How have your tastes changed since you started gaming?

#1yankee6903Posted 4/19/2013 6:17:17 PM
If they have?

When I was a young whippersnapper I would love to play RPG. Didnt matter which one...any game that looked remotely like a RPG I would go to the game stores weekly and stare at the back box art. I would save my pence for weeks, if not months, and make the purchase. I would play for hours on end, all nights, weekends etc. SPend hours grinding, exploring, or finding out every secret myself

Fast forward to today and I love gaming as much, if not more. Problem is I am so damn busy I dont have time to game as much. I find I like shorter, and different genres, of games. I also find that since I have money now I dont have that anticipation of saving and buying. SO many games are made now, and they are much easier to get. I also find that instead of doing all that time consuming gaming, since I only get an hour or two a day, that I even *gasp* use guides since I am so impatient.

Thoughts or your experiences?
---
ServantOfErieos posted...
What people don't realise is that I post from the heart, and the heart filters lie. So you can't lie to me.
#2stargazer64Posted 4/19/2013 6:20:01 PM
I used to like shmups and platformers and action games and the occasional fps. I still do.

I used to have more patience for sports games.
---
This is superfrog HD! it's in HD dammit! - mike_411
#3somebody336Posted 4/19/2013 6:21:46 PM
I used to like RPG's and story based games. Now I just want quick action mostly.
---
http://crabdom.cu.cc/forums/index.php
Fc: 0490-5171-0607
#4LitCandlezPosted 4/19/2013 6:25:56 PM
I barely even remember when I started gaming. I remember a crappy racing game vaguely.

My brother used to call my Xbox the Shootbox360. I had tons of shooters for it. Now I only play the occasional shooter
---
GAMEFAQS- Where posting a different opinion is trolling, and moderators are always right! We all love this website!
I have a Vita-PSN LitCandles
#5Merc123Posted 4/19/2013 6:27:47 PM
Back when i was a kid i played platformers like Spyro or extreme sports games like Tony Hawk Pro Skater. Those were easily the games that defined me growing up. Donkey Kong Country was my first game i ever played though. The Theme Park games were pretty awesome too.

Nowadays i go in for the open world games like Fallout and Elder Scrolls, or in depth story RPG's like Dragon Age and Persona. I still play a wide variety of games but those are the ones i like the best.

I recently got the Spyro games on PSN and it has been great reliving those. Its kind of hard to believe i struggled with them a bit back in the day, and now they are so freaking easy.
#6MetalZoicPosted 4/19/2013 6:31:05 PM
somebody336 posted...
I used to like RPG's and story based games. Now I just want quick action mostly.

Kind of the same for me. I used to love rpg's, but got sick of all the gender confused main characters and cliché stories.
#7poopfeasts420Posted 4/19/2013 6:32:15 PM
I was just thinking about this a few days ago. When I was younger I was more into action-y games like platformers and shooters and whatnot. Now, I like the slower paced games like RPGs. Pretty much anything that doesn't require me to pay attention as much.
---
I AM DAVE EXCLAMATION MARK YOGNAUGHT
#8NnamzPosted 4/19/2013 6:33:42 PM
Definitely. I don't play many RPG's anymore. Ain't nobody got time for dat.
---
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 4527 - 7250 - 9769 <-- Inbox me your FC.
#9wesker741Posted 4/19/2013 6:49:41 PM
Merc123 posted...
Back when i was a kid i played platformers like Spyro or extreme sports games like Tony Hawk Pro Skater. Those were easily the games that defined me growing up. Donkey Kong Country was my first game i ever played though. The Theme Park games were pretty awesome too.

Nowadays i go in for the open world games like Fallout and Elder Scrolls, or in depth story RPG's like Dragon Age and Persona. I still play a wide variety of games but those are the ones i like the best.

I recently got the Spyro games on PSN and it has been great reliving those. Its kind of hard to believe i struggled with them a bit back in the day, and now they are so freaking easy.

Are we the same person? :O
---
"Do not fear the AI director, for Coach, Louis, and the Holy Chocolate protect all who believe in them."
Pills 2:17
#10gotrdid9090Posted 4/19/2013 6:55:43 PM
i used to mostly play rpgs, open world, and fps games, then i got out of rpgs and openworld games for a long time (couldnt find the time or motivation to play through a 20-50 hour game) then i stopped having fun with fps games and started playing nothing but fighting games, now im sinking my time into fighting games, playing rpgs again, and having alot of fun with sidescrollers and arcade games