Why doesnt Sony pay SE 40 million to localize Type-0 for Vita

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Why doesnt Sony pay SE 40 million to localize Type-0 for Vita
2 years ago#1
That is the #1 thing they could do to get sales.
2 years ago#2
you do realise it is a PSP game not a Vita game right?
Currently Playing: Uncharted Golden Abyss, Persona 4 Golden
PSN: ItaStallion
2 years ago#3
playable on both consoles. even better.
Alright, let's do this
2 years ago#4
40 million riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiht
PSN: bulletproofvita
Online with DOA5+ and Wipeout2048
2 years ago#5
lol dude 40 million is full fledge ps3/360 AAA game with marketing included that's way to much money.

But if i was sony i would cough up some money it would really help the vita out to have a game like ff type zero. So would having monster hunter that's all they needed to have success in japan and they let nintendo get it
ff7,smt persona 4, tales of symponia=best games in their respective series
2 years ago#6
didn't they say they were going to bring it to the US and make like a better vita version?
Favorite shows:Arrested development and firefly.
If you're a Christian you're cool. If you're not you're still cool I don't care.
2 years ago#7
No can do, SE is too busy making and thinking up the next FF13 related thing they can throw at us.
2 years ago#8
Idk why they don't just port it to vita, I mean it is a FF, it is going to sell well just for the name so it is not much risk.
2 years ago#9
A system seller for you isn't a system seller for everyone else. It's also possible that Final Fantasy is facing a decline in popularity with the poor reception of the last few games in the series. XIII sold well but XIII-2 didn't and XIV has performed very poorly from what I understand.

Paying a company to localize the game also means Sony are paying for something they don't and won't own and that isn't something companies like to do.
JRPG fans, support our struggle: http://chn.ge/SsowWy
Like our cause: https://www.facebook.com/OperationDemonBane
2 years ago#10
I read UC2's cost was 20m

With 40m, IMO; their safest bet is to have their best teams to co-develop a full COD 2013 port that plays 8v8 perfectly against consoles and still have the option for a VITA only lobby..

Include all modes/ fullcampaign.. Graphics are/is the only difference.. nothing else.

(Even the Wii had a CODMW3 port)

Part of the budget is to buffer for a $ 179.99 BF/X'mas COD 2013 VITA Bundle.

If that doesn't save the VITA..
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Why doesnt Sony pay SE 40 million to localize Type-0 for Vita

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived