Tales games not being released on vita due to poor sales

#31yohvsnarutoPosted 4/10/2013 3:31:33 PM
Suichimo posted...
Newhopes posted...
Both Vita Tales games flopped in Japan where the series sells the best, so did you really expect them to release them in the west .

For those wondering, Garaph gives these numbers for the units sold:

Tales of Innocence(DS): 246,420
Tales of Hearts**(DS): 261,751

Tales of Innocence R(PSV): 57,838

Not sure on Tales of Hearts R because it fell off the charts very quickly, it was just under 70,000 the week before it fell off, and Garaph doesn't seem to have updated to included March's numbers yet. So lets give it a nice estimate of 90,000.

These are Famitsu numbers, not Mediacreate, so if they're slightly off from what you remember that is why.

** - Tales of Hearts on the DS includes the sales of both the CGI and the Anime art style versions.

StrikeNinja24 posted...
No VS or RM 2/3?

Tried to focus on the ones a bit more relevant, in this case the DS remakes and making fun of ToT.

I can give you the numbers for those three though.

Tales of VS: 238,200 - This one actually interested me, especially because I thought Lloyd would've been a good addition to Brawl.

Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 2: 317,730
Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 3: 278,359

Didn't pay much attention to those titles.

StrikeNinja24 posted...
Considering both Abyss and Graces sold awful, Im going to call bull.

Do you mean over here or in general? Because I remember Bamco saying that Abyss was actually pretty successful for what they were expecting over here.
Why would anyone care about Versus it sucked.
---
ssbb code :2364-4568-8421
jus code :4641 2665 6784
#32StrikeNinja24Posted 4/10/2013 3:52:50 PM
yohvsnaruto posted...
Suichimo posted...
Newhopes posted...
Both Vita Tales games flopped in Japan where the series sells the best, so did you really expect them to release them in the west .

For those wondering, Garaph gives these numbers for the units sold:

Tales of Innocence(DS): 246,420
Tales of Hearts**(DS): 261,751

Tales of Innocence R(PSV): 57,838

Not sure on Tales of Hearts R because it fell off the charts very quickly, it was just under 70,000 the week before it fell off, and Garaph doesn't seem to have updated to included March's numbers yet. So lets give it a nice estimate of 90,000.

These are Famitsu numbers, not Mediacreate, so if they're slightly off from what you remember that is why.

** - Tales of Hearts on the DS includes the sales of both the CGI and the Anime art style versions.

StrikeNinja24 posted...
No VS or RM 2/3?

Tried to focus on the ones a bit more relevant, in this case the DS remakes and making fun of ToT.

I can give you the numbers for those three though.

Tales of VS: 238,200 - This one actually interested me, especially because I thought Lloyd would've been a good addition to Brawl.

Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 2: 317,730
Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 3: 278,359

Didn't pay much attention to those titles.

StrikeNinja24 posted...

Do you mean over here or in general? Because I remember Bamco saying that Abyss was actually pretty successful for what they were expecting over here.

There is much worse in the Tales series that people keep asking for. Like Tempest.

If Abyss 3DS was expecting to sell 35k, then I guess that is successful
---
Xbox & PS3 gametag = StrikeNinja24
And if Strike didn't stroke his own peen, then nobody would. - Super-Pangolin
#33xfactorPosted 4/10/2013 4:02:28 PM
StrikeNinja24 posted...
NettoSaito posted...
This is why we haven't got Tales of games for years. See the only reason we got Graces f is because Namco held a contest on Twitter. Fans got to vote for ONE game to be brought over here, and the game with the most requests would win. Tales of Graces f got the most requests, they did what they said they would do and released it here, and it actually sold well. That's why they are now releasing Tales of Xillia.

As for Tales of the Abyss 3D, that is another story. Tales of the Abyss was extremely rare to find on the PS2, and people were asking Namco Bandai if they would release the 3DS version (which was coming out in Japan) over here as well. Well originally they didn't plan on it, but they decided to have a secret reprint of the PS2 version to see how well it would sell. Just randomly one week hundreds of "used" copies of Abyss showed up in GameStops across the country (I got one ^_^), and they actually sold. That's why they decided to release the 3DS version here as well.

Really, I don't see why Namco doesn't release a few of the PSP games on PSN to see how they do. ToE was actually released on the PSP in the EU region, and there is also Tales of the World (1) that they could put out. It would be a good test, and it would be a cheaper way of doing things.

Tales of abyss is a success

http://m.asia.gamespot.com/news/tales-of-xillia-getting-western-release-6385882
---
www.capcom.co.jp/bio6
#34SuichimoPosted 4/10/2013 4:32:49 PM
StrikeNinja24 posted...
yohvsnaruto posted...

There is much worse in the Tales series that people keep asking for. Like Tempest.

If Abyss 3DS was expecting to sell 35k, then I guess that is successful

@yohvsnaruto

Didn't say I cared. I said it looked interesting. I never owned a PSP so the most I could do was look on.

And as Strike said, if you want a bad Tales game, look no further than Tempest. It is the game that actually split the series into Mothership and Companion titles, just so Bamco could kick it out of the main Tales games.

@StrikeNinja24

I'm not sure what Abyss 3DS sold, NPD doesn't give a whole lot of info out anymore. What I can say is that Bamco was happy with the sales, the games sold out of its first run, and I believe a second run was even made.
---
Aries- The look on your face will be priceless when you find that forty pound watermelon in you colon. -Weird Al
#35SaintdantePosted 4/10/2013 5:27:44 PM
Where's the "It's Namco Bandai" option in the poll?
#36sharinguyPosted 4/10/2013 5:50:44 PM
StrikeNinja24 posted...
sharinguy posted...
that is just an excuse for namco's incompetence P4G and Disgaea 3 have both sold more than graces f, abyss and legendia in NA despite the vita's userbase being smaller than the ps3/ps2 userbase.

That is not saying much, none of then got close to 100k, because the niche fanbase just isnt there.

I wouldnt be surprised if it was mostly the same people buying all of those games.

P4G sold aroun mid 50k on the first month so I wouldn't be surprised if it's gotten to 100k in NA or close to it.
---
PSN: Dorman_777
Pokemon Black FC: 5414-9379-0757