Psp sold 1.12 million units in 5 months than vita with 1 million in a year..

#31moogle69Posted 4/20/2013 7:54:47 PM
silent_slime posted...
smelly_boob posted...
ok....well in december 2005, nobody had smartphones and there were not a plethora of free to $0.99 mobile games to have the psp compete against.....

And the economy was better in '05.

The 3ds makes this entire argument useless.
---
3DSXL FC: 0087-3600-6980, PSP/PS3 PSN ID: snoteat01 WIIU ID: Chaosking
Currently playing: Xenoblade, SMG2, Dissidia012, Radiant H, TOTA3DS, R&CHD, OkamiHD
#32DarthFloatyPosted 4/20/2013 8:24:09 PM
Yaboy125 posted...
if not released simultaneously, there is no way to compare sales numbers.

vastly different worlds, these 2 systems were released into.

Personally I disagree. The reason being that it can show trends in the market and maybe give some advice as to what could happen in the future. The point being, these trends point to the Vita selling worse than the PSP in it's first few years (no crap), and allowing us to wonder what could change these trends or at the very least what forms them.
#33Steve_TeddiePosted 4/20/2013 8:26:23 PM
If Sony made Nintendo's portables we'd all be happy.
#34mike_411Posted 4/20/2013 8:30:59 PM(edited)
moogle69 posted...
silent_slime posted...
smelly_boob posted...
ok....well in december 2005, nobody had smartphones and there were not a plethora of free to $0.99 mobile games to have the psp compete against.....

And the economy was better in '05.

The 3ds makes this entire argument useless.

Really? How well did the original DS sell when compared to the 3DS? Better? Worse?
Curiosity strikes me. Someone compare the two systems sales after a year, if you will...

EDIT: It seems the 3DS performed far better than DS in it's first year afterall. Carry on then.
---
Hardcore Naoto fan.
"I'd rather kill that monkey than have sex with that dog." -Paul Ryckert
#35Yaboy125Posted 4/20/2013 8:41:05 PM
DarthFloaty posted...
Yaboy125 posted...

Personally I disagree. The reason being that it can show trends in the market and maybe give some advice as to what could happen in the future. The point being, these trends point to the Vita selling worse than the PSP in it's first few years (no crap), and allowing us to wonder what could change these trends or at the very least what forms them.

Yes, but the PSP had no predecessor. The Vita has the PSP. A lot of people are not adopting as quickly as they did with the PSP, because... they have the PSP.

Also, vastly different economies. Entertainment spending is vastly reduced across all mediums.
---
Have you read the Old Testament? **** goes down in that. -RinkuTanuki
#36DarthFloatyPosted 4/20/2013 8:51:03 PM
Yaboy125 posted...
DarthFloaty posted...
Yaboy125 posted...

Yes, but the PSP had no predecessor. The Vita has the PSP. A lot of people are not adopting as quickly as they did with the PSP, because... they have the PSP.

Also, vastly different economies. Entertainment spending is vastly reduced across all mediums.

Far enough about the predecessor. I didn't think about that, but that's a really valid point. I'm pretty sure the PSP is still getting some support, at least in Japan. That would certainly influence it.

I'm not disagreeing, but are you sure about that? I seem to recall that movies often do better in poor economic times, as they provide people an escape. And as has been pointed out, the 3DS is doing better than the DS did in the same time frame, despite the DS getting heavy support for quite some time after the 3DS came out (including a Pokemon game, for heaven's sake).
#37Yaboy125Posted 4/21/2013 12:31:44 PM
DarthFloaty posted...
Yaboy125 posted...
DarthFloaty posted...
Yaboy125 posted...

Far enough about the predecessor. I didn't think about that, but that's a really valid point. I'm pretty sure the PSP is still getting some support, at least in Japan. That would certainly influence it.

I'm not disagreeing, but are you sure about that? I seem to recall that movies often do better in poor economic times, as they provide people an escape. And as has been pointed out, the 3DS is doing better than the DS did in the same time frame, despite the DS getting heavy support for quite some time after the 3DS came out (including a Pokemon game, for heaven's sake).

Movies ALWAYS do better, because they measure $, not butts in seats.

If they measured butts in seats, Casablanca is still the most successful movie to date. You know why? Limited TV, no home releases, you wanted to see that movie, you WENT TO AND SAW that movie. You wanted to see it again? You went to it again.

Different times.
---
Have you read the Old Testament? **** goes down in that. -RinkuTanuki
#38Shadowfxd2Posted 4/21/2013 2:24:23 PM
smelly_boob posted...

If this were even remotely a factor of vita sales, then 3ds wouldn't be outpacing original ds.
---
http://i.imgur.com/NbGmq.jpg, http://i.imgur.com/ARXXY.jpg
Equals: http://i.imgur.com/ZpBae.jpg, Hmmm: http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/29629070.jpg