going to beat monhun numbers
#22xfactorPosted 4/8/2013 12:25:58 AM
Soul sacrifice being its biggest title is why it is flopping so hard here.
---
www.capcom.co.jp/bio6
#23LinkMaster2703Posted 4/8/2013 12:29:54 AM
TBH, people have deluded themselves into believing games that would be mediocre at best on any other system are good and that bad sales are good just because they're better than the horrible sales the Vita usually has. The Vita is the epitome of a flop: a system with great specs and hardware with almost unlimited potential that just doesn't have any games and sells like absolute garbage.
#24ukokira1Posted 4/8/2013 1:19:52 AM
It's a great handheld. It's a flop because it is selling rather poorly.
---
Look at you, soaring through the air like an bird... Piloting a blimp.
#25j2zon2591Posted 4/8/2013 3:10:32 AM
LinkMaster2703 posted...
TBH, people have deluded themselves into believing games that would be mediocre at best on any other system are good and that bad sales are good just because they're better than the horrible sales the Vita usually has. The Vita is the epitome of a flop: a system with great specs and hardware with almost unlimited potential that just doesn't have any games and sells like absolute garbage.

Great, barely utilized potential that far missed the sales projection of Sony (that have been reduced significantly.. twice) = flop.

Makes sense.

Still, depends on how you wanna use "flop".. Some will say "Wait til E3/2014/cycle end.."
#26Power TurtlePosted 4/8/2013 3:25:28 AM
TC. Your post is just "my opinion my opinion my opinion"

I agree, I love my Vita, only my PS3 gets more playtime than my Vita and own all current gen consoles (wiiu not included). But facts are facts and the Vita has had a VERY VERY rough first year+! Consumers know it, Retailers know it, Reviewers know it, EVEN SONY KNOWS IT, they admit its been a flop. Doesn't mean its going to fail and it doesn't mean they are going to give up on it.

The past month or so has been great for the Vita, its actually showing life for the first time in a year, and i really hope that keeps up. When people say the vita is a flop, they aren't saying it because they don't like the handheld (fanboys of other gaming devices not included).. because seriously, the Vita is an astonishing piece of technology in almost every way conceivable.. No, when they say its a flop, it is because statistically the Vitas sales and support form developers and retailers has been horrendous.
---
Freedom from the tyranny of Faith
May The Father of Understanding guide you to success.
#27Willie_MakeitPosted 4/8/2013 4:11:11 AM
Heh, heh, heh, he said flop.
---
Sig.
#28UniversquallPosted 4/8/2013 7:26:33 AM
Really? Possibly
Is it based on what Wii60 worker Kcy says? Nope
---
Nintendo4Lyfe
#29Lazy JonesPosted 4/8/2013 7:50:53 AM
well, until this topic I hadn't seen anyone use the word "flop" for like a month >_>

I was going to say that too. Not too much flop talk anymore.
---
This is gonna sound weird, but for a second, I think you took on the shape of a unicorn
PSN:drpokerface
#30siberian142Posted 4/8/2013 8:05:07 AM
You can already play all those PSP games on a PSP. Sure, they give people a lot of great games to play on their Vita, but they're typically not going to sell the system. Some may buy it to catch up on what they missed, but most people will buy it to play Vita games.

It is a great, well built system, but it's struggling a bit and some might consider it to be gamble to own at the moment.