Vita game rarity suggestions questions.

#1NepheraelPosted 4/22/2013 8:09:40 AM(edited)
Hey guys, been a while. I see it hasn't changed much around here XD

This is gonna be long, sorry =(

So I got some PSN credit from the vita referral program and here's what I want to do. I always wanted to have a graded game (I have a buddy who deals in them and, as a gamer and collector, I love it. Just can't afford it) and since I'm horrible about anticipating what games will be rare I figured I'd go with the odds on this. I was thinking since vita sales have been low the first year and with the rise of digital distribution physical vita games are probably the lowest produced games currently. So since I have this credit I was thinking about getting a vita game on download and also buying the physical copy to leave sealed and get graded.

The first game that has come to mind is Soul Sacrifice. The demo was great and I think it will be a highly sought after game but I'm horrible about making final decisions so I thought I'd ask for some suggestions. You think I should go with Soul Sacrfice? Maybe Disgaea 3? ragnarok Odyssey? P4G? Or is there a console game you would recommend (I figured with how far along we are in this gen most games are probably MASSIVELY produced from a collector's standpoint). Maybe some of you know of a game that is already rare?

Thanks for any help guys and glad to visit the vita board again for those that remember me.
---
PSN: Nepherael /// http://tinyurl.com/72s9lwv
Why did I keep going back?
#2DemonDog666Posted 4/22/2013 8:01:15 AM
Digital versions are absolutely useless to collectors so the money back from the thing is pointless. As for what will be a collectors item soul sacrifice is the most likely one I think it even has a collectors edition with extras too.
#3TheExiled280Posted 4/22/2013 8:03:31 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#4Nepherael(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 8:04:15 AM
DemonDog666 posted...
Digital versions are absolutely useless to collectors so the money back from the thing is pointless. As for what will be a collectors item soul sacrifice is the most likely one I think it even has a collectors edition with extras too.

No I want the digital version so I can play it lol. The only reason I've never gotten a game graded is because I play them and can't afford two copies but having this PSN credit will allow me to do this one time =)
---
#5Nepherael(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 8:08:30 AM
TheExiled280 posted...
SS shouldn't be too hard to find. Worst case scenario, I think you can use Atlus' site for P4G. No point in buying RO, since its getting an updated version (RO:ACE) that might be localized. Its also very meh in comparison to SS IMO.

I haven't seen Disgaea 3 in retail since 2012 >_>

You could buy it from Amazon though

I was wanting to do it with Disgaea but I was worried because it was a rerelease and also because it's free on ps plus. Both of those things might not matter though. Since I'm not a hardcore collector I don't know for sure if things like that make a difference.

But yeah I'm not worried about current availability since I'm sure I can find any game anywhere if I look hard enough. I just want to get something that has a good chance of being rare down the road if I'm gonna pay an extra $25 to grade it =)
---
#6shrimpdoodPosted 4/22/2013 8:32:38 AM
So um, you buy a game for $40, pay another $25 to get it graded, and maybe ten years down the road, if you're really lucky, it'll be worth $80 ($15 more than you paid). Then what? Sell it on eBay and make like <$5 after listing and Paypal fees?
#7Bikes-Posted 4/22/2013 8:37:09 AM
Your best bet is a limited edition copy of a game. Persona 4 Solid Gold Edition is the only thing that I know that has gone up in price so far (Other than the Hatsune Miku Vita I guess). There's not enough demand at the moment for anything else to be rare.
#8RotuhiiriPosted 4/22/2013 8:41:13 AM
I think both NISA and Atlus do reprints when their games are sought after. The Devil Summoner (PS2 games) just got reprinted by Atlus and Persona is a bigger franchise for them so P4G won't ever get rare. I can't think of a single Sony-published game that is rare either so I doubt that will happen to Soul Sacrifice either.

Digital distribution and probably piracy has made it so very few PSP games are rare either. I got into the PSP collecting late in the game and I've never had to pay $40+ for any PSP game apart from LEs and I own pretty much every decent RPG for the system.
---
JRPG fans, support our struggle: http://chn.ge/SsowWy
Like our cause: https://www.facebook.com/OperationDemonBane
#9Nepherael(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 8:51:10 AM(edited)
shrimpdood posted...
So um, you buy a game for $40, pay another $25 to get it graded, and maybe ten years down the road, if you're really lucky, it'll be worth $80 ($15 more than you paid). Then what? Sell it on eBay and make like <$5 after listing and Paypal fees?

No, not quite. It's for my own personal collection. I don't really plan to sell it. That doesn't mean I wouldn't want to choose something that has a better chance at being worth more. That said why not go look on completed listings on eBay for graded copies of any retro system or games like Final Fantasy and Xenoblade Chronicles (hint: they sell for sometimes ten times more than they're worth. A example would be Earthbound on NES. Normal mint copy is around $400 and a graded copy hit $4000)

If you would like to know why someone does something or maybe get a little mpre information about something don't ask in a such an assy condescending way. I was really hoping coming back to the board for a topic or two every once in a while wouldn't be an annoying experience and yet again I haven't learned my lesson.
---
#10Nepherael(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 8:50:28 AM
Rotuhiiri posted...
I think both NISA and Atlus do reprints when their games are sought after. The Devil Summoner (PS2 games) just got reprinted by Atlus and Persona is a bigger franchise for them so P4G won't ever get rare. I can't think of a single Sony-published game that is rare either so I doubt that will happen to Soul Sacrifice either.

Digital distribution and probably piracy has made it so very few PSP games are rare either. I got into the PSP collecting late in the game and I've never had to pay $40+ for any PSP game apart from LEs and I own pretty much every decent RPG for the system.

Digital distribution and piracy don't mean anything to rarity since collectors don't collect downloads. There have been psp games worth quite a bit but the real money in PSP's are the special edition PSP's designed alongside certain games.

Thanks for the info about the reprints though.
---