The sales of Vita games aren't accurate

#31LemonKweenstaaaPosted 4/17/2013 4:37:21 PM
Compass posted...
ServantOfSony Vitassurance topic of the day.

Goes down smooth.

ROFL
---
Official Orange Sherbet of the IDF
31,795 > 66,980 -Sailor Goon
#32Hercik1Posted 4/17/2013 4:40:36 PM
Bikes- posted...
Human-Bean posted...
Newhopes posted...
Laughable thread no evidence to back it up and assumes that the Vita digital sales are vastly superior to the competition.

When did I compare the sales of the Vita against its competition. I've just stated why Vita software sales figures are inaccurate, it's not a hard concept to grasp.

Human-Bean posted...
The Vita may seem to have lower software sales than its competitor and, the reason is that most games are sold digitally

Way to forget your first sentence of the topic >_>

To be fair he may have thought servant said that. Having two accounts gets confusing.
#33SuichimoPosted 4/17/2013 5:14:41 PM
Human-Bean posted...
stargazer64 posted...
gamewhooper181 posted...
If Vita's digital sales were great, Sony would toot their own horn

Exactly.

Unless of course they forgot to include the ability for themselves to track total download sales. Which I believe may have happened, given their incompetence.

Companies generally don't publish software sales to the public unless there is a significant milestone that has been met. Sony realises that informing the public of such data is useless, it won't affect the Vita. Frivolous practices such as this are not indicative of success.

Um... companies generally DO publish software sales to the public. Go and look at the end of every fiscal year, maybe even quarter. The information is easily obtainable. They provide this mainly for their shareholders, as they are corporations, but everyone has access to it. In these you can find LTD numbers of their own games and typically a release list of what they intend to release in the near future. You should be able to find it on a given company's web page easily enough.
---
Aries- The look on your face will be priceless when you find that forty pound watermelon in you colon. -Weird Al
#34SagadegoPosted 4/17/2013 5:40:19 PM
LemonKweenstaaa posted...
Compass posted...
ServantOfSony Vitassurance topic of the day.

Goes down smooth.

ROFL

indeed. also bleah at my older post. I zoned out during that one.
---
Why did Nintendo rip off digimon?- Demondog666
#35GeassMasterPosted 4/17/2013 5:50:48 PM
Digital sales seem to be around %15-20 of a game's total sales. Assassin's Creed Liberation sold around 120,000 digital copies total, going by figures from a couple of months ago.

Digital sales are important for publishers but no need to over-exaggerate.
---
Now Playing: FotNS: Ken's Rage 2,Battlefield 3(PC), Atelier Totori+ , Ninja Gaiden Sigma+, Drakengard,Sengoku Basara HD Collection
I Have A Huge Backlog.
#36CompassPosted 4/17/2013 6:02:30 PM
Hercik1 posted...
Bikes- posted...
Human-Bean posted...
Newhopes posted...
Laughable thread no evidence to back it up and assumes that the Vita digital sales are vastly superior to the competition.

When did I compare the sales of the Vita against its competition. I've just stated why Vita software sales figures are inaccurate, it's not a hard concept to grasp.

Human-Bean posted...
The Vita may seem to have lower software sales than its competitor and, the reason is that most games are sold digitally

Way to forget your first sentence of the topic >_>

To be fair he may have thought servant said that. Having two accounts gets confusing.

lmao. Poor SoEBean.
#37AceAndJunpeiPosted 4/17/2013 6:23:15 PM
If only Nintendo somehow offered digital downloads...why can't they be more like Sony?!1111!1!1!20
---
Now Playing: Fire Emblem Awakening (9/10), Maintenance(PS3),Maintenance (PS3), Maintenance (PS3)
#38BuretsuPosted 4/17/2013 6:36:20 PM
AceAndJunpei posted...
If only Nintendo somehow offered digital downloads...why can't they be more like Sony?!1111!1!1!20

C'mon, you just lobbed a softball. Now someone's going to claim that nobody does digital downloads with Nintendo because they don't have an account system.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#39ikaruga0101Posted 4/17/2013 6:50:56 PM
squatch22 posted...
Source?
Give us some figures of this claim.

That IS the problem TC is talking about. We don't have sources so the only thing we can do is to speculate and speculate badly.

Buretsu posted...
AceAndJunpei posted...

C'mon, you just lobbed a softball. Now someone's going to claim that nobody does digital downloads with Nintendo because they don't have an account system.

The only Nintendo system I'm aware that has all games available on digital form is the WiiU and we all know how "great" that is going. The 3DS is more like the PSP, where only a some games got digital download versions. I just browsed the Nintendo(from Japan) Store catalog and notice there were only 230 3DS games available, the majority of them being similar to PS Minis.
The account system is just icing on the **** cake that is their online system.
#40AceAndJunpeiPosted 4/17/2013 7:18:02 PM
Buretsu posted...
AceAndJunpei posted...

Lol, you were right.
---
Now Playing: Fire Emblem Awakening (9/10), Maintenance(PS3),Maintenance (PS3), Maintenance (PS3)