What Indie game are you looking forward to?

#41KARGOOPosted 4/11/2013 4:35:02 PM
as long as it's no japanese wrestling game my answer is NONE
#42cheezedadadaPosted 4/11/2013 5:03:21 PM
I looked into the Malicious/indie topic because I am bored and waiting for my dinner to finish. Alvion does in fact develop and publish the game over in japan so they are independent....so it explains why that game was listed as indie. The US port will require the 3rd party publisher which blurs the lines a little for that particular release.
---
"And the companies get those blank dvds for pennies, burn to them, then sell them for $60. That's ok?"
-TheGlow
#43j2zon2591Posted 4/11/2013 5:08:25 PM
cheezedadada posted...
I looked into the Malicious/indie topic because I am bored and waiting for my dinner to finish. Alvion does in fact develop and publish the game over in japan so they are independent....so it explains why that game was listed as indie. The US port will require the 3rd party publisher which blurs the lines a little for that particular release.

Probably that then.. I find it hard to enjoy low PV games unless they're free.

Wish some indie'd make a Dead Trigger rip-off for the VITA (3d not 2d sprites).
#44cheezedadadaPosted 4/11/2013 5:11:49 PM
j2zon2591 posted...
cheezedadada posted...

Probably that then.. I find it hard to enjoy low PV games unless they're free.

Wish some indie'd make a Dead Trigger rip-off for the VITA (3d not 2d sprites).

I have Dead Trigger on my Iphone and that game looks pretty damn nice for an iOS game. I read that it was originally a paid app, but the devs claimed there was a ridiculously high amount of piracy being done so they switched to free-to-play with in app purchases.
---
"And the companies get those blank dvds for pennies, burn to them, then sell them for $60. That's ok?"
-TheGlow
#45GeminiX7Posted 4/11/2013 5:15:00 PM
Wait..... Terraria is being put on the Vita??!?!?!?!?

So happy!

Only way I'd be happier is if they brought Minecraft to PS3(I know Vita would be too much to ask for). Anyone know how up to date it will be compared to PC version?
---
"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
#46cheezedadadaPosted 4/11/2013 5:18:24 PM
GeminiX7 posted...
Wait..... Terraria is being put on the Vita??!?!?!?!?

So happy!

Only way I'd be happier is if they brought Minecraft to PS3(I know Vita would be too much to ask for). Anyone know how up to date it will be compared to PC version?

Yup, its coming this summer!

All I have really seen is:

The Vita version will support up to eight simultaneous players online plus competitive leaderboards and its own set of Trophies. No price or release date was confirmed, but 505 hinted that “more details will follow, so stay tuned for further announcements.”

Most of the other details are unknown at this point, but I assume its going to be a very competent port. The 360 port ended up being really good so I have high hopes for it.
---
-TheGlow
#47R2BDSiPosted 4/11/2013 6:04:03 PM
rain
#48Lord_VishanaPosted 4/11/2013 6:07:07 PM
cheezedadada posted...
StrikeNinja24 posted...
cheezedadada posted...
StrikeNinja24 posted...

Ok learn what an indie game is.

Though now that title means jack now that publishers are funding these projects.

With that being said, Ill live with the cheap stuff on Steam. Terraria for 2 bucks? Yes please.

OK tough guy.

I took the list of indie/downloadable games and pasted it in the thread. Relax.

There is no exact widely-accepted definition of what constitutes an "indie game".[4][5][6][7] However, generally indie games share certain commonalities. Indie games are developed by individuals, small teams, or small independent companies.[5][8][9] And, typically, indie games are smaller than mainstream titles.

Which is exactly why the term "indie game" means nothing like it used to. In fact, I solely believe that indie games should be reviewed according to main stream standards, as "innovation" and "nostalgia" influences people way more than it should.

No, I agree. The term "indie game" has been butchered to pieces and means nothing now. I just wanted to let you know that's a copy paste job so I can't vouch for anything 100% on there but they were all listed as indie/downloadables on one site or another.

Not sure if Lord V's comment was mocking me or not :p but the dev of that game publishes their own work so it's technically indie isn't it? I understand that in order for it to come here it would need a 3rd party publisher and of course that changes everything but I still have it listed as indie. Really, I am just here to chat about games. If any of those games are not indie, oh well.. But I'm still looking forward to all of them.

No I honestly wasn't mocking you, my apologies if I gave that impression. ;-)
---
A Night At The Woodbury - http://i.imgur.com/985hj47.gif 3DS FC: 3394-3716-0128 Vita PSN: Queen_Sialeeds
#49gamemaster712Posted 4/11/2013 6:14:41 PM
Mostly Walking dead and Limbo, even though I got stuck on 360 version...
---
Lord of gaming!!! (probably)
#50townparkradioPosted 4/11/2013 6:15:15 PM
None of them. I want AAA titles from experienced developers, not amusing distractions that last 10 hours and have no replay value whatsoever (Guacamelee, Retro City Rampage).