Now Vita no longer flop in Japan, does it stil flop in the US & Europe?

#21Nickcool1996Posted 4/10/2013 2:57:39 PM
Lord_Vishana posted...
Nickcool1996 posted...
Lord_Vishana posted...
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/380/079/bc9.gif

Anime name. Nao. Plox.

It's called Plastic Nee-San.

To N_1: Sorry. :-(

I need a new stop posting gif hehe. Maybe a Walking Dead one. :-)

That was so legendary. Thanks xD
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Nickcool1996?feature=mhum
i343.photobucket.com/albums/o451/Behiimosu/dickkick.jpg
#22Stefan1277Posted 4/10/2013 3:03:29 PM
No longer a flop? The thing is dropping down on sales again. Denial doesn't help the community.
---
I'm a ninja. (You can't see me)
http://colorslive.com/author.php?page=1&id=38434
#23xXkewls0358Posted 4/10/2013 3:04:15 PM
DalekZero posted...
StrikeNinja24 posted...
krizz07 posted...
where do you see the monthly sales in the us & europe?

Look up NPD numbers for the US. It is selling worse weekly than Japan is.

I blame lack of overall awareness of what the damn thing is. I have never seen a vita commercial, yet I see a 3ds one weekly (and I don't watch tv that much). Everybody knows what a 3ds is, and according to one of my friends who found out I own a vita: "it's a cool system, but its kinda a joke since nobody has one".

I think plenty know what it is. It's either a watered down portable PS2/3 for gamers/gaming, a memory ripoff generator for those who see value, or just something thats more inconvenient than smartphones/etc for mainstream... just depending on who you ask.
---
fEeD mEh!!1
#24DalekZeroPosted 4/10/2013 3:06:34 PM
xXkewls0358 posted...
DalekZero posted...
StrikeNinja24 posted...
krizz07 posted...
where do you see the monthly sales in the us & europe?

Look up NPD numbers for the US. It is selling worse weekly than Japan is.

I blame lack of overall awareness of what the damn thing is. I have never seen a vita commercial, yet I see a 3ds one weekly (and I don't watch tv that much). Everybody knows what a 3ds is, and according to one of my friends who found out I own a vita: "it's a cool system, but its kinda a joke since nobody has one".

I think plenty know what it is. It's either a watered down portable PS2/3 for gamers/gaming, a memory ripoff generator for those who see value, or just something thats more inconvenient than smartphones/etc for mainstream... just depending on who you ask.

Plenty who play video games semi-regularly know what it is. But there's a difference between knowing something exists and knowing what it is, what it does.
---
PSN: Dalek-Zero-
"This poo is not worthy of my diaper! But it might make a good coaster for my drink!"
#25REMercsChampPosted 4/10/2013 3:18:08 PM
http://thevitalounge.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/poor-sales.jpg
---
Official Drug Lord of the Random Insanity cartel family
#26NotoriousJEEBUSPosted 4/10/2013 3:37:30 PM
I hate to say it, but I had to give up and sell my Vita. I only had two games and played them both once before the console just became a dust covered paperweight.

I was fine with the price of the console and the ridiculous price of the memory cards, but the lack of amazing games and no "must have exclusives" on the horizon made me decide to sell. I didn't want to get stuck with a dead system or a system that was going to price drop and lose value before it even got a handful of good games.

I've owned every Sony console and I hope that the Vita pulls through and redeems itself. Unfortunately, the advanced system and the lack of games just reminded of the dreaded Virtual Boy (not saying that the Vita was that bad--because it is a great system, just no games).

Good luck guys. If Sony gets it's act together and makes this system's library a winner (or manages to get Konami to release Suikoden 6 exclusively on the Vita) I'll be back.
#27Jrx1Posted 4/11/2013 10:44:37 PM
lol @ no longer flop in Japan.
---
Official Arceus of the Pokemon X and Y boards
~The God of Pokemon!~
#28NotoriousJEEBUSPosted 4/12/2013 4:30:07 PM
Jrx1 posted...

Really? You had to crawl all the way over here from the Pokemon/3ds board to drop that waste of text? If you're going to post something negative, at least have it be constructive or relevant.

Anyways, I really do hope the Vita turns around because it would be a great addition to the PS4 and would make the WiiU nearly obsolete. Unfortunately, right now it's about as useful/successful as the PlayStation Move.
#29ZendaikPosted 4/12/2013 4:40:19 PM
NotoriousJEEBUS posted...
Jrx1 posted...

Really? You had to crawl all the way over here from the Pokemon/3ds board to drop that waste of text? If you're going to post something negative, at least have it be constructive or relevant.

Anyways, I really do hope the Vita turns around because it would be a great addition to the PS4 and would make the WiiU nearly obsolete. Unfortunately, right now it's about as useful/successful as the PlayStation Move.

How would it make the Wii U obsolete when the best games on the Wii U won't be on the Vita? Stuff like Zelda, 3D Mario, X, SMT x FE, Monster Hunter, etc.
---
Monster Hunter Tri, Kid Icarus: Uprising IDs: Kirolos
#30Megaman OmegaPosted 4/12/2013 5:20:07 PM

Did that one-liner really make you that butthurt? Wow.

He's right, by the way. The price drop was supposed to save the system, instead it's going back to its old numbers. It just had two big weekly drops. When the 3DS had a price drop, it actually stayed up there instead of going down again.
---
Most publishes have nothing to do with the games they publish. - Sailor Goon
The Vita pushed out more launches than 3DS in the same time frame. - Sailor Goon