FFX FFX-2 HD pricing and release dates

#51ReloadPsiPosted 4/22/2013 1:49:45 AM
Can we skip the cutscenes this time? I really didn't care for FFX's voice acting.
---
If you've no respect for the fact that people have put the time aside to play a game with you, play a single-player game. There are thousands to choose from.
#52noutBrPosted 4/22/2013 1:52:11 AM
OtakuGamera posted...
its not the price its the principle , when you can collections like sly cooper for for the same price VS. this ,you begin to question the logic behind their decisions.

sly is a basic port, this is a much more enchanced port, they even remade the characters and environments

Yet this is not even close to being worth such pricetags, a game like REmake was more than worth paying full price for. Asking full retail price for decade old games that are slightly enhanced to not look like crap on HD screens is ridiculous. The fact that so many of you are more than eager to pay that much is the reason why publishers put that pricetag on these games in the first place.

FFX is one of my favourite RPGs and it was an important factor for buying my Vita but if I have to pay 80,- for FFX and FFX-2 on my Vita they can say goodbye to my money. I can buy at least 2-3 great NEW games for that kind of money, probably more because new games seem to drop in price rather quick nowdays.

I hope these rumours are BS and S-E decides to charge 15-25 a piece and 30-40 for the two of them, that seems more than enough to cover the development costs (we're talking about PORTS) AND give them a very good profit.
---
m e g a m a n f o r e v e r
#53OtakuGameraPosted 4/22/2013 1:53:43 AM
Yet this is not even close to being worth such pricetags, a game like REmake was more than worth paying full price for. Asking full retail price for decade old games that are slightly enhanced to not look like crap on HD screens is ridiculous. The fact that so many of you are more than eager to pay that much is the reason why publishers put that pricetag on these games in the first place.

why not? Persona 4 is 40$
---
PSVita no games? http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/64767381
http://www.atlus.com/res/p4g_faithful_reviews_1.jpg
#54noutBrPosted 4/22/2013 2:04:02 AM
OtakuGamera posted...

Didn't P4G have a lot of stuff added on top of the enhanced visuals? I never played the original P4 so I don't really know.
---
m e g a m a n f o r e v e r
#55ZzUniversezZPosted 4/22/2013 2:18:23 AM
noutBr posted...
OtakuGamera posted...

Didn't P4G have a lot of stuff added on top of the enhanced visuals? I never played the original P4 so I don't really know.

P4G is an enhanced port.
#56siberian142Posted 4/22/2013 2:30:45 AM
OtakuGamera posted...

It changed more than just the graphics and adding in the international content that we didn't get, though.
#57TheExiled280Posted 4/22/2013 4:30:47 AM
SE can't be that stupid. They would be better off cancelling the Vita versions then selling them at those prices. I'd buy it regardless but everyone doesn't prefer games on handhelds like I do.

I'll wait for an official announcement before I believe this.
---
Currently Watching: Game of Thrones(Season 3!!!), Breaking Bad(Season5), Young Justice Invasion. FMA Brotherhood, Persona 4 The Animation & The Following
#58StrikeNinja24Posted 4/22/2013 4:45:54 AM
wordlife13 posted...
AstralFrost posted...
It will take a much higher price than a measly $40 each to deter me from getting it portable.

This. Seems like almost everyone on this board doesnt want to pay more than $5 for anything Vita related; games, memory cards, accessories etc. $40 IS NOT A LOT OF MONEY.

It's like when people ask "why did you get a Vita?"; because I wanted one, it's an amazing piece of hardware, I wanted over half of the Vita's physical library(got my Vita in October)and because when you become an adult and or have a job you realize VERY QUICKLY $250 is not a lot of money.

You also realize as an adult when something isn't a good deal, and to be more resilient with spending what you earn, because it is something you worked hard for.

This is not something SE put effort into to market it at 40 bucks a pop. Even Capcom doesn't do this.
---
Xbox & PS3 gametag = StrikeNinja24
And if Strike didn't stroke his own peen, then nobody would. - Super-Pangolin
#59ITPPosted 4/22/2013 4:48:24 AM
TheExiled280 posted...
SE can't be that stupid. They would be better off cancelling the Vita versions then selling them at those prices. I'd buy it regardless but everyone doesn't prefer games on handhelds like I do.

I'll wait for an official announcement before I believe this.

What if they had a Digital / Retail bundle of both for 60$ though? I'd say that considering the scope of the games, this is somewhat fair, wouldn't you?
#60M989Posted 4/22/2013 4:50:50 AM
I'm quite certain that both FFX & FFX-2 are going to be bundled and sold for $40 us total... there's no way that they will sell them $40 each, and for the Vita it will be $20 each...

that would make more sense and Amazon already has them priced at that... well at least the bundle for $40